O2 Broadband (merged)

Options

Comments

• valli2
    valli2 Posts: 69 Forumite
    Options
    Its all the same network but running seperately hence different offers and prices, for instance i'm with Be if i wanted to move to 02 i would still need a Mac.
    *Steve*
    With be*
  • epz_2
    epz_2 Posts: 1,859 Forumite
    Options
    valli2 wrote: »
    Its all the same network but running seperately hence different offers and prices, for instance i'm with Be if i wanted to move to 02 i would still need a Mac.

does that mean they will shape the trafic so the be users will keep the service they expect or is the network going go nuts like orange did to their isp service (plusnet iirc).
  • adam2484
    adam2484 Posts: 436 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    least i think it's new.

It seems quite competitive, particularly if you are an o2 customer - £7.50 (8meg) £10 (16 meg). free wireless router, free customer service, unlimited downloads ...

Check it out here http://broadband.o2.co.uk/

I'm just going to wait for it to show up on quidco - they will hopefully do £25 cashback.
  • altin_2
    altin_2 Posts: 557 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm just going to wait for it to show up on quidco - they will hopefully do £25 cashback.

Yes is there now.
    And thank you for reminding of quidco-will switch from £15 AOL 2MB/mth to £7.50 8MB/mth.
    (i'm a o2 monthly customer)
  • donny-gal
    donny-gal Posts: 4,654 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I am currently looking for a new mobile provider and broadband. My husband has Vodafone, and I am looking at geting O2 as it will give us greater coverage for between them they cover most of the country. Our son has O2 and seems very happy with them and has a better signal at home than Vodafone. I now see that O2 are offering Broadband at a reduced cost for O2 customers, which seems to fit in with my needs.

Does anyone know any more about this?

Thanks
    DG
    Member #8 of the SKI-ers Club
    Why is it I have less time now I am retired then when I worked?
  • donny-gal
    donny-gal Posts: 4,654 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Arggh! Yet again when I check out my home number just like Sky and Talk Talk - it doesn't cover me yet, and no dates given. I sometimes this these offers are a con!

Looks like Plusnet, who I was with years ago as Force9, I know they are reliable.

Thanks
    DG
    Member #8 of the SKI-ers Club
    Why is it I have less time now I am retired then when I worked?
  • Hungerdunger
    Options
    As your husband is with Vodafone, have you looked at their broadband offer? £14 per month (Plus £11 line rental) and you get free calls at all times to UK landline numbers (01 and 02).

I'll be changing myself in just over a month and I'm seriously thinking about Vodafone. The only worry I have is that I can't find them on any comparison sites (probably because they are not "major league" yet), so I don't know how good their service is.
    "The trouble with quotations on the Internet is that you never know whether they are genuine" - Charles Dickens
  • euglycaemia
    Options
    I just came across O2 Broadband while looking at the threads........

It looks nice and cheap!

Has 100 days money back guarantee as well!!

After having painful experience with Orange broadband recently, I am thinking to comeout!

Just wondered anyone has experience with this so far eventhough it looks new...:o :o:o
  • toothwiz
    Options
    I have just signed up and set up my o2 broadband and speed seems to be a good spped however sometimes it appears to disconnect whilst I am surfing. may be a few teething probs will let you know if i resolve it
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure