Paid off the £31,000! BUT - still scrimping!

Comments

• Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,249 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Sorry to hear about your cousin. I lost one of mine last year and it really gives you a wake up call.

Glad you like the look of the Clinique compact, it lasts ages so worth the money. It's a recent addition to their collection and one I would definitely buy again. I love my beauty products and have tried lots of stuff. Can recommend the beauty boxes as a way of trying before you buy.

Sounds like a good week ahead for you - enjoy :)
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    So sorry to hear about your cousin . I hope you enjoyed your night out last night with your friend . What are you watching at the theatre this time ? It's not Tina Turner time is it already ?

Hope the door fitting goes well , and you get a little sunshine on your days off.
  • brizzlegirl
    brizzlegirl Posts: 1,260 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    That sounds like a great week ;) - really good to hear x
  • System
    Hope the theatre trip was a success , and you had a good time with DSIS .
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,677 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Sun_Addict wrote: »
    Sorry to hear about your cousin. I lost one of mine last year and it really gives you a wake up call.

Glad you like the look of the Clinique compact, it lasts ages so worth the money. It's a recent addition to their collection and one I would definitely buy again. I love my beauty products and have tried lots of stuff. Can recommend the beauty boxes as a way of trying before you buy.

Sounds like a good week ahead for you - enjoy :)

Thanks SA and thanks again for the tip. I tried the anti shine when I was in HoF the other lunchtime and thought it would suit me very well as I have combination skin. I didn't buy it then as I didn't have my vouchers with me but will def get it next week.

So sorry to hear about your cousin . I hope you enjoyed your night out last night with your friend . What are you watching at the theatre this time ? It's not Tina Turner time is it already ?

Hope the door fitting goes well , and you get a little sunshine on your days off.
    That sounds like a great week ;) - really good to hear x

Thanks Cumbria and brizzle.

The show wasn't the Tina Turner - that's later this month. This one was 42nd Street - it was great - the standard of dancing was so good and it was a fantastic spectacle (apart from Lulu who really had a very off night and couldn't hit her notes). Both me and DSis loved it! Has a tasty meal afterwards so all in all a very enjoyable day.

Including the above I've had a very busy week - work has been manic again and I've been rushing to catch up as I've had two days off this week.

Monday evening I was out with my friend in the evening - she very kindly wouldn't let me pay for drinks as she said that was my birthday present. I liked the look of her microbladed eyebrows - they didn't look overdone - I was seriously thinking of it myself as mine seem to be disappearing fast....... Oh stop it Seasidegal!!!!!!:). Any way didn't get in till 11pm which is much too late for me in a work week!

Wednesday was theatre day and yesterday evening I went and voted and then had my nails done - friend popped in afterwards - so another late night.

Today I've been off work as new front door was being fitted - but I already had the funds put away for that - £410. I've got to get it painted now though.

Did some more sorting out of the clothes and also decided to be even more ruthless with the summer shoes. I'd already put one pair of sandals in the dress agency but decided to take another three pairs as I faced up to the fact that they were too high and I wasn't wearing them!

Prolific has been very quiet since my payout - only up to £4.45 at the moment.

This weekend will be meeting up with friends on Bank Holiday Monday - weather is forecast to be hot so looking forward to this and another three days off work!:j
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    HairyHandofDartmoor Posts: 13,960 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    It sounds like you've had a great but busy week SSG :)
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,249 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Glad you've had such a fab week. Hope the Bank Holiday is a good one for you :)
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,677 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    It sounds like you've had a great but busy week SSG :)
    Sun_Addict wrote: »
    Glad you've had such a fab week. Hope the Bank Holiday is a good one for you :)

Thanks to both of you! It's been a great week, but I don't think I could hack the busyness of it all anymore all during work week on a regular basis! I get too tired. I feel asleep on the sofa this afternoon after the carpenter had gone!:eek:
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • System
    Hello SSG hope it's being busy that's kept you away and nothing else.

I agree I can't be busy all week in the evenings anymore it wipes me out. Even being out for the day at weekend , means I need a quiet day the day after.

Enjoy the sunshine today x
  • brizzlegirl
    brizzlegirl Posts: 1,260 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Hope your week has been more sedate ;)

We have sunshine here....rather nice start to the day :), hope its the same for you x
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback