GWD Forestry Investment

Comments

• badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,129
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    I don't know whether Tao Feng Associates is a genuine company or not.

Even if it is a genuine company, its website suggests it offers business to business services.

There is no logical reason why such a company would approach an individual investor.

I'll be in HK in December. Maybe I'll take look:cool:
  • ok I got it :-)
  • I have been informed by insolvency firm in Manchester UK and one in Hong Cong stateing that GWD is being wound up. Can anybody confirm. I am sure there are other Investors would like confirmation.
  • Malthusian
    Malthusian Posts: 10,898
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    I have been informed by insolvency firm in Manchester UK and one in Hong Cong stateing that GWD is being wound up.

Ignore them. They are almost certainly scammers. Again.

GWD is (as far as I can tell) registered in Mallorca and Ireland which means that UK and Hong Kong insolvency administrators have nothing to do with it.

Remember that insolvency administrators deduct their fees from the company they are winding up; they have first claim on any company assets. They never ask for money from creditors.
  • Yes, also received a similar email from GWD.

I also invested in 2013 and 2015 in a promising (therefore high risk) forestry asset in Brasil and Canada ... or as it recently appears to be a very poorly managed or well conceived scam investment company.

Therefore would subscribe to a (legal) action with other investors against GWD and its supposed representatives / management.
  • Yes, also received similar calls from Belmont Insolvency Ltd., stating GWD is being investigated and is winding into a insolvency process. Unfortunately this info can be for real ...
    But then the story then sounds strange when they appoint you to an International Broker that will sell your assets as quickly as possible... before

Does this sound familiar to anyone?

Again, would subscribe to any (legal) joint action with other investors against GWD Group and its supposed representatives / management team.
  • Malthusian
    Malthusian Posts: 10,898
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    But then the story then sounds strange when they appoint you to an International Broker that will sell your assets as quickly as possible... before

Does this sound familiar to anyone?

Yes. It's old as the hills.
    Again, would subscribe to any (legal) joint action with other investors against GWD Group and its supposed representatives / management team.
    Beware of throwing good money after bad. Are you a high-net-worth individual who would be happy to pay four figures or more to fund legal action, even if you never recovered a penny of the investment, and lost the money you spent on legal action as well?

If not, it may be best to write it off and not lose any more sleep.
  • I was also contacted by them and it seems like a scam, especially since they try to force an answer due to urgency...
  • dealer_wins
    dealer_wins Posts: 7,334 Forumite
    Chrisw1 wrote: »
    I was also contacted by them and it seems like a scam, especially since they try to force an answer due to urgency...

Its almost certainly a scam, 99.999%.
  • Beware of both companies acting as GWD liquidators/asset sellers Belmont Insolvency and Serex Investments are scams. Please don't fall for their tricks to pay for an "insurance policy". Their websites are hosted in RU and the domains have only recently been registered for less than a year.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback