£1 a day for Christmas 2024 £100.60 / £366 ~
    Got married 24/05/19 ~ Credit Card
    DFW Nerd #1155 ~
    LBM 25/2/09 ~ Debt at highest £8,037.35 ~ £0
  • kdalwayskint
    kdalwayskint Posts: 789 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 18 April 2018 at 2:53PM
    My dress came on Monday, it's gorgeous but I can't get it zipped up! Good job we started our healthy eating plan at the weekend :rotfl: I'm going to try it on again in about 4 months and see what it looks like, that will be approximately a year to go then.

We have decided on a rustic theme with hessian, white and blue.

I quite fancy wearing blue shoes, my dress is longer than I expected but you will be able to see my ankles and feet, but I haven't seen any that I fancy though.

We didn't go to the venue last night the lady had to cancel as they were short staffed, rebooked for Friday, I've given her a short list of possible dates so she is going to look to see what's available. Then we will be able to make the call to the Registry Office and be official :)

We've bought artificial flowers and had a play with them, they don't look too bad, not sure I was going to get much choice in the matter to be fair, and I'm considering using artificial in a bouquet for me. I also potted some seeds at the weekend, different combinations of gypsophila, cornflower and sweet pea to see what happens.

Hope everyone else is getting on well with their planning.
    new challenge?
    DFW Nerd #1155 ~
  • elleJay42 wrote: »

invites - designed and ready to print
    save the dates - designed and ready to print

I'm really considering making my wedding dress, my mum sent down her dressmaking mannequin at the weekend so I think I'm going to have a play around tomorrow

we also have our colour scheme - mint and copper with hints of peach and blush

Hi ElleJay

What company have you used for designing? We've been looking but we haven't seen any that we like.

I thought about making my dress, as I like to dabble in that sort of thing but decided to get the one I saw, fingers crossed I can get it zipped all the way in a few months!

I like the sound of your colour scheme, I've seen some pictures on p interest. H2B chose our colour scheme and theme. I just showed him lots of pictures of things I liked and that's what he went for :)
    new challenge?
    DFW Nerd #1155 ~
  • elleJay42
    elleJay42 Posts: 165 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    kdalwayskint, I've been super cheap and made the save the dates on Word, 4 to a page on A4 makes them A6 which we thought was a fine size for those, you can download free fonts if the standard ones on Word aren't nice enough.

I found free printable invite designs on Pinterest that you can download and customise, you get a free 7 day trial on PicMonkey that lets you customise so I'm just waiting until we confirm the timings on the day and I'll get those made up.

I've made the outside parts of the invites, brown card with a pocket on the right hand side for the RSVP and info cards by buying 12x12" brown card from ebay and found a guide on how to make them on Pinterest.

I'll be making about 70 of each, the save the dates will cost me £6 and the actual invites about £30 I think, although that doesn't include the ink for the printer, that might up the cost a bit

Pinterest is your friend!!
    Total debt at LBM = £4861.03

DFBXmas2018 #91 - £3342 / £3500 (95.4%)

HTB ISA - £0 withdrawn for house purchase! :D
    Wedding Fund £2550 / £5000
  • Katapolt
    Katapolt Posts: 291 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    I quite fancy wearing blue shoes, my dress is longer than I expected but you will be able to see my ankles and feet, but I haven't seen any that I fancy though.

I know it entirety depends on what sort of style you want, but my friend found theres a range of bridal shoes at John Lewis that you can have dyed, and you can either pick from one of their colours or you can bring your own swatch in and theyll use that. she went for emerald and they look gorgeous!
  • Hey everyone. We got no date so we could be getting married in 2019 or 2020 but I'm hoping it's 2019.

We decided to get married in a registry office & to have a meal with the attendees and pay for a reception somewhere else instead.
    Wedding Fund: £1107.23 / £2,500 Xmas'18: £100.00 / £300.00 Emergency Fund: £100.00 / £1,000H2B ISA: £30.50
  • Financialwizard
    Financialwizard Posts: 70 Forumite
    edited 23 April 2018 at 12:04PM
    Can I join? Getting married in October 2019. Been together for a year this time, but was together for 3 years 24 years ago before life took us in other directions. We are the loves of each others lives.

This is my 3rd marriage and his first (early 40's).

