Tesco Mortgages moving to Halifax

Hi,

I paid a hefty early exit fee to get out of my halifax mortgage and went with tescos. Now tescos have sold my mortgage back to halifax. What are my rights to get my early exit fees paid back? I have paid them to leave Halifax but now seem to have ended up with them anyway.

Comments

• Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Was your choice to leave early. You have no rights as a consequence. Your existing mortgage product remains unchanged.
  • foxy-stoat
    foxy-stoat Posts: 6,879 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    What was up with Halifax that you had to pay a hefty fee for? I hope it was worth it.
  • Edi81
    Edi81 Posts: 1,444 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Two separate transactions.
    You left halifax - transaction 1
    Halifax bought your mortgage - transaction 2.
    Totally unconnected.
  • What is that? You still can't leave that place
  • tough luck.
  • What are my rights to get my early exit fees paid back?
    Unfortunately you don't have any. You paid the fee to end your specific mortgage deal early, not to leave the Halifax early.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    I have 2 years left on an "okay" fixed term Tesco mortgage deal. I think I'd be able to get a much better deal but there is a big exit fee on my current deal. If Tesco have decided to sell my mortgage to Halifax, should I be given the option to leave the deal without paying a fee?
  • Carrot007
    Carrot007 Posts: 4,534 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I have 2 years left on an "okay" fixed term Tesco mortgage deal. I think I'd be able to get a much better deal but there is a big exit fee on my current deal. If Tesco have decided to sell my mortgage to Halifax, should I be given the option to leave the deal without paying a fee?

Why do you think this since the terms have not changed. now it they wanted the change them that is a different matter.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post

Why not wait for the deal to end and look for a better deal.
  • Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post

The contract you signed allows the owner of your debt to sell it on.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure