Question about harassment

Options

Comments

• moneyistooshorttomention
    Options
    She's in her 30s! I've heard of young girls being conned into "foreign holidays" - but not mature women.

Throughout - I've been rather surprised she's not been married yet -as that seems rather late to be unmarried for someone from that culture.
  • andrewthomas2008
    andrewthomas2008 Posts: 164 Forumite
    edited 3 November 2018 at 7:03PM
    Options
    What are the laws on sharing information that isn't explicit?
    Girlie Girl
  • suejb2
    suejb2 Posts: 1,918 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Sounds too high maintenance, walk away.
    Life is like a bath, the longer you are in it the more wrinkly you become.
  • elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,742 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    What are the laws on sharing whatsapp messages pictures that you've sent to someone else, are they allowed to share them, if they aren't explicit?

Why should they not? Most social user media users share pictures they've seen in one place to other people/groups unless the privacy settings are set otherwise. I've had photos shared by people I don't know to other people I don't know because I got careless. If you don't want to lose control of an image then just don't put it on social media in the first place.

Stop clutching at straws, it's starting to get a bit silly now.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • andrewthomas2008
    Options
    elsien wrote: »
    Why should they not? Most social user media users share pictures they've seen in one place to other people/groups unless the privacy settings are set otherwise. I've had photos shared by people I don't know to other people I don't know because I got careless. If you don't want to lose control of an image then just don't put it on social media in the first place.

Stop clutching at straws, it's starting to get a bit silly now.

Just trying to cover all bases
    Girlie Girl
  • marliepanda
    marliepanda Posts: 7,186 Forumite
    Options
    Just trying to cover all bases

You already asked that question in this post. I answered as long as it wasn’t ‘revenge !!!!!!’ then yes of course you can!
  • andrewthomas2008
    Options
    You already asked that question in this post. I answered as long as it wasn’t ‘revenge !!!!!!’ then yes of course you can!

Sorry, it's the nerves....
    Girlie Girl
  • andrewthomas2008
    andrewthomas2008 Posts: 164 Forumite
    edited 3 November 2018 at 7:04PM
    Options
    You already asked that question in this post. I answered as long as it wasn!!!8217;t !!!8216;revenge !!!!!!!!!8217; then yes of course you can!

Conacted womens aid.
    Girlie Girl
  • marliepanda
    marliepanda Posts: 7,186 Forumite
    edited 9 May 2018 at 3:26PM
    Options
    My girlfriend contacted women's aid and they said if he shows any images of their relationship or any images that may cause her distress, lile her drinking or without a hijab it may fall under abuse laws, 'threatening and abusive behaviour'.

No she didn't. And no they didn't

This is not abuse, and should never be associated with the very serious issue of abuse.

Her drinking didn't distress her. Her choice not to wear a hijab was not abuse. just because she doesn't want her parents knowing does not make these photos abusive.

There are 2 options here.

1. Its all made up.
    2. both of you need to get a grip (you and your girlfriend) Wasting police time and womens aids time talking about harassment and abuse when basically it boils down to your girlfriend lying to her family and not wanting people to know and expecting the world to fall at her feet and go along with it. Its pathetic.

Its no more 'emotional or psychological' abuse than your girlfriend is abusing her family by lying to them. She knows what she is doing would distress them, but she chooses her sex life and getting drunk over them and does it anyway. So if youre going to get her boyfriend done for abuse then you may as well have her done as well...
  • elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,742 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    My girlfriend contacted women's aid and they said if he shows any images of their relationship or any images that may cause her distress, lile her drinking or without a hijab it may fall under abuse laws, 'threatening and abusive behaviour'.

If you read back over the thread, this point has already been covered on several occasions.
    The operative word is "may." Depending, as already said ad infinitum, on context, circumstances and pattern of behaviour.

I'm out now and won't be commenting further - you can only go in circles for so long before you lose the will to live.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure