Applying for as many CC as I can this month

Hi there, my employment contract comes to an end this month. will be a student again next month.

I currently have 3 credit cards and am just thinking about applying for as many 0% interest free credit cards as I can this month (to help me when I'm a student), whilst I can technically and legally fill out the application form as still being employed and earning a salary.

My question is whether it is safe to apply for as many as I can for the rest of this month and just not stop until they start turning me down. Will the CC companies blacklist me for making too many applications in one month, or shall I just apply for as many as I can over the next few days?

Comments

• DiggingOut
    DiggingOut Posts: 770 Forumite
    Aren't you a little bothered by the ethics of this? It may not technically be fraudulent, but it's close. :-/
    I have five stars! This doesn't mean that I know anything about any of the things I post. I could be a raving lunatic, or a brilliant genius, or just some guy on the internet. In fact, I could be all three at the same time.

If anything I say makes sense, then do it. If not, don't. Don't blame me or my stars if you do something stupid because I suggested it. I'm responsible for my own stupidity only. You are responsible for yours.

Why, I don't even have five stars anymore! Aren't you glad you aren't responsible for my stupidity?
  • I'm not really bothered about the ethics of this, since one would ask whether fixed term contract employees should be allowed to apply for credit cards at all.

I work in a sector where fixed term contracts are overused (scandalously) and I am on my 5th concecutive contract. If I was 'ethical' about not applying for a credit card because I knew that in a few months down the line, I may not have a job, I would never have gotten any credit.

I have every intention of paying off all my debt, I just need the credit to help me get by whilst I'm a student. One could argue what the ethics are of doing all the credit card tart activities advocated by this web site. "Not technically fraudulent but close". What's the difference?
  • DiggingOut
    DiggingOut Posts: 770 Forumite
    I suppose if you know you are going to be able to pay it back, that is one thing. If you don't, it is another.

You might really mess up your credit rating for awhile.

I don't see it as parallel to credit card tarting. A credit card tart knows he/she has the money to pay it back.
    I have five stars! This doesn't mean that I know anything about any of the things I post. I could be a raving lunatic, or a brilliant genius, or just some guy on the internet. In fact, I could be all three at the same time.

If anything I say makes sense, then do it. If not, don't. Don't blame me or my stars if you do something stupid because I suggested it. I'm responsible for my own stupidity only. You are responsible for yours.

Why, I don't even have five stars anymore! Aren't you glad you aren't responsible for my stupidity?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure