Santas challenge 2017

Comments

• chanie
    chanie Posts: 3,317 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I picked up a few items today as I popped into Tesco on my way home from work:

A light saber for DS, which was reduced from £8.50 to £4.30 - only because he was obsessed with his cousins one and they ended up fighting over it. I suspect he won't be interested in it by Xmas, but a new Star Wars film comes out in December, so he may appreciate it.

Some superhero jogging bottoms for OH, which will go in his stocking.

I aim to buy two Xmas presents in September. I should be able to get a bargain as the gifts are for young children.
  • chanie
    I picked up some bargain stocking filler at work today, so quite a bit of progress made over the last few days.
  • mum2one
    mum2one Posts: 16,279 Forumite
    Xmas Saver!
    Hope everyone ok, sorry not been around much been in Devon for 3 weeks home 2mor, been picking internet up as and when...

But disappointed with clintons sale really poor compared to last thou the car and miss hoodie would thrown the party as I only brought a cool bag...

Big plan is sort the Xmas prezzie a out sept and wrap early Nov as well as Prague b4 Xmas now coming to Devon for new yr.... xx
    xx rip dad... we had our ups and downs but we’re always be family xx
  • Anglea
    Anglea Posts: 7,204 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    I don't know how I've missed all the latest posts on here so want to catch up later this evening, I'd been wondering how everyone had been getting on.
  • I've joined a few bargain spotting and Christmas planning groups on Facebook. So very in the festive spirit and well into the present shopping. Only a few to get that are specific and also have a good few general presents stocked up in the cupboards. Going to be that time of year when things start appearing in shops for Christmas. I've seen a few shelves cleared in B&M and also asda. So thinking they're getting ready for the new stock. I'm sure some people will complain is too early. I'll be standing drooling over it as they do ;)
    Book a week challenge: 11/52. Competitions won in 2021: 12
  • Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,536 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Just a brief visit from me- off to Ireland on Tuesday and only just back (earlier this week) from cruise to Greenland.
    We had some lovely weather (not all the time!) and the scenery was stunning with snow topped mountains, glaciers and icebergs, huskies, Inuits and yet more icebergs!! And dancing every night-ballroom & sequence. Despite that I have,of course come home somewhat heavier! Ouch... back to the green juice diet (Sirt)

On the outward voyage we spent a day in Reykjavik-a stunning summer day and I did the 'Golden Circle' tour- tectonic plate fault line, geysers & Gulfoss waterfall- worth every penny.

Quiz question for you: What did I use my credit card for in Iceland?

You get until Monday to answer!! I will say it is ,IMHO, unusual!!

Today just got a big bag of material offcuts some of which are of the bone patterned material. So, I hope to make a load of small bags to sell for 'Dogs for Good' when I am away. I already have a lot of bargain fillers including lovely Christmas dog design socks, ball thingies and dishes / dog shampoo. I have been promised some sample bags of dog food today.

Hope everyone is as fit as possible and well
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything!
    If you found my posting helpful please hit the "Thanks" button!
    Many thanks
    -Stash busting: 337 in 2022
    Stash busting: in 2023. 120 doggy duvets, 24 shopping bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lavender bags,36 crochet angels,9 woven bones, 1 crochet knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramid pouches = total 420...£119.50 spent- £114.50 earned= total spend £5. Total earned for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets, 24 pyramid pouches, 6 hot water bottle covers, 4 knitted beanies, 1 crochet angel= 58 £61 spent!!! already
  • Cruise sounds amazing. We haven't taken one to that area yet. Husband wants to but I was never sure.
    We leave for our cruise on Sunday. Zoe just turned one, its her first holiday and going to be a very different cruise for us now.
    Book a week challenge: 11/52. Competitions won in 2021: 12
  • chanie
    Katiehound wrote: »

Scraping reindeer poop from your snow boots????

I've just bought another present today. It wasn't a great bargain, but I got a couple of £££s off, but my main motivation was to be able to cross another name off my list.

Looking back Over my last few posts, I've managed to do quite a bit, but I probably won't do much for the rest of the month.
  • Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,536 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    chanie wrote: »
    Scraping reindeer poop from your snow boots????

I like it! Sorry, no.
    actually it was summer (for about 6-8 weeks) so no snow on the ground where we were- and didn't see any reindeer either!.
    Money was involved....I used it for spending.....
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything!
    If you found my posting helpful please hit the "Thanks" button!
    Many thanks
    -Stash busting: 337 in 2022
    Stash busting: in 2023. 120 doggy duvets, 24 shopping bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lavender bags,36 crochet angels,9 woven bones, 1 crochet knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramid pouches = total 420...£119.50 spent- £114.50 earned= total spend £5. Total earned for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets, 24 pyramid pouches, 6 hot water bottle covers, 4 knitted beanies, 1 crochet angel= 58 £61 spent!!! already
  • Anglea
    Anglea Posts: 7,204 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Katiehound wrote: »

Hi everyone

I've finally caught up and having been texting various things as I'm scrolling through that jogged my memory to my friend that helps at my house with Christmas.

Katie hound - are the mystery items your boiled sweets and chocolate you mentioned on an much earlier post? It's good you've been able to get back to your usual routines.

Chanie - that's a good idea for the new baby with the hamper and you're doing really well with progress

Crazy cat lady - where are you going on you upcoming cruise? My mother still reminds me of the time we took a boat to Spain from England and both of us (I was 2 years old) were sick the whole time as it was very bad weather.

That was an interesting story about the carpet. It's always feels strange when we make a discovery long after something has happened.

sammy_kaye18 - I enjoyed reading your responses to the Challenge and they've also reminded me of things I need to get on with. Usually I also have to hide non perishable Christmas food in the box with cards or gifts.

My main aim in the next month or so is have trial runs at hand made presents ideas I've come up with for a couple of friends. I noticed my post back in June where I was making a birthday gift literally the day before I had to send (window hanging) so want to avoid that for Christmas.

Mum2one - ok so Miss Hoodie has had interest, did you meet anyone nice? Can't seem to turn the bold off lol

Re your question - something about us all that no-one knows about.

Many years ago I created a scene in the Savoy Hotel, London as I accused them of stealing my coat. It was one evening in December during a time when I was a frequent visitor, often having lunch in a private dining room or staying overnight. On that particular fateful evening I had a bit too much to drink and went to the wrong cloakroom, couldn't find my coat and became argumentative to say the least lol
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure