Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • GAZ$
    • By GAZ$ 2nd Mar 14, 6:15 PM
    • 41Posts
    • 42Thanks
    GAZ$
    Barclaycard AP removal [successful]
    • 2nd Mar 14, 6:15 PM
    Barclaycard AP removal [successful] 2nd Mar 14 at 6:15 PM
    Hi
    Just wondering if any 1 could help me out if possible please

Im coming to the end of a DMP October this year and I have 3 barcleycard accounds all saying AR from 2007, (card 1150)(card2220)(card3500)left to pay on them I can afford to pay these now in full if needed or carry on till October Just im worried that these AP will still show for years after I have finished as a default would of been better as would remove after 6 years from 2007 all other accounts have defaulted me and drop of in oct-nov this year that are also on this DMP

Any chance of a nice polite letter would work or not ?
    Last edited by GAZ$; 02-03-2014 at 6:47 PM.
Page 2
  • SRT81
    It s funny how people are treated different I was told you agreed to have that marker by going on a ten year repayment plan
    Originally posted by dumpyboy
    Well, I'd maybe challenge that.

Like it says in the letter template, an arrangement to pay is supposed to be a short-term marker (up to six months).

I'm not certain, but I don't think they're supposed to simply roll-on with that marker at the end of every six month period.

Maybe someone who knows a bit more will comment with further advice.
    • fuzzgun19
    • By fuzzgun19 1st Apr 14, 11:09 PM
    • 7,498 Posts
    • 61,547 Thanks
    fuzzgun19
    I hope I am successful too, I sent an email to Barclaycard like the ops and received a letter saying they are investigating.
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
  • panholio
    I have this exact problem with Natwest. Have just sent them an email, will update with their response.
    • fuzzgun19
    • By fuzzgun19 4th Apr 14, 12:13 PM
    • 7,498 Posts
    • 61,547 Thanks
    fuzzgun19
    Following my email only 2 weeks ago, I've also had success!!!

Even got a 25 cheque for the inconvenience.. many thanks to the OP (GAZ$) for posting!
    Last edited by fuzzgun19; 05-04-2014 at 10:18 PM. Reason: Photo
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
    • dazla
    • By dazla 5th Apr 14, 8:51 PM
    • 191 Posts
    • 278 Thanks
    dazla
    BC refused to remove my AP
    I will have to try writing in using this letter template. I spent over an hour on the phone with BC a few weeks ago, asking them to remove my AP markers, but they flatly refused, even after I quoted the ICO guidelines
    • 20aday
    • By 20aday 5th Apr 14, 9:36 PM
    • 2,507 Posts
    • 1,077 Thanks
    20aday
    I've posted a letter to HSBC and Capital One this evening and will inform you of the outcome!
    It's not your credit score that counts, it's your credit history. Any replies are my own personal opinion and not a representation of my employer.
  • sdh2903
    Capital one (when I managed to get through to the relevant department) were very straightforward to deal with. They agreed they shouldn't have marked my Credit file in that way and issued a default for 2006 so hopefully should clear off my file by the end of the month. All over the phone in under 30 mins.

Creation finance however are a different kettle of fish, over 3 years of AP and late 6 markers but they aren't budging at present.
    • 20aday
    • By 20aday 8th Apr 14, 2:36 PM
    • 2,507 Posts
    • 1,077 Thanks
    20aday
    Capital one (when I managed to get through to the relevant department) were very straightforward to deal with. They agreed they shouldn't have marked my Credit file in that way and issued a default for 2006 so hopefully should clear off my file by the end of the month. All over the phone in under 30 mins.

Creation finance however are a different kettle of fish, over 3 years of AP and late 6 markers but they aren't budging at present.
    Originally posted by sdh2903
    Thank you for posting about Capital One; they should've got my letter today so I'm hoping I'll hear back from them soon!

Well done for getting it sorted out
    It's not your credit score that counts, it's your credit history. Any replies are my own personal opinion and not a representation of my employer.
    • 20aday
    • By 20aday 11th Apr 14, 9:53 PM
    • 2,507 Posts
    • 1,077 Thanks
    20aday
    Update: HSBC have written back to me and have said they'll remove the markers within 10 working days; so thank you for giving me the inspiration to challenge something I could've settled years ago!
    • GAZ$
    • By GAZ$ 12th Apr 14, 3:13 PM
    • 41 Posts
    • 42 Thanks
    GAZ$
    I'm glad a few of u have had good results ,one thing I will
    Say is never talk on phone just wait for email or paper reply once these peeps get u on phone your chances drop well done peeps
  • greybear40
    I have gotten nowhere with Studio. In fact they haven't even replied this time. Could it be because I put the account back on normal terms in Jan it now can't be amended? I just thought that normal payment markers would look better than arr ones. The accounts were on an arrangement for 6+ years until then though. Not sure what to do next??
    • happy_bunny
    • By happy_bunny 13th Apr 14, 6:55 PM
    • 4,480 Posts
    • 1,759 Thanks
    happy_bunny
    I have gotten nowhere with Studio. In fact they haven't even replied this time. Could it be because I put the account back on normal terms in Jan it now can't be amended? I just thought that normal payment markers would look better than arr ones. The accounts were on an arrangement for 6+ years until then though. Not sure what to do next??
    Originally posted by greybear40
    If they haven't given you a final response after 8 weeks, send your complaint to the FOS:

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/consumer/complaints.htm
  • greybear40
    They did reply to my first letter stating that the arr markers were a true reflection of my payments so I sent a better letter which I found on here in case my first letter was not clear enough and this was only 3 weeks ago so I suppose I should give it another 5 weeks and see if I get another reply. Thank you for the advice
    • happy_bunny
    • By happy_bunny 13th Apr 14, 7:55 PM
    • 4,480 Posts
    • 1,759 Thanks
    happy_bunny
    Did they say its their final response?

It sounds like it. I would go to the FOS now as it can be a slow process
  • greybear40
    It doesn't say it's their final response it just says "Your account hasn't defaulted with Studio Cards. The account is still open and has never been passed to an external debt collector. Due to this it will show as an outstanding account on your credit file. If we can be of any further assistance in this matter do not hesitate to contact us." Do you think I'll get another reply from them or should just go straight to the FOS?
    • happy_bunny
    • By happy_bunny 14th Apr 14, 5:34 PM
    • 4,480 Posts
    • 1,759 Thanks
    happy_bunny
    It doesn't say it's their final response it just says "Your account hasn't defaulted with Studio Cards. The account is still open and has never been passed to an external debt collector. Due to this it will show as an outstanding account on your credit file. If we can be of any further assistance in this matter do not hesitate to contact us." Do you think I'll get another reply from them or should just go straight to the FOS?
    Originally posted by greybear40
    Sounds like they answered a question rather than treating it as a complaint.

Maybe send a letter asking if that is a final response to your complaint and see what they say. State if it is you will be referring to the FOS.
  • greybear40
    Ok thank you. Will do. Not giving up yet! Got nothing to lose!
    • dumpyboy
    • By dumpyboy 14th Apr 14, 6:55 PM
    • 378 Posts
    • 85 Thanks
    dumpyboy
    Well, got my reply today told me they report a true reflection of my account showing it been on an arrangement for the last 8 years but as a gesture of goodwill will except a one off 80 percent of the the remaining balance and mark it as settled I phoned them said would it show closed and paid in full was told it would show partley settled told them I have only five payment left to pay in full then she told me I have a few more after that for interest may be up to 3 to 6 months worth so a settlement offer would be best as the account would be closed early so it looks like I see fos say may be it will be sorted by September
    • dini
    • By dini 14th Apr 14, 9:00 PM
    • 180 Posts
    • 291 Thanks
    dini
    I have been on a DMP since june 2007. Still have 2 yrs to go.
    Most of my creditors have dropped off my credit file.
    I have a marker from Moorgate (Ex MBNA) showng AR from April 2008 but no default, shows as DM from Sept 2011
    Capital One did not default until April 2009, but shows AR from March 2008
    Next is showing an arrangement to pay from Apr 2008 but didn't default until April 2009
    These were all on a DM from June 2007.

2 Questions:
    Anyone know whether I should write to MBNA or Moorgate to request changing the AR to Default based on ICO guidance
    and
    Do you think there is any point (or any likelihood of success) in writing to the others to see if I can get the Default date adjusted?
    • dumpyboy
    • By dumpyboy 14th Apr 14, 10:14 PM
    • 378 Posts
    • 85 Thanks
    dumpyboy
    I did not have no luck with mbna or taken them to ico now with fos as a unfair agreement as running 12 years with a r red makers then a further 6 but have not heard back from them thought I have more luck with barclaycard as people have succeeded on here but no luck I got I default latter then the rest fully paid try getting that changed ico wrote back said they can not interfere with company policy but asked them to change it as a gesture of good will citi refused even thou it was 14 months from the rest will drop of in June
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,430Posts Today

7,020Users online

Martin's Twitter