Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sarah1972
    • By sarah1972 7th Mar 14, 2:58 PM
    • 14,205Posts
    • 43,869Thanks
    sarah1972
    0 WOW
    Shop & Scan
    • 7th Mar 14, 2:58 PM
    0 WOW
    Shop & Scan 7th Mar 14 at 2:58 PM
    As the Shop and Scan thread is getting long now and people are asking for referrals I thought it was about time for a new thread. Old thread here http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=321950

Please note that registration is by invite only but you can register your interest in joining the panel here www.volunteer4panels.com

How it works

What we ask you to do
    Scanning in your shopping

Every time you or anyone else in your household buys something which is brought back home, please scan.

We also ask you to provide us with an image of your till receipt whenever you make a shopping trip. The best way to do so is by scanning the receipt with a flatbed/copy scanner. If you do not have one then you can take a photo using a digital camera instead.

At the end of EACH week please remember to transmit your barcodes and upload your till receipts...

Connect the Clicker to your PC
    Visit www.shopandscan.com
    Click on Transmit your Barcodes
    Clicker and Lead Arrow Address Bar Arrow Transmit Button
    After transmitting your barcodes please also Submit your Till Receipts.

Your weekly reward points will then be added to your Reward Account on the following Monday.

What we offer in return

Reward Points

As thanks for your participation, we will enrol you in our Reward Points Programme as soon as you register with us.
    We will regularly credit your account with points in exchange for your continued participation in the ShopandScan survey.
    You can review you balance at any time by logging into your Reward Account.

As soon as you have enough points, you may redeem them for any vouchers from the wide selection available.

Or you can accumulate your points for even greater rewards... the choice is yours.

Membership is free for you... there are no hidden costs associated with redemption of your Reward Points.
    I'm a Board Guide on all of the Shopping & Freebies Boards http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5
    I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (its not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
Page 30
    • silvercar
    • By silvercar 1st Nov 19, 1:01 PM
    • 39,651 Posts
    • 163,836 Thanks
    silvercar
    Anyone else not received their shopping points for this week yet? I've had the 500 points for uploading the receipts but not the 1,100 for the clicker download. I didn't get any errors when sending the data and usually get both credited at the same time on a Monday.
    Originally posted by Chocmonster7
    Is that the general amount I can expect? 1,100 for clicker and 500 for receipts, so 1,600 total a week - the equivalent of 1.60, approx 7 a month.

Plus any extras that come my way.

Not sneezing at it, just want to keep a spreadsheet updated.
    • redagila
    • By redagila 1st Nov 19, 1:24 PM
    • 4,596 Posts
    • 15,202 Thanks
    redagila
    Is that the general amount I can expect? 1,100 for clicker and 500 for receipts, so 1,600 total a week - the equivalent of 1.60, approx 7 a month.

Plus any extras that come my way.

Not sneezing at it, just want to keep a spreadsheet updated.
    Originally posted by silvercar
    You can always check your points on your account.
    • pinkprincess39
    • By pinkprincess39 4th Nov 19, 5:18 PM
    • 874 Posts
    • 2,192 Thanks
    pinkprincess39
    I didn't know that!

If you're asked to do the food diary say yes, a week's worth of quick entries for a decent amount of points and I'm usually asked to extend it to another week for more points. Think I've done it three times now.

Have also downloaded their Pannel Connect app to my phone 500 points a week for doing nothing. Some have securtiy worries about it but if they can do anything interesting with my data I'd be amazed.
    Originally posted by Chocmonster7

I do shop and scan, but whats this panel connect app? Thanks
    • paul2louise
    • By paul2louise 6th Nov 19, 10:58 AM
    • 1,940 Posts
    • 717 Thanks
    paul2louise
    Is anyone a member of shopandscan, food on the go and consumer pulse. When you go on holiday do you contact all of them separately to tell them your dates
    • Chocmonster7
    • By Chocmonster7 6th Nov 19, 4:46 PM
    • 2,364 Posts
    • 2,113 Thanks
    Chocmonster7
    Originally posted by pinkprincess39

You have to be invited via an email then they give you details of how to download it.
    • London50
    • By London50 6th Nov 19, 4:48 PM
    • 1,721 Posts
    • 1,694 Thanks
    London50
    Originally posted by pinkprincess39

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=6051485:)
    • cdodd
    • By cdodd 17th Nov 19, 2:36 PM
    • 631 Posts
    • 1,004 Thanks
    cdodd
    anyone else having problems transmitting bar codes or submitting till receipts today?
    • njhsmee
    • By njhsmee 17th Nov 19, 3:04 PM
    • 32 Posts
    • 40 Thanks
    njhsmee
    Yes,the server is down....it says to try later.I have had this before...usually sorts out in a couple of hours
    • toshkininny
    • By toshkininny 17th Nov 19, 6:26 PM
    • 1,143 Posts
    • 624 Thanks
    toshkininny
    Glad it wasn't just me.
    • paul2louise
    • By paul2louise 17th Nov 19, 7:31 PM
    • 1,940 Posts
    • 717 Thanks
    paul2louise
    I emailed them my receipt. I got other things to do than keep checking if it's working
    • Kantankrus Mare
    • By Kantankrus Mare 17th Nov 19, 8:23 PM
    • 5,712 Posts
    • 15,240 Thanks
    Kantankrus Mare
    Yep......just tried transmitting barcodes and keep getting an error.

Not tried receipts yet.
    [COLOR="Red"]Make 10 a day challenge 2019 Jan 397.78 Feb 290.82 Apr 222.68 May 160.69 July 64.49
    Walk 2000 miles in 2017....1780.35 miles
    Walk 2018 miles in 2018...1939.71 miles
    Walk 2019 miles in 2019.....1,711.89 miles
    Mortgage...47,07046,09245,626.44,182,43,721,41,828
    • redagila
    • By redagila 17th Nov 19, 8:45 PM
    • 4,596 Posts
    • 15,202 Thanks
    redagila
    Yep......just tried transmitting barcodes and keep getting an error.

Not tried receipts yet.
    Originally posted by Kantankrus Mare
    I Have the error message as well.
    • girlchops
    • By girlchops 17th Nov 19, 11:45 PM
    • 230 Posts
    • 1,819 Thanks
    girlchops
    still getting an error msg that states the server returned an error.
    I'm going to take a screenshot just to prove that i tried. I had this before a few months ago and they wouldn't honour my points because they said i had the whole week to upload!! Got them in the end but what a palaver!!
    • Kantankrus Mare
    • By Kantankrus Mare 18th Nov 19, 12:19 AM
    • 5,712 Posts
    • 15,240 Thanks
    Kantankrus Mare
    Thats a bit poor if they dont honour the points.

Guessing everyone will be in the same boat unless transmitted earlier in week. I always leave mine till Sunday evening to do. Might have to rethink that.
    [COLOR="Red"]Make 10 a day challenge 2019 Jan 397.78 Feb 290.82 Apr 222.68 May 160.69 July 64.49
    Walk 2000 miles in 2017....1780.35 miles
    Walk 2018 miles in 2018...1939.71 miles
    Walk 2019 miles in 2019.....1,711.89 miles
    Mortgage...47,07046,09245,626.44,182,43,721,41,828
    • veggieblob
    • By veggieblob 18th Nov 19, 7:36 AM
    • 541 Posts
    • 2,500 Thanks
    veggieblob
    Just managed to submit mine, then got their reminder!
    • London50
    • By London50 18th Nov 19, 7:38 AM
    • 1,721 Posts
    • 1,694 Thanks
    London50
    All back to normal now. I just transmitted 5 mins ago
    • fifeken
    • By fifeken 28th Nov 19, 3:25 PM
    • 2,425 Posts
    • 1,261 Thanks
    fifeken
    Just received email offering the usual triple points over Christmas. Here's some of the text:
    As we head into this busy time of year, we know it can be difficult to find the time to scan all the extra shopping you are getting in for Christmas. As a thank you for the extra effort that you make we would like to give you triple points for Christmas!

Instead of the usual 1100 points, you will receive 3300 points for each week that you transmit your barcodes over the Christmas period.

The triple points will be available for transmitting in the two weeks from Monday 16th to Sunday 29th December.

This means that the weekly reward points paid on Monday 23rd and Monday 30th December will be tripled.

• paul2louise
    • By paul2louise 28th Nov 19, 7:10 PM
    • 1,940 Posts
    • 717 Thanks
    paul2louise
    still getting an error msg that states the server returned an error.
    I'm going to take a screenshot just to prove that i tried. I had this before a few months ago and they wouldn't honour my points because they said i had the whole week to upload!! Got them in the end but what a palaver!!
    Originally posted by girlchops
    They wouldn't honour my points even though I had emailed them with a receipt so I kept messaging them and eventually I got a message saying they would give me the 500 points as goodwill. It was their glitch so they should just pay.
    • redcurlypanda
    • By redcurlypanda 11th Dec 19, 1:22 PM
    • 91 Posts
    • 166 Thanks
    redcurlypanda
    Reward A/C
    Just wondering if anyone else is having problems trying to reset their password following:

Due to a number of updates on the website, you will be asked to reset your password if you have not already done so. If you experience any problems with this ...

RCP x
    • Chocmonster7
    • By Chocmonster7 11th Dec 19, 7:56 PM
    • 2,364 Posts
    • 2,113 Thanks
    Chocmonster7
    Just logged in but although it says that on the front page it's let me in with my usual password and hasn't directed me to change it.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,236Posts Today

5,914Users online

Martin's Twitter