Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 4
    • old nutter
    • By old nutter 4th Nov 10, 9:45 AM
    • 521 Posts
    • 474 Thanks
    old nutter
    Not sure Old Nutter is referring to the same canary....

That reminds me - I have to feed the cat!
    Originally posted by Muzzabuzz
    I think using airline parlance that it might have only gone "tech". Other birds from the same flock are missing as well.
  • DENBOW
    Muzz, have you tried to load the ccag forums this morning? I can get on the homepage but when I try the forums it won't load, tried 3 or 4 times with no success.
    Originally posted by polli62
    i'm having the same problem !!!
    • pelirocco
    • By pelirocco 4th Nov 10, 9:46 AM
    • 7,741 Posts
    • 8,715 Thanks
    pelirocco
    I was wondering whether 'Company Expert' has a bipolar personality? Lol

The original posts were helpful and friendly, subsequent posts were agressive and defensive, emmmmmmm.

Couldn't be a case of identity fraud could it?
    Originally posted by Helford2
    Or Multiple user ?
  • Muzzabuzz
    Perhaps the cat's had 'em
  • glynd
    I know they are perfectly legitimate, but, they can be significant, with such a small residual fund identified. Obviously, the liquidation process will be initiated very shortly. The CCE action group refuse, point-blank, to publish any questions relating to MCR charges, and, seem to be happy with the 'whispers' of 10p in the pound. I maintain, the 13000 un-secured creditors, had better be prepared to receive 'nothing back'. It is cruel to 'build-up' the hopes of folks who have been fleeced. If Barclays Bank identifies those folk who had their money accepted, after the freeze, then, you have secured creditors - again, ahead of the un-secured creditors.

I must admit to feeling 'uncomfortable' with the action group sitting around the same table as the Administrators!

Anyway, I had the audacity to ask questions of the Administrators. via their devotees. Needless to say. censorship was instant, and, the 'Freedom of Speech Ethic' went straight out of the window. Prior to the final 'nail in my coffin' - there were a remarkable number of deletions of my previous posts. I would expect the same level of censorship, to have prevailed at Staleg Luft 13! Now, they will not even let me show my medication certificate, for the night of the termination!

I'm reminded of the 1914/18 War. Lots of gutsy songs and artificial glamour. The reality was dismal.
    Originally posted by sleeplessnight
    The Administrators didn't steal our money. I don't think we're now allowed to mention who did on here. But he has form.

Ok, none of us wanted them, because we just wanted Crown Currency Exchange to do their job competently, but I'm afraid this is part of the legal process.

And as it happens, the people who had their money stolen after the 29th represent 35% of the capital of the company but only 5% of the creditors. I think we have a stronger case for knowingly trading whilst insolvent if they are removed.
    • wantanswers
    • By wantanswers 4th Nov 10, 9:48 AM
    • 3,220 Posts
    • 857 Thanks
    wantanswers
    I know they are perfectly legitimate, but, they can be significant, with such a small residual fund identified. Obviously, the liquidation process will be initiated very shortly. The CCE action group refuse, point-blank, to publish any questions relating to MCR charges, and, seem to be happy with the 'whispers' of 10p in the pound. I maintain, the 13000 un-secured creditors, had better be prepared to receive 'nothing back'. It is cruel to 'build-up' the hopes of folks who have been fleeced. If Barclays Bank identifies those folk who had their money accepted, after the freeze, then, you have secured creditors - again, ahead of the un-secured creditors.

I must admit to feeling 'uncomfortable' with the action group sitting around the same table as the Administrators!

Anyway, I had the audacity to ask questions of the Administrators. via their devotees. Needless to say. censorship was instant, and, the 'Freedom of Speech Ethic' went straight out of the window. Prior to the final 'nail in my coffin' - there were a remarkable number of deletions of my previous posts. I would expect the same level of censorship, to have prevailed at Staleg Luft 13! Now, they will not even let me show my medication certificate, for the night of the termination!

I'm reminded of the 1914/18 War. Lots of gutsy songs and artificial glamour. The reality was dismal.
    Originally posted by sleeplessnight
    When the liquidation process is initiated, then a creditors committee could be formed depending on the circumstances be i.e.

http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/freedomofinformation/technical/technicalmanual/Ch13-24/Chapter16/part8/part_8.htm

Regarding MCR charges I believe their rates have been published, however relating to what they will “bill” is like saying “how long is a piece of string”…unless some capping arrangement is agreed.

Generally speaking, when all the details have been acquired and agreed the liquidators will perhaps publish a dividend band that creditors could receive, however that time will most definitely be sometime in the future. Furthermore what sometimes happens in these cases is that anyone i.e. creditors committee will be asked to sign “Confidentiality Agreements” which does restrict the flow of sensitive information and from experience can be very frustrating, however it is essential.

Regarding the action group sitting around the same table as the Administrators, it is unusual however it could be an advantage, either way it is most certain they will be acting under “strict confidentiality rules.”
  • Helford2
    Anyone seen my cat? It seems to have escaped !
    Originally posted by Muzzabuzz
    He/She's probably moved out having had erratically timed meals at all times of the day and got fed up with you sitting in front of that B****y computer for the last month and being ignored!

• Muzzabuzz
    I have a theory as to Sleeplessnight's identity..... is this the same person who was banned from the facebook group for bad language and harrassment? was banned from the first thread on here for similar offences, not to mention personal attacks on other users? and was spotted making snide remarks on the group forum so removed from there before he could do any further damage? If it is, he writes a very impressive review on Trip advisor
  • Muzzabuzz
    He/She's probably moved out having had erratically timed meals at all times of the day and got fed up with you sitting in front of that B****y computer for the last month and being ignored!

You're probably right......that's what the kids will have done too!
  • polli62
    Seldomseenkid, you have a Private message.
  • polli62
    DENBOW you have a private message
  • glynd
    I feel left out.
    • peachyprice
    • By peachyprice 4th Nov 10, 10:21 AM
    • 20,433 Posts
    • 47,356 Thanks
    peachyprice
    I can't get on either, have they been gagged too I wonder?
    Accept your past without regret, handle your present with confidence and face your future without fear
    • pelirocco
    • By pelirocco 4th Nov 10, 10:24 AM
    • 7,741 Posts
    • 8,715 Thanks
    pelirocco
    I was wondering whether 'Company Expert' has a bipolar personality? Lol

The original posts were helpful and friendly, subsequent posts were agressive and defensive, emmmmmmm.

Couldn't be a case of identity fraud could it?

Or they could have been trying to lead us away from a certain subject ,
    • pelirocco
    • By pelirocco 4th Nov 10, 10:24 AM
    • 7,741 Posts
    • 8,715 Thanks
    pelirocco
    I feel left out.
    Originally posted by glynd
  • glynd
    Or they could have been trying to lead us away from a certain subject ,
    Originally posted by pelirocco

They seemed to be steering us towards Barclays initially, then got angry when we didn't take the bait.

That line of thinking rings a bell...
  • polli62
    Sorry Glynd you have a PM
    • pelirocco
    • By pelirocco 4th Nov 10, 10:36 AM
    • 7,741 Posts
    • 8,715 Thanks
    pelirocco
    They seemed to be steering us towards Barclays initially, then got angry when we didn't take the bait.

That line of thinking rings a bell...
    Originally posted by glynd

Always be wary of greeks bearing gifts ........thought for the day

new posters , giving out info , you have to wonder why sometimes , especially as some of it was a bit far fetched
    • old nutter
    • By old nutter 4th Nov 10, 10:42 AM
    • 521 Posts
    • 474 Thanks
    old nutter
    Does anyone know what happened to TOR traders , I think they were another currency firm?

It doesnt look as tho they were wound up by creditors and assume they ceased trading , but i am ( almost) sure to do this you have to pay off any debts the company has , in their last accounts of june 07 , their assets were £76,561 and their liabilities were £260,556

So did TOR traders become CCE? , or something else?
    Originally posted by pelirocco
    Maybe the creditors were another Bill and Ben company and they just wrote the debt off. Could be quite an interesting way to move money around between family companies?
  • Helford2
    Maybe the creditors were another Bill and Ben company and they just wrote the debt off. Could be quite an interesting way to move money around between family companies?
    Originally posted by old nutter
    See here:-

http://www.companiesintheuk.co.uk/ltd/tor-traders
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,745Posts Today

7,610Users online

Martin's Twitter