Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • samanthag
    • By samanthag 12th May 10, 11:11 AM
    • 1,305Posts
    • 3,255Thanks
    samanthag
    would you risk booking a holiday now ?
    • 12th May 10, 11:11 AM
    would you risk booking a holiday now ? 12th May 10 at 11:11 AM
    hi all

would you risk booking a holiday for august with all that is going on with the volcano ash cloud.

i am looking to book a package holiday with thomsons and just wandered what other people would do /think we are going to ibiza and was going to book it tonight should i / shouldnt i ?

thanks in advance

This Forum Tip was included in MoneySavingExpert's weekly email

Don't miss out on new deals, loopholes, and vouchers

Last edited by Former MSE Wendy; 18-05-2010 at 8:24 PM.
    gave up smoking 07/01/09
Page 2
    • littlemissbossy
    • By littlemissbossy 19th May 10, 1:00 PM
    • 638 Posts
    • 1,577 Thanks
    littlemissbossy
    Life's full of "what ifs" its a matter of minimising the risks. I would book a package and avoid British Airways.

I'm off to Las Vegas in two weeks, hmmm stranded in Vegas, can think of worst places.
    Don't wait for your ship to come in, swim out to it.
    • Bronnie
    • By Bronnie 20th May 10, 12:00 PM
    • 4,090 Posts
    • 11,491 Thanks
    Bronnie
    ]Bronnie's "Holiday in UK" idea may not be as daft as it seems[/B]. It could be a tripple whammy: avoid the ash and strikes, experience the forecast scorcher and save the economy (and the planet!).
    There are thousands of self-catering family cottages available in the UK and some still have really good summer 2010 availability. I've just refurbished my pet "Cheyne Cottage" project but am having real difficulty finding out how to market it this late and so close to when I need bookings - any MSE advice gratefully received.
    To summarise - don't reject UK holidays!
    Happy Holidays!
    Skip
    by HHskip;32968699[B
    I didn't mean it as a 'daft' option or said critically!! Hope that's not how it sounded..... just trying to help clarify OP's options
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,101Posts Today

7,170Users online

Martin's Twitter