Home Insurance Cashback Success

Options

Comments

• traceyr
    traceyr Posts: 169 Forumite
    Home Insurance Hacker! Cashback Cashier
    Options
    I just got my £68 from More Than from my policy which I took out in May. A bit slow but worth the wait.
  • ericcartman
    Options
    Just a note of caution though - I was also due £75 from More Than after taking out a policy via Quidco in the summer. It was declined last week - Quidco saying More Than had reported I did not have a policy with them.

Of course, I do have a policy with them, which was taken out via a quote from Quidco (with all cookies cleared etc). I've been paying for it ever since, and have an email from More Than from the summer thanking me for buying the policy, and including the same quote reference number.

But Quidco say they can't do anything, and I've got nowhere with More Than. Feel very ripped off as I'd never have taken the policy if it wasn't for the cashback. So I'll be cancelling my More Than insurance asap.

Just wanted to let people who are thinking of choosing More Than via Quidco know that they might be disappointed :(
  • curriej99
    curriej99 Posts: 107 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    I had buildings only insurance with Tesco and they recently sent me a renewal quote which was way high (230 odd quid for a 2 bed flat). I screenscraped about and got it down to about 130 with a different company. When i phoned Tesco to tell them i didnt want to renew they asked me how much i'd paid. I said 130 quid and they said 'we'll match it and give you a £20 Tesco voucher'.
    Needless to say i went for it. I suggest others try it. If you can get the best quote and then make £20 on top that's not bad...
  • obiwan3000
    Options
    Just bought a home insurance policy with sainsburys for £66 and will get £100 cash back through Quidco. Ha. £34 profit.
  • L072
    Options
    I wouldnt be too confident of getting that cashback from Sainsbury's if I were you. Have a look at some of the comments on Topcashback about Sainsbury's insurance. My insurance was taken out almost 3 months ago, but still no sign of getting the money back despite showing as tracked. others have said that its been over 6 months and they still havent got a penny. Surprised that Martin hasnt menioned something about all this bother yet
  • lisa76
    lisa76 Posts: 1,589 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    curriej99 wrote: »
    I had buildings only insurance with Tesco and they recently sent me a renewal quote which was way high (230 odd quid for a 2 bed flat). I screenscraped about and got it down to about 130 with a different company. When i phoned Tesco to tell them i didnt want to renew they asked me how much i'd paid. I said 130 quid and they said 'we'll match it and give you a £20 Tesco voucher'.
    Needless to say i went for it. I suggest others try it. If you can get the best quote and then make £20 on top that's not bad...

I had the same experience with Tesco car insurance last year, I found a cheaper quote after cashback and when I rang to cancel my renewal they asked how much I had been quoted, so I told a little fib and reduced it slightly which they then matched by giving me vouchers - go tesco!!!
  • zorber
    zorber Posts: 1,107 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    L072 wrote: »
    I wouldnt be too confident of getting that cashback from Sainsbury's if I were you. Have a look at some of the comments on Topcashback about Sainsbury's insurance. My insurance was taken out almost 3 months ago, but still no sign of getting the money back despite showing as tracked. others have said that its been over 6 months and they still havent got a penny. Surprised that Martin hasnt menioned something about all this bother yet

My sainsburys one has just paid out, about 7 months after i took it out!!! :eek:
    "Save the cheerleader - Save the world"
  • mintymoneysaver
    Options
    Always shop around, but particularly pleased this year. :jContents renewal £114, went with Kwik fit through Quidco for £63 with £45 cashback so £18 for my contents insurance this year! Stayed with Liverpool Victoria for my house insurance as nothing else came close enough to warrant going for cashback for a new policy.
  • jessiedebbie
    Options
    just had a renewal quote from tesco of £531.00 for contents and buildings cover without accidental damage cover. Went through compare the market and the top cash back, found a quote with AXA for 217.00 with accidental damage. got 32.00 cash back turning the quote into 185.00. Saved about 350.00.
    Not bad for a newbie at this stuff..:rotfl:
  • ianfabris
    ianfabris Posts: 87 Forumite
    Home Insurance Hacker! Cashback Cashier
    Options
    I had a Zurich Buildings & Contents insurance which had no Accidental cover, No legal cover and no garden cover which was costing me £525 a year. I also had a separate boiler breakdown cover which was a further £140. I looked to see if I could get a better deal and Sheila's Wheels gave me all these and more for £196, and then got £45 by going through Quidco ... not a bad days works - thanks Martin
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback