A few thoughts about this forum

Options
I came here a few months ago in a distraught state, seeking intelligent advice and comfort.

What I got was a 'management is always right'mentality, by a little clique who seem to crouch here, leaping on every thread and taking pleasure in that mindset.

So, a few things. Are there no 'real' board guides here?

Also, in my journey towards having employment law implemented, there are so many grey areas that you won't hear about on this board. There are too many people with too much time on their hands here to tell you off. Ignore them, go elsewhere for advice and if there are any real board guides on this forum, put this post as a sticky at the top.
:idea:

Comments

• jobbingmusician
    Options
    What is a 'real' board guide? I suspect the answer to your question is no, there aren't any. I am called a BG, but if you read my signature you will see that I am a volunteer, and I don't read every post. And if you read my posts you will find it difficult to believe that I, at least, hold a 'mgmt is always right' view. And there are plenty of informed posters here who will help those who ask intelligent questions to challenge poor management and stick up for themselves.

PS I have to confess that mgmt isn't always wrong, either.........
    I was a board guide here for many years, but have now resigned. Amicably, but I think it reflects very poorly on MSE that I have not even received an acknowledgement of my resignation! Poor show, MSE.

This signature was changed on 6.4.22. This is an experiment to see if anyone from MSE picks up on this comment.
  • JamesO
    JamesO Posts: 512 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    That's the problem with an open forum, you might get a there there answer or you might get a suck it up answer.

I know of one poster on this board that will tell you the legally correct position which might fall into either category and if it's the later people do tend to go off in a flounce.

If of course you want the perfectly correct legal position first time, I find employment solicitors are quite useful, though they will expect paying.
  • lili2008
    Options
    And there you have it. QED.
  • xapprenticex
    Options
    Not sure what the problem is, I have no idea who you are but you say the responses were pro-management BUT were the responses wrong?

Not being funny but if you are in a distraught state, seeking intelligent advice, then try family/friends for the former and proper legal advice for the latter, then you truly know where you stand.

Forums are good for some things and not so much for others.

But you are right, this is NOT the place to be if you want answers that suit you.
  • lili2008
    Options
    No. The point I am making is that people come to these forums thinking Martin Lewis, there will be some good advice there. What they actually find is a small clique of people who pounce on every thread, and the legal advice they give is of limited knowledge, management-centred and in many cases, just plain misleading. The way this forum works, nobody should ever challenge anything.
    There are clearly many regular posters on this forum who don't have jobs. The fact is that HR and Employment law moves on, and this forum does nothing but discourage anyone who comes here. Where is the emotional intelligence?
  • leslieknope
    Options
    a lot of the complaints on the forum are about how something is unfair. and people rightly point out how something may be unfair, but it doesn't mean it's illegal. that's the way the world works unfortunately.
    CCCC #33: £42/£240
    DFW: £4355/£4405
  • xapprenticex
    Options
    Bear in mind, Martin is more money saving (to the best of my knowledge), plus he sold this site a while ago though he does write articles i think.

There are lots of different sub forums for different topics, this is by far the harshest sub-forum. All you will get is opinion, it may be right, it may be wrong. There are one or two who are able to give the most accurate info out of us all.

I am a manager but I consider myself to be fair, im not going to sugar coat etc, i dont do it at work, why do it here? I didnt respond to your previous posts (i think) as i dont recall ever seeing your username. Though i am very much against the employee attitude that they are doing the company a favor and are entitled to all sorts of stuff and special treatment.

I also agree that there are people here who should be doing their job search.

Take the forum for what it is, come for opinion, not legal advice. And if you just want to have a pop at people here it wont end well for you because you seem to be emotionally invested in this whereas others will just see this as an opportunity to be an !!!.
  • Twopints
    Twopints Posts: 1,770 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    OK, so you got the answer you didn't want.

What do you want instead? You said you wanted support and comfort - but is that what you asked for, or was everyone supposed to just guess that was what you wanted, rather than an accurate response to what you actually posted?
    Not even wrong
  • kazzah
    kazzah Posts: 460 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    simple answer............don't post here and you won't have to read responses you don't like
    and I don't have any firm views on management :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure