Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • welshtony
    • By welshtony 19th May 10, 11:35 AM
    • 66Posts
    • 7Thanks
    welshtony
    Easyjet: Anyone getting their claims progressed?
    • 19th May 10, 11:35 AM
    Easyjet: Anyone getting their claims progressed? 19th May 10 at 11:35 AM
    I sent a claim in by email on 29 April, attaching all the documentation for my claim (8 days hotel and food, plus extended car parking).

I immediately got a holding email:

Submitted from Web - 29/04/2010 05.57 PM td.header { } td.text { padding-left: 4px; padding-right: 4px; } td.label { } td.data { } Your question has been received. Please note that due to the volcano eruption in Iceland we have received very high number of emails and we are experiencing delays in responses to our customers. We would like to apologise for any inconvenience

But have received nothing since, and have no idea how to progress the claim with Easyjet by phone or email, as the only reference I have is the original and rebooked flight refs..

How's anyone else doing?

Any views on how long it's reasonable to wait?

Any secret phone nos to get through to them?
Page 2
    • flimsier
    • By flimsier 28th May 10, 9:47 AM
    • 751 Posts
    • 2,099 Thanks
    flimsier
    I had a flight delayed by easyjet because they didn't have a pilot 4 years ago. They promised to refund hotel costs, taxi costs (Luton to Stanstead) and so on, as we got a flight from Stanstead the next morning.

After 2 years of chasing, we gave up trying and put the few hundred pounds down to experience.
    • elfina
    • By elfina 28th May 10, 4:04 PM
    • 34 Posts
    • 165 Thanks
    elfina
    I had a flight delayed by easyjet because they didn't have a pilot 4 years ago. They promised to refund hotel costs, taxi costs (Luton to Stanstead) and so on, as we got a flight from Stanstead the next morning.

After 2 years of chasing, we gave up trying and put the few hundred pounds down to experience.
    Originally posted by flimsier
    I refuse to give up!
    • doelani
    • By doelani 31st May 10, 7:43 PM
    • 2,555 Posts
    • 5,412 Thanks
    doelani
    I recieved email today to say my refund ( for flight cancelled on 5th May ) had been processed and would be back on my credit card in 5-10 days. Just checked with someone else who had flight cancelled during first disruption and they had their email confirming money on way a few days ago. Just need to wait on it arriving now.
    TOTAL 44 weeks lose. 6st 9.5lb
  • Rach39
    Hi, I just got the same email response too about how delays up to an hour non reimbursable (was stuck for two days in Barcelona!) There was a link to 'click here' if you needed further help - this took me throught 4 or 5 pages where I had to keep entering my username and password then finally got a box to add comments. Once I explained the response was incorrect and that my claim under EU directive was valid and pressed submit I was told that there was an error on the page!!
    I have instead just replied to the email through outlook saying the same thing and will see what happens next...! I did note though that on 'Update your Question' page (when I finally got to it) they had number of nights and cost and separate entry for our meals costs listed - they must have gone through the receipts submitted and separated accommodation from food and have listed both so am still quite hopeful will get somewhere eventually!!!
    Life's a box of beads - rainbow coloured and full of surprises!
    • welshtony
    • By welshtony 3rd Jun 10, 11:15 AM
    • 66 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    welshtony
    Hi, I just got the same email response too about how delays up to an hour non reimbursable (was stuck for two days in Barcelona!) There was a link to 'click here' if you needed further help - this took me throught 4 or 5 pages where I had to keep entering my username and password then finally got a box to add comments. Once I explained the response was incorrect and that my claim under EU directive was valid and pressed submit I was told that there was an error on the page!!
    I have instead just replied to the email through outlook saying the same thing and will see what happens next...! I did note though that on 'Update your Question' page (when I finally got to it) they had number of nights and cost and separate entry for our meals costs listed - they must have gone through the receipts submitted and separated accommodation from food and have listed both so am still quite hopeful will get somewhere eventually!!!
    Originally posted by Rach39
    I just had exactly the same experience (re getting booted out and then a final error with no help message).

I'm getting annoyed, now.
  • Rach39
    A Glimmer of Hope...
    I rang Easyjet yesterday after the fiasco of the emails (see my earlier post) on 0871 2442366 and got straight through to a real live person!! They could not have been more helpful, were able to access my documents and claim submitted and went through everything on the phone including getting more details in respect of the receipts I'd scanned and sent. He hadn't a clue why I'd got the wrong email but said it was one of those things and sorry! Anyhow by the end of the call (bout 10 mins) he was satisfied reimbursement due and said would sort asap - 20 mins later I got an email confirming total claim amount would be credited to my account within 15 - 20 working days. Won't open the champers till it actually arrives but feeling very pleased about the ease it got sorted in the end!!
    • greyraccoon
    • By greyraccoon 3rd Jun 10, 9:02 PM
    • 371 Posts
    • 275 Thanks
    greyraccoon
    I received an email from easyjet this afternoon, telling me that a refund of my hotel and food costs would be going onto my card within 5-10 working days. They refused to pay for my additional travel costs, so it looks like they're going with a fairly strict interpretation of EU/261. Honestly I'm glad to get anything, as we already had the refund for the flight itself a couple of weeks ago.
  • Rach39
    Mine arrived back in my bank today - very happy with their service overall bloke on phone v helpful and refund was quick to arrive once agreed - only gripe is my bank charging 9.33 currency conversion fee!!
    • kieran_01
    • By kieran_01 10th Jun 10, 1:04 PM
    • 16 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    kieran_01
    I refuse to give up!
    Originally posted by elfina
    Quite right Elfina - don't give up! Further to my earlier post where I had received a nonsensical response from them, I have since exchanged several emails with their Customer Experience Champions/Representatives and they have finaly agreed to reimburse my hotel and food costs for the extra week.

My advice is to keep trying, and if you're not happy with the proportion of a cost that they agree to refund, then argue the case again (e.g. I only had an itemised receipt for 48 for a meal and they refused at first to pay my supermarket credit card bills as I didn't have itemised receipts - when I pointed out that them settling 48 for 4 people over 6 days didn't seem consistent with their duty of care, they agreed to cover an additional 147 for the supermarket bills!!)
    • gratomlin
    • By gratomlin 10th Jun 10, 3:44 PM
    • 18 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    gratomlin
    can i claim for meals during my enforced extended stay in spain, we stayed at a privately rented villa and i'm trying to get the cost refunded but i didnt think of getting receipts for meals for the extra week as i wasnt convinced easyjet would cough up, has anyone else claimed for meals without receipts?
    • andrewmp
    • By andrewmp 15th Jun 10, 11:14 PM
    • 1,577 Posts
    • 811 Thanks
    andrewmp
    For the person talking about not having a scanner. You don't actually need one. Just open up your email receipt and take a screen shot of it and email them that. It's crazy that you need to bother as they clearly have full details themselves anyway!
    • 944Turbo
    • By 944Turbo 16th Jun 10, 12:54 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    944Turbo
    I was stuck in Cyprus at the beginning of the ash disruption, no one at airport, no information of any value from easyjet just a text saying that flight was cancelled about an hour before it was due to leave - despite the fact I had discovered through other channels it was cancelled about 12 hours before. after a couple of days hanging around (and trying to fly to Milan - flight also cancelled) flew to Athens and travelled by various, mostly uncomfortable means back to UK.

Easyjet are offering to pay our 2 extra nights hotel in cyprus, but no travel costs (they are refunding the original return flight). If we had sat in Cyprus they say they would have picked up the hotel bills / basic food / till they could fly us home. Given how busy the flights were when the skies opened up this may have taken a number of further days.
    I have proposed they pay the equivalent of the Hotel bill from Friday when we should have flown home to Wednesday the earliest they could have got us back which would go some way to refunding the alternate travel. We made their lives easier, by heading home - imagine if all travellers had waited for airlines to return them home.
    Do I have any chance of getting them to pay 5 nights hotel (the bare minimum we would have been there for) instead of the 2 nights we actually stayed as I take it there is no chance of getting the additional travel money back.
    Thanks
    Tony
    • niceday999
    • By niceday999 16th Jun 10, 11:32 PM
    • 1,053 Posts
    • 505 Thanks
    niceday999
    For the person talking about not having a scanner. You don't actually need one. Just open up your email receipt and take a screen shot of it and email them that. It's crazy that you need to bother as they clearly have full details themselves anyway!
    Originally posted by andrewmp
    a scanner is clearly needed to scan all the receipts for hotel, meals etc .......
    • 944Turbo
    • By 944Turbo 17th Jun 10, 1:49 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    944Turbo
    Only if you want to take them to court to try force them to pay out. They will not willingly pay out in your situation IMO.
    Originally posted by Cityboy
    They have made it fairly clear they only intend to pay out for the 2 nights hotel, wonder if a legal letter threatening court action + expenses would be enough to get them to pay out the 700 equivalent to 5 nights hotel. Would I be able to claim lost earnings (self employed) and actual travel costs if I went the court route? - I suspect no but need a lawyer to answer that one I guess. It annoys me that easyjet gave no advice at the time as to what to do.
    Tony
  • leathersofa
    very happy with Easyjet service
    We got caught in Amsterdam on 16 April - came home by ferry after a couple of days. Easyjet refunded our flight costs within 2 weeks, which I think was reasonable considering how many claims they had at that point. They said, after a bit of toing and froing, that they would probably refund 200 euros towards our hotel costs (actually 257 euros was what it cost us) which I thought was more than reasonable. A month later and no final decision or money, so I emailed them again. Got a reply within 2 days saying I could either have 240 euros at once or else wait for a more detailed examination of my claim. Needless to say I took the 240 euros. This was only yesterday so haven't got the money yet, but I think that for a super-budget airline they've been pretty good to us. I will definitely fly EJ again. And BTW my son is a big fan of Ryanair - he says the only bad thing about it is the relentless sales pitches, but he uses his iPod to block it out
    • ginnylinny
    • By ginnylinny 17th Jun 10, 8:36 PM
    • 16 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    ginnylinny
    Easy jet refunds
    I SENT OFF ALL MY RECEIPTS TO EASY JET VIA THE WEBSITE AND ALSO SENT A COPY RECORDED DELIVERY TO THEIR HEAD OFFICE ON 29TH APRIL. I HAVE HAD AN EMAIL YESTERDAY INFORMING ME THAT THEY ARE REFUNDING ALL OF MY CLAIM BACK ON TO MY CREDIT CARD WITHIN THE NEXT 15-20 DAYS. I HAVE PHONED TO CHASE THEM UP SEVERAL TIMES SO MAYBE THAT IS THE WAY TO DO IT - HASTLE THEM. I AM SO PLEASED. WELL DONE EASY JET.

• niceday999
    • By niceday999 19th Jun 10, 7:20 PM
    • 1,053 Posts
    • 505 Thanks
    niceday999
    I received this after sending in my receipts etc by recorded post.I then sent a message via their online help section and received this back

Thank you for contacting us.
    I would like to sincerely apologise for any inconvenience that the disruption to your flight may have caused you.
    Our records indicate that your flight flew as scheduled and I regret that we are unable to offer you any compensation under these circumstances. This is inline with our terms and conditions and the EU legislation regarding delays and cancellations.
    I would like to apologise again. I do hope this incident will not deter you from choosing easyJet in the future.
    I have included a link below to more information about our policy on cancellations:
    http://www.easyjet.com/EN/Book/regulations.html#delays
    I do hope I have been able to answer your question fully. To update your query please reply to this email and we will be happy to assist you further.
    Yours sincerely,
    Jordan Butterfield

My flight did not go as scheduled in fact it was cancelled sun, cancelled mon and then went on friday which was the 1st available flight with easyjet...what shall i do.? i rang them last week and they said it must still be in luton where i sent it at end of may but wouold get to them eventually...!!!!!
    HELP !!!!!
  • kindofaverage
    I SENT OFF ALL MY RECEIPTS TO EASY JET VIA THE WEBSITE AND ALSO SENT A COPY RECORDED DELIVERY TO THEIR HEAD OFFICE ON 29TH APRIL. I HAVE HAD AN EMAIL YESTERDAY INFORMING ME THAT THEY ARE REFUNDING ALL OF MY CLAIM BACK ON TO MY CREDIT CARD WITHIN THE NEXT 15-20 DAYS. I HAVE PHONED TO CHASE THEM UP SEVERAL TIMES SO MAYBE THAT IS THE WAY TO DO IT - HASTLE THEM. I AM SO PLEASED. WELL DONE EASY JET.

Originally posted by ginnylinny
    excellent news for you - can I ask what did you claim for - was it another flight back with another airline please????
    • ginnylinny
    • By ginnylinny 19th Jun 10, 8:35 PM
    • 16 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    ginnylinny
    hi
    i claimed for return flight with another airline to which easyjet paid my original refund plus the extra i paid with other airline. they paid for my hotel in tenerife. some bus fares and some meals and also my hotel in england because we landed at another airport at midnight and we couldnt get home. hope this is some help and good luck.
    • niceday999
    • By niceday999 20th Jun 10, 6:55 PM
    • 1,053 Posts
    • 505 Thanks
    niceday999
    where on the easyjet website do you submit a claim for Vol ash cancelled flight, hotel food etc.. I sent all my receipts in by post on 23rd May but they get sent to Luton and they had not yet reached the dept I rang. I have now photographed copies of all the receipts as i dont have a scanner and they look fine. so will try and email in then they will be able to locate it straight away when i call.....
    i cant find it on their website
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,877Posts Today

6,702Users online

Martin's Twitter