New free credit report Clearscore (Equifax)

15678911»

Comments

• MABLE
    MABLE Posts: 4,080 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I have recently joined Clearscore and note the credit file seems more up to date than Noddle. Noodle are always one month behind but with Clearscore
    some of my accounts were updated on the 16 August.
  • emzky
    emzky Posts: 86 Forumite
    My credit score is only 320 which I find odd. It does say I'm not on the electoral roll though? Even though I voted from this address last vote. Strange? Could this be why? I have a 0 balance on next who gave me a ridiculous 5k limit. And a very account with 1k limit and a balance of 300.
  • Doc_N
    Doc_N Posts: 8,268 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    lisyloo wrote: »
    I do hope you don't find yourself on a suckers list.

I've been using them for a couple of months with no issues.

I'm not a sucker, I've weighed up the facts and think others should be allowed to make their own decisions.
    It's a shame you don't respect anyone else's opinion and have to resort to name calling simply because someone doesn't agree with you.
    I respect your right to hold your opinion and do as you wish, but I don't respect you for name calling and scaremongering or to assume everyone else with a different opinion is thick.

It's not an insult - just a technical term: :)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/shopping-and-consumer-news/11757106/Con-men-keep-suckers-list-of-200000-likely-victims.html
  • Gingernutty
    Gingernutty Posts: 3,769 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Shameless bump over a dead :spam: link
    :huh: Don't know what I'm doing, but doing it anyway... :huh:
  • Just checked my record with Clearscore, they got the address right but electoral register, credit card and current accounts totally wrong.

Checked with Equifax, cost £2.00, address wrong, electoral register correct but for wrong address, didn't check accounts. Phone up Equifax and got it put right over the phone. They are supposed to be updating Clearscore.

Very impressive performance, considering the effect they can have on your life.
  • Hi

sorry if I'm posting in the wrong place.

I've been alerted by equifax (paying... :-( ) that ClearScore have made an "inquiry" on my credit file at Equifax, six times on 21/01/2016.

It coincides by date with a check by Capital One (Europe) - my credit card provider.

I've contacted Capital One and they said they don't use ClearScore.

I'm waiting on a response from Equifax.

I've not applied for any credit of any kind - last one was talktalk broadband in late November, which shows as normal and is in place.

Any ideas?

thanks

Glen
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Hi

sorry if I'm posting in the wrong place.

I've been alerted by equifax (paying... :-( ) that ClearScore have made an "inquiry" on my credit file at Equifax, six times on 21/01/2016.

It coincides by date with a check by Capital One (Europe) - my credit card provider.

I've contacted Capital One and they said they don't use ClearScore.

I'm waiting on a response from Equifax.

I've not applied for any credit of any kind - last one was talktalk broadband in late November, which shows as normal and is in place.

Any ideas?

thank

Glen

Have you checked your Equifax report yourself ?
  • DCFC79 wrote: »
    Have you checked your Equifax report yourself ?

yes. That shows the following:

21/01/2016

Hide DetailsShow DetailsSearches New/Deleted
    CLEARSCORE , a Miscellaneous company, has made an inquiry against your credit report on 19/01/2016 . If you were not aware of or did not consent to this search, contact CLEARSCORE or Equifax for clarification.
    CLEARSCORE , a Miscellaneous company, has made an inquiry against your credit report on 19/01/2016 . If you were not aware of or did not consent to this search, contact CLEARSCORE or Equifax for clarification.
    CAPITAL ONE (EUROPE) PLC , a Credit Card company, has made an inquiry against your credit report on 19/01/2016 . If you were not aware of or did not consent to this search, contact CAPITAL ONE (EUROPE) PLC or Equifax for clarification.
    CAPITAL ONE (EUROPE) PLC , a Credit Card company, has made an inquiry against your credit report on 19/01/2016 . If you were not aware of or did not consent to this search, contact CAPITAL ONE (EUROPE) PLC or Equifax for clarification.

I've had quite a quick response from ClearScore messaging, saying that an account had been opened on ClearScore, with my details. They've now blocked that account.

It concerns me because when I signed up for Equifax, the long list of questions and answers required (relating to bank and credit cards from 5 years ago etc) made it difficult for ME to set up the equifax account. On that basis, I'm assuming ClearScore is not as rigorous?

Anyway, for interest, I'll keep you updated with the next response from ClearScore.

I'll contact my bank and Credit card company now too.

thanks

Glen
  • letmefree
    letmefree Posts: 173 Forumite
    Noodle 3/5 - 592
    Clearscore 379
    Experian 879
    Feb £22,608, Weight 18st, 2 x cards, 2 x loans.
  • glentoran99
    glentoran99 Posts: 5,821 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    According to clearscore my defaults have gone? Think something has gone wrong! the accounts are still there
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure