What small DFW things will you do this week? w/c 13/03

When we start out on the DFW trail we do loads of "big stuff" that makes quite a difference to our situation. These include having our lightbulb moment, cutting up the credit cards and cancelling Sky and the gym.

But once we have done the bigger stuff, we often feel that we are not making the same amount of progress, when in fact the small steps are helping us form good financial habits and helping us get closer everyday to staying in control and becoming debt free, or staying debt free.

Examples could be hanging washing out instead of using the tumble dryer or leaving your purse/wallet at home to avoid the risk of spending.

So be proud of those small steps, they really are important :money:
DF as at 30/12/16
Womblng 2020:
NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2

Comments

• Morning! Yay to a day off responsibility free :j have been up a while and have got madam's lunch ready. Planning to go to the allotment when oh & dgd have left :T Woke up this morning and calabrese, purple sprouts and sunflowers have germinated :T and I think I can see 2 broad beans starting :j As you can see I've still got a one track mind! :p

Things for today:

* go to the allotment, dig over 2m x 2m patch, dig up & plant blackcurrant plants given to me yesterday. Was given 8 plants! Think i will only take 4 though...
    * all meals from stores - check meal plan and get out whatever is needed
    * super speedy hour cleaning
    * wash down greenhouse
    * might sow some seeds
    * load of washing & hang out
    * pay cc statement - must do this before leaving
    * have horrific dentist appt this afternoon. Try not to freak out until I'm on my way :o
    * park out of town for free
    * do shopping while in town, take bags & stick to list!
    * investigate black stacking buckets to make my own "can o' worms" wormery :T looking at it even with my limited skills I think I could do it in an hour and less than £20 :T I have £20 that has been sitting in my savings account since my 40th in Nov 2015 for this very thing. I was going to buy one but now have discovered with a little time and effort I can make one :T
    * make a batch of soup, some scones and a cake

Ok that seems more than enough! Happy Monday y'all x
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,439 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 13 March 2017 at 8:42PM
    Morning all :)
    Thanks for starting us off DNMS :)
    Looks as if it will be a nice day today :) I have little GD this morning as her mum has a medical appointment. Some small things:
    No heating on downstairs, even upstairs it is coming on less now, as the thermostat is set quite low - could do with the airing cupboard warming up for a while though, to air through the bedding I washed and line dried yesterday.
    HM meals from stores - I have taken sausages and YS streaky bacon out of the freezer to make a huge sausage casserole which will hopefully do a couple of days :)Done, plenty for tomorrow :)
    2 ebay parcels and a RM surveys item to post Forgot the RM surveys item :( Will have to do tomorrow :o
    Check whether tomato seeds / seedlings need water Done
    Check banks Done
    Check for surveys Done
    More tidying / organising in the house Limited,due to GD.... Changed throw and cushions on sofa, washed throw and dried on line, changed dining room curtains and put the winter ones in to wash (sounds extravagant having winter and summer curtains, but only for this room, one pair a friend made for me years ago for a previous house, and the other came from a CS :)) I do love both pairs though!
    Ought to try to get to my sales unit, but this depends on when DD gets back from her appointment. Done, one item sold and another stolen, by the looks of it :mad: Nothing valuable, but annoying all the same :(
    Went into Iceland, bought 2 x ice cream, bread and some hot cross buns, spent 50p plus 5 x £1 shopping vouchers from RM surveys :)
    Dog walk later OH did this.
    Sold 2 more ebay items, seems to be picking up a bit after a week of almost no sales. Only small bits, but they all add up :D

OK, more coffee needed I think! Hope everyone has a good day :)
  • allydowd
    allydowd Posts: 4,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 13 March 2017 at 9:48AM
    Hi March Money-Savers,

A day off. :) Tired because a colleague called me for work advice in the middle of the night. :( So a modest list today:

Debt Free-Nillionaire Continuity Plan Year Two:

* Check online banking.

* Backed up Finances spreadsheet in cyberspace to protect against loss.

* Cleared emails.

* Going for a free stroll by the local loch later. DW will do some photografaffing.
    Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
  • carrielovesfanta
    carrielovesfanta Posts: 2,978 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 13 March 2017 at 12:16PM
    Morning folks,

Will catch up in a sec.

I decided to have a couple of glasses of wine yesterday. I know for a fact otherwise that I will get overexcited on Friday and drink too much. Esp as my colleagues tend to buy you drinks. Which is clearly MSE to accept :D

No more drinks now until Friday.

Today's mission:
    • B/L/D from stores
    • Back to the gym at lunchtime
    • Charge phone in work
    • Lots of crochet joining
    • Ebay one item
    • Free stretching video
    • No alcohol
    • No heating on
    Will add more as I go

Have a good one all

clf x
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31
    Student loan repaid: 01/07/2019
    SAVINGS: £20,000
    Car final lump sum: £6113/£6113
  • PurpleFairy26
    PurpleFairy26 Posts: 3,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 13 March 2017 at 10:32AM
    Morning all :hello: thanks for starting us off determined your list sounds fab - am a tad jealous I have to work :o

Lovely and sunny here, which is always good for the soul :D One load of washing out, another in and that will go out when its finished. My list for today:

Check banking, update sheet
    Check surveys, FPL and £co
    Order a case for my new phone. Current one is failing, plus I cracked the screen. I've had it 4 years, so I can't complain. Got cheapest deal by a country mile by shopping around. Current provider couldn't match it (despite 3 calls). The change in my tax code next month should more than cover the extra £15
    Do something with DH for an hour - maybe pop to shop and get seed potatoes (oh how we roll :rotfl:)
    Meals from stores
    Use up more tea bags - all my 'normal' ones have now gone, so working my way through the rest
    Cooke bag of butter beans I soaked overnight. Make some beetroot hummus with some (must take beetroot from freezer) and I'll freeze the rest of the beans in portions.

Think that's all for now, will check back later. Purps.
  • Morning all :hello: thanks for starting us off determined your list sounds fab - am a tad jealous I have to work :o

Lovely and sunny here, which is always good for the soul :D One load of washing out, another in and that will go out when its finished. My list for today:

Check banking, update sheet
    Check surveys, FPL and £co
    Order a case for my new phone. Current one is failing, plus I cracked the screen. I've had it 4 years, so I can't complain. Got cheapest deal by a country mile by shopping around. Current provider couldn't match it (despite 3 calls). The change in my tax code next month should more than cover the extra £15
    Do something with DH for an hour - maybe pop to shop and get seed potatoes (oh how we roll :rotfl:)
    Meals from stores
    Use up more tea bags - all my 'normal' ones have now gone, so working my way through the rest
    Cooke bag of butter beans I soaked overnight. Make some beetroot hummus with some (must take beetroot from freezer) and I'll freeze the rest of the beans in portions.

Think that's all for now, will check back later. Purps.

PF - what's your beetroot hummus recipe please?
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31
    Student loan repaid: 01/07/2019
    SAVINGS: £20,000
    Car final lump sum: £6113/£6113
  • ziggy2407
    ziggy2407 Posts: 4,077 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 13 March 2017 at 4:12PM
    Good Morning All

DNMS - Thanks for starting us off today, hope we get to see some pics of your "can o worms"

Hi to all of the regulars and a BIG welcome to all the newbies, this is a really FAB thread with so many lovely, caring, considerate and supportive people.

The sun's shining again here and that definitely lifts the spirits, so little list

Packed lunch for DH & DS - Done
    Check Bank - Done
    Filing & shredding -
    Ironing - Done
    Continue purge on emails -
    Surveys -
    Enter a few comps -
    All meals from cupboards/fridge/freezer -
    Check: Lucky Phone, Ashleigh, Numberplatelotto, FPL -
    Read -

Have a great day all!

C x
    Goodreads 2024 Challenge: 30/80
    Goodreads 2023 Challenge: 77/52

• PurpleFairy26
    PurpleFairy26 Posts: 3,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    CLF

Here:

http://pinchofnom.com/recipes/syn-free-beetroot-mint-hummus-slimming-world/

I haven't made it yet, but it looks lovely. I'll let you know :D
  • ClootiesMum
    ClootiesMum Posts: 1,606 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Thanks for the start DNMS and good luck to everyone with their plans.

With you on the sleep interruptions Ally - managed about 2 x 3 hrs at a time last night - today will be brought to you by matchsticks & coffee :D

Any wee list planned for today:-
    • To apply for a couple of jobs for DH
    • Need to dye hair (dye already in) & de-fuzz legs & facial bits
    • Wee shopping list - once done will not need to go out again this week
    • Need to look again to organize flights & car hire for next week's funeral. There is a flight down & back in the one day from Glasgow but if brother decides at the last minute to have a cup of tea after the crem then we'll miss the flight. But I couldn't not go to see him - decisions to be made.
    • Have set up daily health supplements in daily pill containers (all already in the house & they might help me). Basic ones - cod liver oil, Vit C, sea kelp and the last of 1 a day vit capsules (these will not be replaced)
    • Tidy through & clean house with damp cloths & bleach (don't like Stardrops on the tiles as it seems to make them sticky)
    • Washing needs to be done too
    • Make Fake Tomato soup for tomorrow's lunch

And that will be enough for me

Have a good day y'all - catch up tonight

Debts 07/12/2021
    #280/#310.08/#450/#575.47/#750/#1000/#1200/#1848.83
  • angelpye
    angelpye Posts: 995 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi all,

Today I am not feeling motivated at all! Probably because even though I woke early I laid in bed refusing to admit the day had started and was too late for a shower before school run and my 'routine' is not out of kilter!

Today:
    *Washing mountain - ready to hang out in the sun. Put dry clothes away.
    *All food from home
    *Tidy kitchen re fly lady thread
    *Make a list to organise this weeks work
    *Check YNAB - done and nothing exciting happening although on target
    *Order raspberry canes - everything in virtual basket but finding it hard to pay as the urge to not spend is high, but would be nice for DD so will spend :D
    *Meal plan this week from big month meal plan.

Anyone ever used 'strultch'? It is a mulch that apparently slugs hate. Wondering whether I need any for raspberries as the little blighters are like an army round here and have destroyed everything I have tried to grow previously. I am buying Autmun Bliss which are apparently a little prickly so hoping that would put them off?

Hope you all have a good day and those who need it are able to get a rest or early night later.
    Happiness is wanting what you have...
    Debt Jan 2017: £2589.22 DFD: [STRIKE]Sept 2022[/STRIKE] April 2022 but this Marching Minimalist can beat that!
    Use it or Loose it gym target: Feb'17 5/6 Mar 4/6 :j
    EF £0/£4200
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family