BT Broadband, Phone and TV cashback deal

Comments

• GTG
    GTG Posts: 458 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 26 July 2015 at 12:26PM
    JJ_Egan wrote: »

Thanks mate, I clicked on the complaint form and there is a statement from B T about all the ofcom complaints and how they've resolved the issue by allowing customers to downgrade to Sports Lite without having to extend their broad band contract. What a big favour. NOT!

I got onto the blower and the rep said it must have been a glitch, in the system. Told him that it was nothing to do with a "system" as I had been denied the down grade with out re-contracting in a previous call to CS.

Anyway, he downgraded my account and re-assured me that I had not re-contracted my broad band or telephone line rental. He did say that my down grade was subject to terms and conditions and included price increases. So they will probably be able to sting me elsewhere. One thing is for certain, this is my last time with BT for anything.... buyer beware very much so here!

I should really have gone for a refund of some type as I am still short of the UEFA games which I originally contracted for. However, I suspect that they will give me "the sports pack was free with broadband" line. Vote with your feet folks.
  • GTG wrote: »
    Pipe, the thread takes a bit of finding so I've posted it below mate

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5259344

Thanks for this.
    I've just looked back at their website to see, if I was to buy again, what the deal is. It does say that BT sport is free, for all the BT sport channels.

http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/products/add-bt-sport-pack.html

So are we saying that they 'sell' it for £0 and then email you weeks later and say it's a fiver a month?
  • GTG
    edited 25 July 2015 at 3:13PM
    Thanks for this.
    I've just looked back at their website to see, if I was to buy again, what the deal is. It does say that BT sport is free, for all the BT sport channels.

http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/products/add-bt-sport-pack.html

So are we saying that they 'sell' it for £0 and then email you weeks later and say it's a fiver a month?

They obviously can't be relied upon.... if you do anything with them in future print off contracts and keep notes of time date and reps name on telephone calls, they are recorded. Having said that, they might have a glitch in their recording equipment (cough cough)

Get on the blower and tell them you want to switch to Sports Lite and confirm with them that it will not re-contract. Tell them you want no change in terms and conditions.
    Good luck.
  • Ok, so details of my contract are below, copy/paste from confirmation email. It also states in the email "About your BT Sport discount
    You'll carry on getting a discount on your BT Sport Pack as long as you've got BT Broadband."

I still have BT broadband, so I'm still entitled to my £13.50 discount - their words, not mine.
    This brings me to another point, why is the discount £13.50 if the sport is £5 and the BT TV starter and the BT sport HD pack in separate from this? How do they get to £13.50?

Line Rental Saver £169.90

BT Infinity activation charge £30.00
    BT Infinity activation charge

Delivery Charge £6.95

BT TV Activation charge £19.00

Your one-off total £225.85

Your monthly charges

Line Rental £16.99

Line Rental Saver £-16.99
    Reduced line rental with Line Rental Saver

Starter £4.00

Starter - discount for 12 months £-4.00

Broadband and Calls £23.00
    Yet to discover BT TV? See bt.com/bttv for a great TV service

Special offer discount £-10.50
    Your special offer discount lasts for 12 months

BT Sport Pack £13.50
    Get the best BT Sport deal with BT Broadband - https://www.bt.com/packages

BT Sport Pack Discount £-13.50
    For BT Broadband customers

BT Sport HD Pack £3.00

BT Sport HD Pack Discount £-3.00
    Three months free BT Sport HD Pack

Your monthly total £12.50
  • Complaint escalated. BT staff are embarassed by it all. Even admitted it was 'disgraceful'. Offered to renew my contract for 12 months - same deal as currently on their website!
  • GTG
    Complaint escalated. BT staff are embarassed by it all. Even admitted it was 'disgraceful'. Offered to renew my contract for 12 months - same deal as currently on their website!
    I thought you did not want to re-contract!?
  • GTG wrote: »
    I thought you did not want to re-contract!?

correct - they did offer to recontract, I should have said I refused to do as much only being 2 months into the 12 months.
  • I signed up for BT Broadband via MSE with the deal that ended on 6th August. This included £75 Sainsbury's voucher and £35 cashback, both of which have to be claimed once BT broadband has been delivered. I've applied for the Sainsbury's voucher but I can't find how to apply for the cashback. I missed the advice to bookmark the link. :(
    Can anyone help me by providing the link?

Thanks.
  • We signed up for this BT broadband/ tv package ...for a communications company they are DISGRACEFUL. We signed up in October, appointment made for engineer - 9th November. Cancelled by BT ..Rearranged for 16th November. Engineer arrived at about 2.30 ....by 5 pm he had not connected the broadband. Told us that he had arranged for an engineer to come back the following day. In the meantime I received a text from BT with a " Job Done " message ....engineer did not turn up the next day, despite me having to wait in all day and miss work . I called BT - nothing and been arranged, so obviously engineer had enough, wanted to go home, couldn't be bothered to finish the job and so lied to us. Spoke to BT ...next appointment ???? ... 2nd DECEMBER !!! Seriously ...apparently I am on priority list....yeah right ...complained about the engineer ...complained about BT being a communications and broadband supplier ...they just do NOT care one bit
    I am furious. Wish I could get my money back and go elsewhere. Totally USELESS
  • Totally agree! Signed up with BT in October have had a total of 7 days of delivery after which I was disconnected. BT still unable to resolve and get me back online! They are an administrative joke and there engineers have no concept of customer service especially around response times.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure