working away from home wots my rights

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    So you work for a company but you have to move around the country every month to a new 'job'? And all the accommodation they supply is a bivvy?

Are you sure you're not just paid cash in hand no questions asked by the borderline criminal boss on some sort of hush hush self employed basis?
  • bugslet
    bugslet Posts: 6,874 Forumite
    Options
    As a bit of an aside, when the road to the side of my house was closed for re-srufacing, two of the guys lived in a caravan outside my house for about a week.

No idea if it belonged to the company or was their own. So it does happen.
  • Samsung_Note2
    Samsung_Note2 Posts: 774 Forumite
    edited 7 December 2017 at 2:21PM
    Options
    sangie595 wrote: »
    Because the posting style suggests you are! If you thought that you needed to explain what a bivvy is, why not simply write tent in the first place? And the appalling English appears contrived. And there's a massive lack of any actual inform; even when asked you don't give anything away. And finally, there's that first sentence. Which almost always appears on "first time posters" posts when they are anything but first time posters. If you are what you claim to be, then help yourself out by being more informative.

Im confused...why bother replying if you feel as stated that the OP is some sort of time waster as you put it.

Then you go onto reply again...sorry but do you work here,are you employed to post replies..only ask as you seem to feel your very important and have the right to complain when standards are not as you expect.

Why bother replying if you dont wish to help..or is it a case your opinion matters so you have to reply.

Oh by the way a Bivvy is not a Tent..a Bivvy is an open fronted shelter used for fishing,like saying an Umbrella is a coat,they do similar jobs (keeping rain off) but are different.
  • nicechap
    nicechap Posts: 2,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Im confused...why bother replying if you feel as stated that the OP is some sort of time waster as you put it. Sangie's post asks op to provide more info and in an earlier post says they give them the benefit of the doubt

Then you go onto reply again so what, that's kind of the point of a forum...sorry but do you work here,are you employed to post replies..only ask as you seem to feel your very important and have the right to complain when standards are not as you expect. how would you know what another poster "feels"?

Why bother replying if you dont wish to help..or is it a case your opinion matters so you have to reply. how has your reply helped in any way?

Oh by the way a Bivvy is not a Tentif you've served in the military you'd know it can be and clearly OP thinks it is.a Bivvy is an open fronted shelter used for fishing,like saying an Umbrella is a coat,they do similar jobs (keeping rain off) but are different.

Reading your signature, I'm wondering why you haven't taken your own advice and ignored someone's post if it upsets you that much. Unless you're a secret stalker?
    Originally Posted by shortcrust
    "Contact the Ministry of Fairness....If sufficient evidence of unfairness is discovered you’ll get an apology, a permanent contract with backdated benefits, a ‘Let’s Make it Fair!’ tshirt and mug, and those guilty of unfairness will be sent on a Fairness Awareness course."
  • Samsung_Note2
    Options
    nicechap wrote: »
    Reading your signature, I'm wondering why you haven't taken your own advice and ignored someone's post if it upsets you that much. Unless you're a secret stalker?

Could ask you the same..you've felt compelled to reply on their behalf so i"ll ask you your own question.
  • nicechap
    nicechap Posts: 2,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Could ask you the same..you've felt compelled to reply on their behalf so i"ll ask you your own question.

Your signature isn't my signature. Your contributions look even sillier now.
    Originally Posted by shortcrust
    "Contact the Ministry of Fairness....If sufficient evidence of unfairness is discovered you’ll get an apology, a permanent contract with backdated benefits, a ‘Let’s Make it Fair!’ tshirt and mug, and those guilty of unfairness will be sent on a Fairness Awareness course."
  • sangie595
    sangie595 Posts: 6,092 Forumite
    Options
    Im confused...why bother replying if you feel as stated that the OP is some sort of time waster as you put it. I didn't say that at all. I explained why it appeared that the poster may be being less than accurate. In answer to their question. I did not use the words time waster at all. Those are your words. And despite explaining why it appeared that this was not a real situation, and MANY questions by people, the OP comes back and answers hardly any of them, and in such an uninformative way that it is impossible to come to any other conclusion.

Then you go onto reply again...sorry but do you work here,are you employed to post replies..only ask as you seem to feel your very important and have the right to complain when standards are not as you expect. Kettle, pot, black - who appointed you the forum police? And the language does appear contrived.

Why bother replying if you dont wish to help..or is it a case your opinion matters so you have to reply.
    Do you think I give a damn about your opinion?

Oh by the way a Bivvy is not a Tent..a Bivvy is an open fronted shelter used for fishing,like saying an Umbrella is a coat,they do similar jobs (keeping rain off) but are different. I suggest you explain that to the OP - it was the OP who said this, not me!

Until the OP decides that they are going to provide some actual information then there is very little that anyone can say. Your helpful contribution appears to be having a go at other posters (as usual) and recommending bacon butties from the caf.

Please feel free to explain to the OP exactly what their employment and tax entitlements are based on the information that they are unhelpfully drip feeding whilst saying almost nothing whatsoever and answering no questions at all. And to stop reading my posts if you so dislike them. Then we will both be happy.
  • getmore4less
    getmore4less Posts: 46,882 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've helped Parliament
    Options
    Mobile jobs where you live on site are not that unusual.

It is looking like there are going to be three main issues

Salary/hours/min wage.

Expenses.

Standard of facilities .

It does appear this employer is not generous with any of them.
  • sangie595
    sangie595 Posts: 6,092 Forumite
    Options
    Mobile jobs where you live on site are not that unusual.

It is looking like there are going to be three main issues

Salary/hours/min wage.

Expenses.

Standard of facilities .

It does appear this employer is not generous with any of them.
    As I said previously, giving the benefit of the doubt, yes, you are correct. Not unusual. In fact there are infinite possibilities as to the work undertaken. Without information it's impossible to second guess entitlement. That said, an employer doesn't have to be generous. If they aren't, then there is only one option - find another employer.
  • getmore4less
    getmore4less Posts: 46,882 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've helped Parliament
    Options
    Min wage may be worth exploring as the op has said they are salaried and have been [STRIKE]asked[/STRIKE] told to do more hours.

The on site hours may also qualify.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport