Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • JustJubles
    • By JustJubles 6th Nov 19, 9:00 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    JustJubles
    30 day right to reject
    • 6th Nov 19, 9:00 PM
    30 day right to reject 6th Nov 19 at 9:00 PM
    Hi

Can anyone tell me if the 30 day Short Term Right to Reject covered in the Consumer Rights Act 2015 is applicable to broadband and telephone line services. If the service never went live within that 30 day period?

Many thanks

JJ
Page 1
    • onomatopoeia99
    • By onomatopoeia99 7th Nov 19, 9:02 AM
    • 5,957 Posts
    • 13,805 Thanks
    onomatopoeia99
    • 7th Nov 19, 9:02 AM
    • 7th Nov 19, 9:02 AM
    It isn't applicable, section 20 of the act describing the right to reject covers goods, whereas broadband / phone are services. Service must be performed with "reasonable care and skill" per section 49, there is no short term right to reject.

Like all extant legislation, it is available to read online on a government website so you can confirm this yourself.
    INTP, nerd, libertarian and scifi geek. Home is where my books are.

5.2kWp system, SE facing, >1% shading, installed March 2019.
    • JustJubles
    • By JustJubles 13th Nov 19, 7:06 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    JustJubles
    • 13th Nov 19, 7:06 PM
    • 13th Nov 19, 7:06 PM
    Thank you so much for your reply. I will look up the Act as you have suggested, and as you seem to understand consumer law, would ask you another couple of questions if that is OK.

Firstly if despite being given a date for my broadband/phone service to go live it did not and never did, can I still be charged for that service?

Secondly, are the provider in breach of contract if they did not try to attempt to connect that service and subsequently sent all communications regarding my complaint/attempts to cancel my contract to the wrong address.

Thirdly if they are in breach of contract and have issued a bill can I demand that the bill be wiped?

Thank you in advance

JJ
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

228Posts Today

1,863Users online

Martin's Twitter