Costing us around the £1500 mark because we are having a Registry Office do with 9 attendee's, Dinner (my Dad has offered to pay because he thinks we should have married 24 years ago). I have bought a wedding dress (first one I have ever worn) and I have spent on transport. My bil2b is taking the pics, and I have ordered a cake.

Viewing a place for reception tonight, but it is very difficult to find a venue for a Monday evening private dinner for 9 in the area! Nightmare!

As an aside I ordered my invites from Vista Print. Very reasonable.
    Mtg Balance £147,000 : Savings £7,000 / £10,000

Getting married in October 2018 :beer:
  • Everyone's welcome Financialwizard :)

Invitations - I've been having a play with Optimal Print and 123print. I will have another look at Vista Print, I used to order lots of bits from them.

Divorce update - delayed at present due to one party not sending their proof of name change with the form! Fingers crossed it is sorted fairly quickly.

Venue - still not been for another visit as I am suffering really badly with sciatica at the moment, I've had to take time off work.

Shoes - I've seen a pair of Jo Brown shoes that I like, they are pink and blue with a pink corsage on them maybe I'll have to pop some pink into the scheme! Failing that, I have found a couple of pairs of white shoes that will be fine, I will have a look at John Lewis though, thanks Katapolt.

Flowers - we're having artificial for table decorations and if I can find some that I'm happy with I'll consider them for my bouquet. Have any of you seen anywhere to buy artificial blue Ranunculus? I have potted some seeds to see how quickly they grow and what the results are like. I've just got a couple of shoots coming through :)

Oh and I forgot to mention that we went to a little wedding fair the other week, there was a jeweller there and I was able to try some rings on, so I now have an idea on what I'd really like to have, initially I would have been happy with a plain white gold band, but H2B wants me to have something a bit different and special. The only thing is, it bumps up the ring budget quite a bit. He has said that he would be happy for me to just have a ring but I'm not sure I like that idea, what's other brides opinions on that?

Depending on how we get on with the venue and the costs there, that will decide on a couple of other factors, including whether or not we get married at the venue or registery office.

Nothing extra to add to the WF this month :( next lot of dosh in that pot will be on 1st May :)

I think we're coming along nicely as we still have not set the date, due to divorce and venue.
    new challenge?
    DFW Nerd #1155 ~
  • I haven't planned much as you all know we are saving for the wedding first.
    But I've chosen my entrance song & also purchased my wedding dress for £40.00

kdalwayskint, I hope everything speeds up for you & hope you get better soon to view you venue.
    I'm also thinking about getting a few artificial flowers as I'm not into flowers or anything like.

FINANCIALWIZARD,
    Love how much you've planned!
    Great work :)
    Wedding Fund: £1107.23 / £2,500 Xmas'18: £100.00 / £300.00 Emergency Fund: £100.00 / £1,000H2B ISA: £30.50
  • Thanks for the welcome kdalwayskint.

Went to the reception venue last night. Will do everything we want for less than £600 so I am well within the budget that my Dad gave me.

Don't really have much to do now, apart from Mr FW's suit and give notice, which we can't book until the end of the year.

I am now getting excited because the venue is really nice, and it has ample opportunity for nice pics even if the weather sucks.

CHARLEY

I am a nightmare. To give you an idea.

I have 2 wedding dresses - I bought one off of for £35 but it has marks on and it doesn't look great on me so I am going to have to give that to charity I think.

The other I bought from a lady that sells ex samples. It is a beautiful dress but needs a nip in by the boobs and a small panel in behind the lacing on the back of the corset. The second dress was £430 but it would normally be £1300 so I can't complain.

Belt off eBay for £6.62
    Veil off eBay for £9.97 including comb
    Shoes off eBay for £84.99 - Expensive but normally £119.99

Ceremony is a Monday afternoon (3pm) - £223
    Notice - £70
    Transport is VW Camper (£350) - Our one extravagance
    Flowers - £45
    Reception Venue - Dad paying
    Cake £65
    Taxi home - £10
    Rings - Not having

If I am honest I think Mr FW will wear one of the suits he has already. He has no need to wear one for work so they have been worn for funerals and weddings only - in fact I think only twice ... ha ha ha

Only thing left to do is book notice and sort the menu 3 weeks before.
    Mtg Balance £147,000 : Savings £7,000 / £10,000

Getting married in October 2018 :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family