Poundland Bargain Thread -

Options

Comments

• Doc_N
    Doc_N Posts: 8,270 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    VfM4meplse wrote: »
    They are and will continue to be, as long as men don't bother to aim.

Even with 100% accurate aim it's not always possible to avoid friendly fire.

The answer, surely, is to avoid carpets in WCs - horrible idea!
  • LouLou
    LouLou Posts: 2,135 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 26 April 2017 at 10:18PM
    Options
    Mentioned this on Hotukdeals yesterday http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/ginsters-original-cornish-pasty-227g-half-price-was-1-50-now-75p-tesco-2668208?p=30688912 but may interest those who like Ginsters products.

A few of my local Poundlands regularly sell twin packs of their Steak Bakes and Cornish Pasties.

Naively I assumed they were regular size, but they're not, more like 60% compared to the full size - took a picture of the Poundland twin pack and a single pack (currently on Half Price offer for 75p in Tesco) together.

The Poundland Pasties are 324kcal versus the Tesco Pasty's 566kcal.
    e8fw2wn.jpg?1
    I know the phenomenon of Poundland selling undersized packs compared to their competitors isn't exactly news, so maybe only me that's just noticed this particular one! :A

To be fair, the Poundland twin packs are still decent value.
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Doc_N wrote: »
    Even with 100% accurate aim it's not always possible to avoid friendly fire.

The answer, surely, is to avoid carpets in WCs - horrible idea!
    I'd rather be able to wash a pedestal rug regularly than slip on an unexpected puddle :o
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • This_Year
    This_Year Posts: 1,344 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    LouLou wrote: »
    Are pedestal mats still a "thing"?

Ooh I'll have a look in our local poundland. I've been looking for a bog standard* one for our downstairs loo and don't want to pay the earth for one. Might even splash out and get 2 at that price! :D

*did you see what I did there? :p
  • anamenottaken
    anamenottaken Posts: 4,198 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Naively I assumed they were regular size, but they're not, more like 60% compared to the full size - took a picture of the Poundland twin pack and a single pack (currently on Half Price offer for 75p in Tesco) together.

Yes, about 57% according to weight but I would expect a higher proportion of the smaller ones to be pastry rather than filling.
  • LouLou
    Options
    Just spotted this on HUKD (kudos to Caroline_1993), will try to see if I can hunt it down later today.

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/700g-family-circle-tub-2-poundland-2678236

700g Family Circle Tub for £2
    rH9GLcn.jpg?1
  • skintmumof3
    skintmumof3 Posts: 803 Forumite
    Options
    As above...looks fab on my fence..but they were going very quickly...
    Approx 20cm diameter.
    Total bargain for a quid.
    http://www.poundland.co.uk/charlie-dimmock-terracotta-clock
    HTH
  • yorkie_cook
    yorkie_cook Posts: 105 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    As above...looks fab on my fence..but they were going very quickly...
    Approx 20cm diameter.
    Total bargain for a quid.
    http://www.poundland.co.uk/charlie-dimmock-terracotta-clock
    HTH

saw these in my local store & most of them had damaged or missing hands, & they were all still in polystrene packaging on the shelf which put me off
  • LouLou
    edited 4 May 2017 at 8:56PM
    Options
    I saw the terracotta garden clocks in Argyle Street, Glasgow the other day too (might take a trip again later). Quite a few had the hands bent (doubt they were manufactured that way) - either Poundland shoppers are heavy-handed or they're not that well made. Suppose for £1 it's not going to be top-notch.

This Poundland also had something I scoured the city centre high and low for a few years ago - ceramic butter dishes (only in white!). Ceramic may chip, though. Well worth it for £1, if they last. I ended up buying a plastic one from a cheap hardware store at the time, but it was pretty ugly.

I now have one of these fancier-looking glass dishes, bought for around £10 - not in Poundland though (think it's a Polish manufacturer, easily sourced on ebay), clumsy me hasn't broken it yet!
    affek-design-maseliczka-szklana-cieta.jpg
  • littlereddevil
    littlereddevil Posts: 4,752 Forumite
    Options
    I made a special trip in to see if they had any Nails Inc but no, only Barry M.
    travelover
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure