Earn at home

Options

Comments

• PinkGladioli
    Options
    What about ironing? Dog walking? Cleaning? Doing shopping for elderly/disabled people? Babysitting?

Very little outlay and you can advertise for free on Facebook.
  • ragdoll24
    Options
    I desperately want to find a work from home job being a single mum with 3 children. Every other job I look for part time is always unsociable hours.

I have a lovely part time job at the moment in a pharmacy which I have been there for 7 months but I have to work 5 days a week 2 til 7 pm so my children aged 15, 12 and 10 are on their own from 3.30 to 7pm and are getting very stressed by it all and so am I. My boss at the pharmacy asked me to do 2-7 just until his other staff member returned from maternity leave and then said he would sort out hours between us so I dont have to work til 7pm every night. However she came back for a meeting about starting back from maternity leave in January and has stated she is reducing her hours from 25 to 16 and only doing 3 days a week 10-3.20 so now that means I have to continue working to 7pm everynight and I just cant do it anymore as my children are too stressed not having a mum around when they finish work. I have tried to negotiate hours with my boss but he said his busyist hours are from 3 to 7 (yes I agree 3 til around 4.30/5 but 6/7 is quite quiet) he just wont negotiate with me, I have also suggested I cut my hours from 25 to 16 a week then with me and the other girl cutting hours gives him some hours to employ a 3rd part time member of staff who could do all the later hours in the shop.
    But he is being really awkward with me now and quite nasty that I am getting very very distressed and I now need to leave hence looking for something I can do from home.

Any ideas anyone???
  • droopsnoot
    droopsnoot Posts: 1,758 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hard to offer any advice without knowing what skills you have and what kind of stuff you'd be interested in doing. For example if you have skills in book-keeping and accounting, that might be a service you could offer to sole traders in the area.
  • Kayalana99
    Kayalana99 Posts: 3,626 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    There are geunine jobs, but I do find most the people that do this tend to have worked somewhere and then been offered to work at home rather then finding a work from home job to start with.

Have you thought about just finding a new job with new hours? Lots of places only open 9-5pm. Get google maps out, start looking nearest to home and expand with companies that have socialable hours. Search their websites, take CV's in and just get yourself out their.

Most part time jobs are unsoicable, but their are still plenty that aren't to.
    People don't know what they want until you show them.
  • DomRavioli
    DomRavioli Posts: 3,136 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    The three big ones are Appen Butler Hill, Leapforce and Lionbridge. You can only apply to one, I have experience with all three and prefer the first and second ones. There is also Arise (telesales from home) and Sensee (sales and service but mainly sales from home), but the children are not to be in the home when you are on shift. If they can hear children at all in the background you will get sacked.

Also check out The Money Shed (google it) - they have a work from home toolkit that you can check out, and decide if that is any use to you, as well as other opportunities on there.
  • Robinette
    Options
    There are genuine writing and copy editing jobs from home; I do the latter.

I also used to work for a text question service (63336).
  • Catwoman1975
    Options
    I have worked from home for Appen, Lionbridge and Leapforce mainly doing web search evaluation and also ERS making NHS appointment reminder calls from home. The Money Shed is a also very good website with lots of info.
  • redned_2
    redned_2 Posts: 156 Forumite
    Options
    Otherwise could you try for a term time job at a school - look on the eteach website.
  • Claireyg30
    Options
    Hi all.
    Ive recently just had a back op for a prolapsed disc.
    So i am unable to work. But i am so bored and need something to keep me occupied and earn money while doing it.
    Is there any such thing as actual legit work from home jobs out there. Were you can actually earn money and more than 10p per survey as they can be very boring.
    Thanks in advance
  • gill37
    gill37 Posts: 115 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Do ironing from home - but only if you like ironing :)

It takes 2 hours to iron a blue Ikea bag of clothes (approx) and you should charge £30 per bag.

I usually make 120.00 a week from only 4 customers.
    :j
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure