Balancing not just the budget

Comments

• MuffinTops
    MuffinTops Posts: 2,477 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Yay to good haircuts and social events! Hopefully the haircut will give you enough of a confidence boost that you'll have a great time and be the belle of the ball. I'm also really awkward with the chat when getting my hair done.

Getting 2 out of 3 jobs sorted is great. You can do the studying another time, when you can really sit and concentrate. We all know you have the commitment, so no concern here. I also need to think about the studying I'm now going to do. I think it's time to get that started as it'll fit very well with my parallel plans!

I hope all goes well on your travels.

MTx
  • Well done on the dresses ...mine is lovely so I'm happy with that :)

Hope you had a bath ...:rotfl:

Reading that back not meant in the way that sounds :D
    Grocery challenge Feb £107/£100-epic fail due to cake and biscuits
    🌟
  • Sadly there was no bath at the accommodation but please rest assured I have showered :rotfl:

The social stuff wasn't terribly exciting and I excused myself to go to bed at a reasonable time both nights. Bit fed up at losing three evenings this week but will get some time in lieu back.

Only spending has been petrol and a W/rose stock up tonight, so hopefully all still OK. I will review it all at the weekend... but it's only a week til payday anyhow.

Off to catch up on everybody else's diaries now :)

Rosa xx
    Debt free May 2016... DFW#2 in progress
    Campervan paid off summer '21... MFW progress tbc
  • Rubbish to not have a bath there ...:( I 'm booking my own hotel next week so fingers and toes crossed for a bath ...lol

Shame there was no one eye watering gorgeous there to keep your attention ... please to hear you got some rest while away though ....:T

Don't stress too much you always really do seem to get back on track so quickly I'm sure you will be fine. :D

Yay for Friday and yes one more week it's payday ...Last night ( I think ) it was like 99 days til xmas ...:eek::eek: and my pot is still empty ..:)

How's the vision board doing?
    🌟
  • YNAB catch-up done, all still OK - nearly at payday :) . This paycheque should be accurate so I will know how much is coming in every month, and I think it will be time for a new YNAB budget (the old one has been running for ages so there's a lot of transactions to scroll through when I'm looking for anything).

Good point about the vision board Sam... I think it may be time to revisit things there too.

Rosa xx
    Debt free May 2016... DFW#2 in progress
    Campervan paid off summer '21... MFW progress tbc
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    YNAB catch-up done, all still OK - nearly at payday :) . This paycheque should be accurate so I will know how much is coming in every month, and I think it will be time for a new YNAB budget (the old one has been running for ages so there's a lot of transactions to scroll through when I'm looking for anything).

Good point about the vision board Sam... I think it may be time to revisit things there too.

Rosa xx

Evening Rosa. Well done on updating YNAB. Roll on pay day, this seems to always be an expensive month - flipping bills expected and unexpected coming out of our ears this month, feel like I'm hemmoraging money ATM. Only three pay days until Xmas too :eek: (I don't count dec as an Xmas pay month, we don't get paid early except by a couple of days, which is fine by me but I do not do Xmas shopping on Xmas eve - except YS bargains of course ;) )
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• Evening Treacle ;):p

How's the nicest person I know getting on?:D

p.s I have a bath on Friday ..:rotfl::T
    🌟
  • p.p.s what I mean is in the hotel not that I have a bath on Fridays ...Ok , Ok I give up .....sorry am honestly not a weirdo ...!!

Promise xx
    🌟
  • th?&id=OIP.Ma96d5ecd07f51117f2d57f477c1aec9co1&w=300&h=300&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0

I swear this not me bathing in chocolate ...lol one for the vision board maybe lol
    🌟
  • MuffinTops
    MuffinTops Posts: 2,477 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Rosa, your post has really boosted me as I've gone into a financial slump and needed your inspiration to help pull me back up and face the music!

I think hotel rooms without a bath should have a 50% discount! Although filling it with chocolate and immersing your whole body may be a tad extreme! :D

Hopefully this will be you soon:6c8b22d3396144000369abdca7d87b96.jpg

MTxx
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport