Plusnet Fibre Broadband

I have just renewed my plusnet fibre broadband contract after contacting them stating I was going to leave.

I am now pay £3.51 for fibre broadband on a twelve month contract. I have paid up front for line rental which works out at £16.49.

So in all, I pay £20 a month for fibre broadband and line rental, price protected for 12 months.

I have just renewed my plusnet mobile to.
I pay £10 a month for 11GB of data, unlimited mins and texts.

Great value for money.

Comments

• Depends on the broadband, suspect you are selling something anyway. Phone deal sounds ok.
    Blackpool_Saver is female, and does not live in Blackpool

• Neil_Jones
    Neil_Jones Posts: 8,912 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Plusnet are quite open to haggling at the moment particularly now we're in an open window before line rental costs increase. I have just sorted out a new deal with them too.

This is an ideal time to get your haggling hats on :)
  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,199 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Neil_Jones wrote: »
    Plusnet are quite open to haggling at the moment particularly now we're in an open window before line rental costs increase. I have just sorted out a new deal with them too.

This is an ideal time to get your haggling hats on :)
    Best of luck, I tried about a month back & they refused to even get near the alternative supplier, which as it was John Lewis who piggy back on P'net seemed a bit daft to me
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • Neil_Jones
    John Lewis do not "piggyback" on Plusnet. Plusnet provide the service that is sold as "John Lewis Broadband". It is effectively the same product in new packaging.

Anyway they quite often won't compete with themselves even if it is under another label; not that that's a problem because there are other deals to bounce off so...
  • I told them I was leaving for Talk Talk and they soon came up with a good offer to match.
  • ive just had a frustrating experience with Plusnet, when I went to look at their blackfriday deals. Ive been with them many years, and am currently on their Unlimited Fibre Extra package, bit have been out of contract for some time. I pay £39.98 a month. I see on their website that they are selling it at £26.99 a month, so figure I'll have a bit of that!
    I click to add the package, and it lands me on a page with the options available to me. It only gives me my current package, so I can neither "downgrade" nor choose the latest offer. A quick look and it tells me that my current package is prices at £31.99 as an "out of contract price", so this is about 25% lower than Ive been paying for the last 18 months since ive been out of contract. I decide to chat online to an advisor.
    I detail the above, and ask why there is a discrepency, they confirm that I am out of contract and am currently being charged £39.98, but that they have no idea why the website would be telling me otherwise. They ask if I want to speak to the new contracts team, and I advise I'd rather find out if I've been overcharged the last couple of years first, they say they can help. I teminated the chat, saying I'd email them with my screen grabs etc. ( silly me then realised you cant email Plusnet.... a tech company)
    Back to the chat I go, I chat to another person, tell them my frustration. Their reply is "clearly the website it wrong" and " meaning as you are out of contract, you are paying the full price" - its not clear, thats why im talking to them, and the "out of contract" price the webiste is telling me is lower than the full price they had quoted me, its not like I'd been getting a discount and it reverted to full price like some mobile phone contracts do.
    Frustrated, I then say " lets put that to one side" can I also ask why if im out of contract I cant take advantage of the new offers, or move to another package at all? ( actually, I can ADD call packages), they tell me Plusnet have never allowed customers to change their packages online, and I would have to talk to a sales advisor. I tell them I upgraded the package 4 years ago in their online shop, and if only I could email you I could give you all the details, they say this isnt an option, and if I wanted to do anything further on their account I would need to talk to the sales team.

Very frustrating...... and now reading on the forums I realise that the price reductions are only coming ahead of their planned increases in December.... time to go to another provider methinks, they are not being honest with me!
    LBM: March 2012 DEBT: 7500 DFW DATE: Jan 14
    Loan: [STRIKE]5162[/STRIKE]/ 5023
    CCARD: [STRIKE]1215[/STRIKE]/ 1062
    CCARD2: [STRIKE]134[/STRIKE]/129
    RENT ARREARS: [STRIKE]438[/STRIKE]/=367
    OD: [STRIKE]562[/STRIKE]/411
  • Swipe
    Swipe Posts: 5,085 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Very good deal OP. You did well
  • My Line Rental Saver expired this month with 5 months left on my broadband contract. I wanted to stay with Plusnet but I wanted a contact that included line rental. I thought they would want to retain my custom but it seems not - I wasn't offered a new contact and I have to pay my line rental monthly now for the next 5 months when I will probably jump ship to Talk Talk. Plusnet used to be good...:(
  • Neil_Jones
    My Line Rental Saver expired this month with 5 months left on my broadband contract. I wanted to stay with Plusnet but I wanted a contact that included line rental. I thought they would want to retain my custom but it seems not - I wasn't offered a new contact and I have to pay my line rental monthly now for the next 5 months when I will probably jump ship to Talk Talk. Plusnet used to be good...:(

Your Line Rental Saver is not a contract as such, you just pay them a lump sum in one go to secure a discount on it. It sounds like you agreed to 18 month contract, the saver has always been for 12... You can renew it for another 12 months.
  • Your Line Rental Saver is not a contract as such, you just pay them a lump sum in one go to secure a discount on it. It sounds like you agreed to 18 month contract, the saver has always been for 12... You can renew it for another 12 months.

You're missing the point Neil. I wanted to stay with Plusnet but on a new contract - akin to changing to a new gas or electricity tarriff. Nobody would lose out.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure