Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 3
  • Its-A-New-Age-Thing
    FOR THE TEAM..............I decided to apply for V12 finance via DABS.COM

i was DECLINED and they CONFIRMED they searched CALL CREDIT AND CIFAS DATABASE in the decision

NIDDY the cifas search may be relevant to you...........thought id say anyway

only adverse on my call credit is one default roughly 5 years old satified for 350

and NO i dont have any cifas markers before someone asks lol

oh and make sure u read the terms and conditions part prior to finalising ure application as theres about 4 boxes u have to tic so they dont pass ure details onto the world and annoy the tits out of you.......

Last edited by Its-A-New-Age-Thing; 30-04-2010 at 8:42 AM.
  • archived user
    FOR THE TEAM..............I decided to apply for V12 finance via DABS.COM

i was DECLINED and they CONFIRMED they searched CALL CREDIT AND CIFAS DATABASE in the decision

NIDDY the cifas search may be relevant to you...........thought id say anyway

only adverse on my call credit is one default roughly 5 years old satified for 350

and NO i dont have any cifas markers before someone asks lol

oh and make sure u read the terms and conditions part prior to finalising ure application as theres about 4 boxes u have to tic so they dont pass ure details onto the world and annoy the tits out of you.......

Originally posted by Its-A-New-Age-Thing
    Thanks for the confirmation

Anyone got any idea who they report to once live? They could be particularly useful for sub-primers trying to rebuild if they report to EX and /or EQ.

Regards
    UNDERGROUND
    • Chris2000
    • By Chris2000 2nd May 10, 2:40 PM
    • 317 Posts
    • 89 Thanks
    Chris2000
    Credit cards - Citicard also report monthly to CC
    Mortgages - Coventry BS reports monthly to CC, EF and EQ
    Store cards - Santander Cards include Debenhams which also reports monthly to CC
  • southernguy
    Just had to phone Credit Expert (Experian) as there was no mention of my Vanquis card - which i have held for 7 months - on my report.

The guy said Vanquis did not report to Experian

Will ring Vanquis to check though.

Surely this makes my credit available to me look worse to a potential lender

Just phoned Vanquis and they do report direct to Experian so now have to write to them and request they update my credit file.
    Last edited by southernguy; 04-05-2010 at 4:31 PM. Reason: update
  • Its-A-New-Age-Thing
    Thanks for the confirmation

Anyone got any idea who they report to once live? They could be particularly useful for sub-primers trying to rebuild if they report to EX and /or EQ.

Regards
    UNDERGROUND
    Originally posted by UNDERGROUND

UNDERGROUND

ADD scan.co.uk to the V12 list as thats who finance them aswell takes 2 tics to verify, visit there website add an item to ure basket, and at the checkout section it offers u V12 FINANCE..............tell u what mate this V12 seems to get about and scan.co.uk is a DECENT site.........

REGARDS

• blt
    • By blt 5th May 10, 12:27 PM
    • 240 Posts
    • 196 Thanks
    blt
    Question about CRA's
    Sorry if this is a lame question but...

Can I just check that the 'search' agencies are the companies they will go and have a nosey at your files with and that once you have an account they update the ones showing?

I'm in the process of trying to move (planned for 6 months or so from now) and have arrangements to pay from 3 years ago which show up on my equifax and callcredit files. They are not, however, on my experian file. I'm with that 'checkmyfle' company and they advised me that a company which seraches equifax and cc will be unlikely to lend to me (very disappointing as I only made an arrangement to pay a reduced mortgage amount when I was off work for a period of time for bereavement).

Sorry if this is a really obvious question, I just obviously want to approach the lenders who will look at my 'good' experian file.

Thanks for your help and I'll be sure to confirm anything I find out when I get in touch with lenders.
    • blt
    • By blt 5th May 10, 12:45 PM
    • 240 Posts
    • 196 Thanks
    blt
    Ooh - and also - here is a quick contribution to the list:

Spoken to Britannia Building Society who confirmed that they search experian only (mortgages).
    • stuartmck
    • By stuartmck 5th May 10, 12:52 PM
    • 252 Posts
    • 869 Thanks
    stuartmck
    Just had to phone Credit Expert (Experian) as there was no mention of my Vanquis card - which i have held for 7 months - on my report.

The guy said Vanquis did not report to Experian

Will ring Vanquis to check though.

Surely this makes my credit available to me look worse to a potential lender

Just phoned Vanquis and they do report direct to Experian so now have to write to them and request they update my credit file.
    Originally posted by southernguy
    My Vanquis card appears on my Experian report.
    In need of a new signature!
  • Parki
    Just applied for a Barclays current account and this time they searched my Equifax. Previously they have only searched Experian for me.
  • never-in-doubt
    Just applied for a Barclays current account and this time they searched my Equifax. Previously they have only searched Experian for me.
    Originally posted by Parki
    Barclays now search both Experian and Equifax.... banks used to be Experian and cards used to be Equifax - they chop-and-change all the time now.

Bloody hell - hello stranger! Hows it going?

Glad to see you're able to apply already...... best of luck
  • Parki
    Barclays now search both Experian and Equifax.... banks used to be Experian and cards used to be Equifax - they chop-and-change all the time now.

Bloody hell - hello stranger! Hows it going?

Glad to see you're able to apply already...... best of luck
    Originally posted by never-in-doubt
    Its going well here see the thread I started FAO Nid ;p
  • never-in-doubt
    Its going well here see the thread I started FAO Nid ;p
    LOL, mate next time PM me - haha

• Parki
    Can anyone confirm that Halifax are still only searching Experian?
  • BugsyBrowne
    Yes they are parki..
  • Parki
    Yes they are parki..
    Originally posted by star-fire
    Cheers for that just wanted to confirm before I applied.
  • Parki
    I just applied for Bank of Scotland credit card and they actually searched my Equifax, So thats Barclays current account and BOS credit card that have both not done me on experian so that explains my low credit limit.

I so need a guaranteed Experian only Credit card !
    • blt
    • By blt 8th May 10, 9:35 PM
    • 240 Posts
    • 196 Thanks
    blt
    What about the 'smile' one from co-op or halifax? I think they are both experian. I'm in the same position and having a good old search round
    • blt
    • By blt 8th May 10, 9:46 PM
    • 240 Posts
    • 196 Thanks
    blt
    Just had a look on the Halifax site and (not sure which products this is for) - it says they use all 3 CRAs
  • Parki
    Just had a look on the Halifax site and (not sure which products this is for) - it says they use all 3 CRAs
    Originally posted by blt
    Yeah I did Bank of Scotland which is the same as Halifax and they searched my equifax and not my experian. Could just be me though,
  • BugsyBrowne
    Can anyone confirm that Halifax are still only searching Experian?
    You asked what CRA does halifax use,Which for their credit card is experian,I thought you were applying for the halifax credit card..Not BOS
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,003Posts Today

6,411Users online

Martin's Twitter