The long haul supporters thread...

Comments

• I have no idea where this decade went really, time is flying by so quickly!
    I'm up and down on the positivity, but I am trying so hard to be positive, otherwise I'll think I'll go mad.
    Currently sitting at my desk not working at all, but looking for jobs instead. Not good!
    I shall look forward to your snow...!
    x
  • lol...in many ways this has been possibly the hardest year ever but in many ways better because of that...Christmas is homemade and I am closer to family and friends than ever which is lovely...silver linngs and all that!
    Hugs for people struggling with this time of year as it can be a depressing and lonely time for many...and thats without the money worries...
    Nerd no 109 Long haulers supporters DFW #1! Even in the darkest moments, love and hope are always possible.

• Right. I've bitten the bullet and paid the CC early. I'm now forced to behave myself as there's no back up. I still feel a bit naughty as there should have been considerably more to put on the card given it's a cheap childcare month. We'll say nothing about that (looking ashamedly at empty Chinese takeaway cartons...).

The trick will now be not to spend early salary as I do every year and leave myself skint in January.

Happy Saturday everyone :j
  • Good luck with jobs rambling. What kind of work do you do?

In Search Of Me - homemade Christmas sounds lovely. It will be really traditional. I haven't had a chance this year, but I'm hoping to really get my old-style together in the new year and I'm certainly going to make things for people for next Christmas. I've had loads of people bringing my empty jars for all the lovely (hopefully :rotfl:) things that I will be concocting.
  • Mumto2Monkeys - I am currently finishing my PhD in microbiology. Its been well funded so my pay has been fairly good, but quarterly which is no fun for budgetting. And my funding finished at the end of March. Scary.

Well done on paying the CC early. We paid the council tax this week, a month early really, but that means no more council tax until April! Already psyching myself up for not justifying sales shopping! Must. Be. Strong!
  • Congratulations on getting near the end of what must have been a long haul! :j Have you had a specific area of interest in your research that will open up opportunities for you?
  • Morning! My research is pretty specific. Unfortunately, to continue doing research I really need to be prepared to move around, and I've come at it after already moving many times, and we now have a mortgage etc. I did it because I Wanted to, not because it was the best career move. Not the best decision! So there now isn't very much around my way in my subject area. So I'm looking to branch out. Beefing up my transferable skills and all. I'm being completely open minded to what might be available, and sending as many speculative CVs as possible...

Twas my last pub shift before christmas last night, yeay! Plus, I get holiday pay next week, which will be a nice payment!

Happy Sunday everyone ;-)
  • Morning all

Its nice to hear how everyone's doing this weekend. I'm in Suffolk and the snow is ridiculous! Beautiful though so you won't hear me moaning. Sadly I went out lastnight and appear to have spent more than i should have, but still got (just) enough left for my christmas do on Weds. I'm not to touch our current a/c so what's in my purse is what I've got.

My LBM was in November, so my spending habits ahve hit me hard this year. I'm looking forward to viewing Jan 1st (as well as our 7th anniversary) as a new beginning with me and my relatinoship with money. No more borrowing EVER! If I can't afford it its tough, I'll have to wait. just looking forward to getting rid of some of the debt and feeling like I'm moving forward.

Oh, and obviously I have my wedding and honeymoon to look forward to. Here's to a great 2010 for everyone!!!!!!!!

T x
    Long Haul Supporter #203
    :beer:
  • Hi all just wanted to pop in and say Hi and Merry Christmas

With the help of this (and other) threads I am finally starting to tackle the debt. I have actually managed to pay off £8k this year - whereas in previous years it has stayed static or gone up. Still a long way to go but here's to a money saving and debt clearing 2010
    Back to comping! July wins: Frylight August wins: Pixar DVD, Diesel Watch,£75 hamper brioche products September wins bath soak

Thanks to everyone who posts comps and help :beer:
  • Hey geranium, what a lovely entry, just wanted to let you know that people that do well insipre me to reach my goals too, so thank you. :A

And Merry Christmas to everyone too.

sally x
    Official DFW Nerd Club No. 1150 - Long Haul Supporters Club No 186 - Debt free 26.5.17
    Proud to have dealt with my debts
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport