The cutting out/cutting down alcohol thread (part 7)

Comments

• jo1972
    jo1972 Posts: 8,901 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Sorry to hear about car Jo but I understand less about cars than I do about women :o

Oooh that really is bad YM!

I feel so lost cos I have no idea how to get the thing going with minimum cost. I have sought out a handful of potential silver Astras that could be mine, if only I could get this thing working.

Knowing my luck, it's got a fatal problem and I won't be able to part exchange at all without paying out a couple of grand which means I'll have to keep the thing *rolleyes*

HELP!!!!

Do we have a car problem forum on here?
    DFW Nerd no. 496 - Proud to be dealing with my debts!!
  • Lurkio
    Lurkio Posts: 3,155 Forumite

:DNeigh, neigh, and thrice neigh :D
  • Marru
    Marru Posts: 4,126 Forumite
    Hello!!!

Lurks
    - thank you for new shiny thread! :j

Jo - sorry about the car :(

Have a good Saturday everyone - I need to go to feed the troops but will catch up later.

Byeee....
    "Everything will be alright in the end. If it's not alright, it's not the end."

• SimIsOnTheUp
    SimIsOnTheUp Posts: 1,370 Forumite
    edited 24 April 2010 at 12:49PM
    Hiya guys,

Hope you are all well.

I feel terrible.

In bed, after drinking all day and night yesterday, going around the pubs on my own.

This is embarrassing to admit -

I feel so lonely.

I have no friends.

My one remaining mate, P, is also an alcoholic, and he seems to want me to continue drinking. No surprise there..

Yesterday, I finished things with M, my girlfriend. It was awful.

I wasn't / am not in love with her, and it wasn't fair to either of us.

M and I, walked into town together, as I'd promised to repay her the £40 I'd wasted on booze, on Wednesday. We got to the cashpoint, and I paid her back.

I still haven't posted that jacket (which I sold to a guy in Canada, 9 days ago on Ebay).. and I'm worried he'll have a change of heart / leave negative feedback /it's obviously not right - I need to get it posted, but it'll have to be Monday, as I can barely walk.

It's also gonna be either £25 / 40 depending on the weight, to post by Airsure, and I can't afford it now cos of drinking again yesterday.

More than this, I'm worried M is gonna do something daft.

She was hysterical yesterday, and said "You make me want to kill myself" :-/

Didn't know what to say.

I had a weird fit type thing in the night. Had it before when I've been drinking, and it's got worse. Keep having that strange, out of body sensation too.

My life is empty and pointless guys.

Like I said before, I have no friends now, due to drinking mostly alone, these past 10 years.

In 2000, my then Girlfriend of 5 years, K, walked out on me.

I deserved it.

I cheated on her, when drunk, several times, and then once, when hammered, I pushed her very hard.

Keep dreaming about this still, and wish I could make itu
    up to her, and say sorry.
    K was - is - an Angel. She's smart, funny, beautiful, kind, caring, so loving, and she never deserved what I did to her when drunk.

Guess what? - Now I can't stop drinking..

She's with a guy now, and has a baby.

Strange emotions with this..

Our mutual friends, now pretty much don't bother with me, and I miss them so much.

Can't stop crying.

Don't think I've ever felt so alone in my entire life.

Earlier today, I even considered getting on a train to a nearby city, and selling my iPhone to 'CEX'.. Yep, to raise more money for booze..

Over the past 18 months, I've sold 3 other iPhones, and my laptop, all to raise money for drink. Becaus of this, I'm now in heavy debt..

Madness.

I had a word with myself, and while I'm still craving a drink now, it's lessened, and I won't be going out / won't be selling my phone.

Guys and gals, I'm 36, and I seem to have lost my life! *nervous, false laugh*

I was on Facebook (have since deactivated it) but it hurt immensely seeing old friends live their lives, happily, with girlfriends or wives and children.. careers.

I don't know where to start.

Sorry if this all sounds negative, hopeless and full to the brim with sadness, and self pity, but it's how I feel.

Thanks,

Sim x
  • maz1964
    maz1964 Posts: 903 Forumite
    jo1972 wrote: »
    Bis, you got back just at the right time!! :D

Having a terrible day so far, well it all actually started yesterday when my car unfortunately passed away :(

I have now discovered that my AA membership lapsed....a week ago!!!

They want £139 to give me Roadside and a one off home start just for today, or £180 for the roadside and a subscription to home start.

Problem is in my purse I have 24p :undecided

And the very most irritating thing ever is that I can get roadside and home start online for £70 odd quid with £40 cashback on quidco.

And so because of this I refuse to pay the £140 (which I don't have anyway).

I am now on a mission :cool:

I have decided to find a cheap local mechanic to have a look and 'hopefully' get it going, then I shall be driving it to the nearest silver Vauxhall Astra that will take my car as part exchange and do a swop. I miss my old Astra, it's a man's car and I never got grief from van drivers :p

So, where do I find someone that is good a tinkering under the bonnet?

hiya sorry to hear of your problems, just a silly question perhaps, but do you hold say a bank account that includes the aa or rac as part of your account options?? maybe you didnt realise you have such a service or incase your own insurance worth ringing them to see if they have included it with your ins and you were not possibly aware??

if not if you are in the midlands my hubby knows lots about cars if you havent found anyone, otherwise only other thing i can think of is any friends can recommend anyone they normally use?/

hope you get it sorted good luck and if we can help send me a pm

have a sunny day all maz:)
    Sealed Pot Challenge member 1525

"Knowledge is the Power to get Debt Free":j

Truecall device, stops all the unneccesary phone calls - my sanity has been restored and the peace in the house is truely priceless!:rotfl:
  • SimIsOnTheUp
    On a lighter note - I wouldn't advise, playing Elton John's 'I Want Love, when feeling like this!

It sums up how I feel right now though.

Not very manly to admit, feeling lonely :-/

Does anyone else on here, feel this way?

It's times like this, when I miss my Mum and Nan.

Mum died in '96. She was 45, and had cancer.

Nan died in '99; from Emphysima related illness.

God, to have them back.

Can't stop these tears.

Cheers,

Sim x
  • SimIsOnTheUp
    Jo, sorry to hear about your grief with your car.

Hope you are able to get it sorted.

Sim x
  • Bismarck
    Bismarck Posts: 2,598 Forumite

Not very manly to admit, feeling lonely :-/

Does anyone else on here, feel this way?

It's times like this, when I miss my Mum and Nan.

Couldn't bear to not reply.

I think you know you have t ostop.

Just try a day at a time. Nothing else. Be the person you wer when you started the relationships that made you happy.

It's not over til it's over.

Keep on fighting - the fact you've come on here shows that you want to change.

Do it. For yourself. I used to think booze made it all better. IT made a whole lot of things a lot worse and clouded the way out of the mess I'd made.

I'm still fixing things. You can too.

Take care.

Bis
    For what I've done...I start again...And whatever pain may come ...Today this ends... I'm forgiving what I've done -AF since June 2007
  • jo1972
    jo1972 Posts: 8,901 Forumite
    maz1964 wrote: »
    hiya sorry to hear of your problems, just a silly question perhaps, but do you hold say a bank account that includes the aa or rac as part of your account options?? maybe you didnt realise you have such a service or incase your own insurance worth ringing them to see if they have included it with your ins and you were not possibly aware??

if not if you are in the midlands my hubby knows lots about cars if you havent found anyone, otherwise only other thing i can think of is any friends can recommend anyone they normally use?/

hope you get it sorted good luck and if we can help send me a pm

have a sunny day all maz:)

Thank you for the message Maz :)

I'm in London :(

Unfortunately because I need to use the service now I can't just renew my policy without paying a penalty (or what ever they call it) which is about £40 extra. The only other thing would be to take out a policy and leave the car sat there for a week, then call them. I need the car today though :(

Thanks though xxx

Hugs to you Sim, I'm not in a good place either, so unable to advise xxx
    DFW Nerd no. 496 - Proud to be dealing with my debts!!
  • Marru
    Marru Posts: 4,126 Forumite
    Sim: Step 1: contact this guy who bought your jacket and keep him informed. He is less likely to get angry if he knows that the jacket will eventually reach him. Step 2: make an appointment with you GP ASAP!!!! It sounds to me that on top of having problem with alcohol you also have depression and this needs to be treated. You can't just will it better. I know - I have been there and still am in some days. Step 3: Pack the jacket so it is ready to go when you have money for postage.
    "Everything will be alright in the end. If it's not alright, it's not the end."

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure