Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • lisyloo
    • By lisyloo 13th Jul 11, 8:22 PM
    • 25,567Posts
    • 13,755Thanks
    lisyloo
    Noddle
    • 13th Jul 11, 8:22 PM
    Noddle 13th Jul 11 at 8:22 PM
    Anyone else had an email form Noddle asking for credit card verification?
    Anyone else done it yet?
    I'm holding off until I'm sure it's legit.
Page 8
    • lisyloo
    • By lisyloo 30th Apr 12, 5:21 PM
    • 25,567 Posts
    • 13,755 Thanks
    lisyloo
    Is there a pull down somewhere where it says "credit" or "debit" card.
    You are paying by debit card but appear to have the options for credit cards.
    Check for an option somewhere.
    • Consumerist
    • By Consumerist 30th Apr 12, 5:31 PM
    • 5,282 Posts
    • 2,639 Thanks
    Consumerist
    Hi all, trying to register at Noddle but where you put your card number in it only has the options Visa and Mastercard...I only have a Maestro card, does this mean I won't be able to complete my registration?
    Originally posted by Fuskercat
    Maestro is a Mastercard brand name.
    Warning: In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
    • Fuskercat
    • By Fuskercat 30th Apr 12, 6:57 PM
    • 50 Posts
    • 28 Thanks
    Fuskercat
    Maestro is a Mastercard brand name.
    Originally posted by Consumerist
    I thought so, but it says the account number is wrong! It's a Yorkshire bank account and I have vague reccolections that their numbers are a digit shorter than other banks account numbers (Though I may be wrong on that one!)
    • Fuskercat
    • By Fuskercat 30th Apr 12, 7:03 PM
    • 50 Posts
    • 28 Thanks
    Fuskercat
    Is there a pull down somewhere where it says "credit" or "debit" card.
    You are paying by debit card but appear to have the options for credit cards.
    Check for an option somewhere.
    Originally posted by lisyloo
    I've attatched a screenshot of the screen where you enter the card details, there appears to be no other card options I can see

• Cell
    • By Cell 30th Apr 12, 7:35 PM
    • 527 Posts
    • 201 Thanks
    Cell
    As they are allowing you to access your credit details I think they will need a card which appears on your credit record, to cross reference and confirm it's actually you.

I guess you'll just have to contact them to check whether a debit card option is available.
    • Fuskercat
    • By Fuskercat 30th Apr 12, 8:24 PM
    • 50 Posts
    • 28 Thanks
    Fuskercat
    As they are allowing you to access your credit details I think they will need a card which appears on your credit record, to cross reference and confirm it's actually you.

I guess you'll just have to contact them to check whether a debit card option is available.
    Originally posted by Cell
    I'll do this thanks
  • safc118

I checked visa and used my visa debit verified no problem and have had access for few months now.
    • Pantera Fan
    • By Pantera Fan 30th Apr 12, 8:28 PM
    • 115 Posts
    • 54 Thanks
    Pantera Fan
    I don't think this is the case (although it would make sense). I used a Sygma card which is not reported to Noodle/Callcredit.
    • Cell
    • By Cell 30th Apr 12, 8:31 PM
    • 527 Posts
    • 201 Thanks
    Cell
    Dunno then
    • Fuskercat
    • By Fuskercat 30th Apr 12, 9:09 PM
    • 50 Posts
    • 28 Thanks
    Fuskercat
    Took a look at Noddles Facebook page to see if anyone else had the same problem and saw this: 'we're very sorry but you will need a credit or debit card to sign up to Noddle and this needs to be a Visa or MasterCard. At this time, you won’t be able to sign up if you dont have one.' So it doesn't look like I'll be able to join as I've tried putting Visa as my card and it won't accept it
    • Toe-Jam
    • By Toe-Jam 1st May 12, 11:06 AM
    • 1,550 Posts
    • 578 Thanks
    Toe-Jam
    Is anyone else having trouble loading the Noddle website. It won't load for me at all, hasn't done for weeks.
    • Consumerist
    • By Consumerist 1st May 12, 11:44 AM
    • 5,282 Posts
    • 2,639 Thanks
    Consumerist
    No trouble loading either the home page or the sign-in page.

I have used the following links :-

<Home page >

<Sign-in page>
    Warning: In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
    • Gordon Hose
    • By Gordon Hose 1st May 12, 11:47 AM
    • 6,057 Posts
    • 4,113 Thanks
    Gordon Hose
    Fine for me.

Try clearing your temp internet files.
    • Toe-Jam
    • By Toe-Jam 1st May 12, 12:54 PM
    • 1,550 Posts
    • 578 Thanks
    Toe-Jam
    Discovered they are blocking my IP, thinking i'm in the Republic of Ireland,

Worked fine when I used a UK proxy server. even though i'm already in the UK
    • Gordon Hose
    • By Gordon Hose 1st May 12, 1:34 PM
    • 6,057 Posts
    • 4,113 Thanks
    Gordon Hose
    Who's your ISP?
    • Toe-Jam
    • By Toe-Jam 1st May 12, 3:58 PM
    • 1,550 Posts
    • 578 Thanks
    Toe-Jam
    Who's your ISP?
    Originally posted by Gordon Hose
    Its a Wimax service. NWEWN
    • DavidT
    • By DavidT 11th May 12, 10:36 PM
    • 64 Posts
    • 24 Thanks
    DavidT
    I have just signed up for this. It wouldn't accept my debit card but did accept my credit card. However I do have an odd address problem. My debit card is registered to my "correct" address whereas my credit card is registered to the address that normally (but not always) shows up on databases. There are 4 properties here numbered 1-4 but two of them have "Cottages" and two have "Bungalows" as the last part of of the first line of the address. My actual property deeds say Bungalows but on databases it comes up as Cottages. So I wonder if that can cause a problem? I know I had a hell of a job convincing the TV licensing people I really did have a license!

As for the report the only issue I have with it is that there is an address linked with which I have never had had any connection with whatsoever. It is however a similar address to my own so perhaps at some stage either myself or someone else has selected the wrong one from a database. Have raised a dispute and will be interested to see how it gets resolved.
  • JohalaReewi
    Noddle won't let me sign up with my credit card.
    • harvey115
    • By harvey115 14th May 12, 1:39 PM
    • 676 Posts
    • 225 Thanks
    harvey115
    Noddle does not let me sign up either and nor both of my brothers. I think this is due to us moving to a new house with in the past year.

I tried all my debit cards as well as my credit card.
    • DavidT
    • By DavidT 14th May 12, 8:33 PM
    • 64 Posts
    • 24 Thanks
    DavidT
    When my sign up failed I just got a generic message about them not being able to provide me with access to my credit report and that they had to be sure they only released information to the right person. Annoyingly no clue as to what the actual problem was. I've guessed in my case it was to do with my address as the credit card was accepted. I don't know that for sure though. Its obviously alluding to the data I entered not being acceptable.

But it is frustrating in my case at least not to be given any specific reason for the failure.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,489Posts Today

6,836Users online

Martin's Twitter