PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

KonMari 2017 - The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up

Options

Comments

• Wednesday2000
    Options
    Igamogam wrote: »
    Forgive me......I don't, never have worn any form of makeup.........clear mascara? ?? :o

It's just like normal mascara with a wand and it makes your lashes look longer and more defined, it's just clear, not any colour.

I always used to wear clear as a teenager, but along the way changed to black.

ETA - like clear lipgloss, rather than any coloured lipgloss.
  • silvasava
    silvasava Posts: 4,433 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Mini KM this morning - dead batteries bagged up to take to local SM. Postage stamps and plastic milk bottle tops bagged to take to local hospice shop.
    Sorted some photos for DS1 birthday - found some of my Gran - in every one she has a cigarette in one hand and a drink in the other!!
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
  • Frogletina
    Frogletina Posts: 3,888 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options

I bought some new reusable bags so I will get rid of the old plastic bags in my next Ocado order as they exchange and recycle. I am going to ask them not to bring plastic bags as well as I keep forgetting to do tick the box when I make an order! The only thing is that I feel guilty about the delivery driver as it will obviously take longer without bags.

I bought 7 items from Ocado and it was brought in 6 bags! However, the delivery driver said did I want him to take the bags away, and he did, so they were classed as 6 returned bags and I was credited for them.

However, usually I just accept my order in bags and they can go back another time. I use some as rubbish bags in the meantime, or for local shopping until they need replacing

frogletina
    Not Rachmaninov
    But Nyman
    The heart asks for pleasure first
    SPC 8 £1567.31 SPC 9 £1014.64 SPC 10 # £1164.13 SPC 11 £1598.15 SPC 12 # £994.67 SPC 13 £962.54 SPC 14 £1154.79 SPC15 £715.38 SPC16 £1071.81⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐Declutter thread - ⭐⭐🏅
  • firebubble
    firebubble Posts: 171 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Happy new year all!

It sounds as if everyone has made a cracking start to new year decluttering!

Wort - shampoo/shower gel/handwash/bubble bath/washing up liquid are all just liquid detergent of different strengths, so can all be used interchangeably, subject to personal preference (sometimes shampoo has lots of additives to make hair silky which means it's not so good for washing up, washing up liquid is the harshest so may not be so good for hair particularly in hard water areas). Hope that makes it easier to use up!

I'm going to go through my place on Saturday...my household spares/tools/stuff is split over three cupboards and doesn't have a proper place or proper storage in any of them, so that's my job. Until then, sifting the dreaded paperwork is keeping me busy...
  • 500daysaway
    Options
    Wow this is so interesting! I plan to declutter and sell on eBay this week!
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    firebubble wrote: »
    shampoo/shower gel/handwash/bubble bath/washing up liquid are all just liquid detergent of different strengths, so can all be used interchangeably, subject to personal preference (sometimes shampoo has lots of additives to make hair silky which means it's not so good for washing up, washing up liquid is the harshest so may not be so good for hair particularly in hard water areas). Hope that makes it easier to use up!

THis!!! I am very much of the opinion that soap is soap is soap....
    I will use dregs up out of DD's shampoo bottles for washing up (apple scented, so it works) smellier scents (just the dregs - some bottles rean't easy to get it all out of in the shower due to the design of their caps) get used as dilute laundry liquid/ floor wash. Excess/ disliked hotel shower gel/ shampoo goes in OH's shower gel bottle (he doesn't care) or used to fill handwash (depending upon the colour - they have to match my bathrooms! :o)
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • pavlovs_dog
    pavlovs_dog Posts: 10,199 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I've just purged gift bags (DH's side of the family seem to be obsessed with them). 23(!) out, keeping only the ones that are joyful and reusable. Remaining stash now fits in half the drawer space it was using. Will give MIL first dibs on the evacuees.

DH voluntarily joining in with the cleaning if not the KMing. The woo is working its magic :D
    know thyself
    Nid wy'n gofyn bywyd moethus...
  • pavlovs_dog
    pavlovs_dog Posts: 10,199 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    thought you might appreciate the humour (in amongst the social commentary horror and the tiny bit of swearing) of this article on 2018's hot decluttering trend, American apocalypse purging
    know thyself
    Nid wy'n gofyn bywyd moethus...
  • Slinky
    Slinky Posts: 9,985 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Wow this is so interesting! I plan to declutter and sell on eBay this week!

Welcome to our thread.

I'm curious, what is or was 500 days away?
    Make £2024 in 2024
    Prolific to 29/2/24 £184.97, Chase Interest £11.88, Chase roundup interest £0.18, Chase CB £16.96, Roadkill £1.10, Octopus referral reward £50, Octopoints £6.30 to 31/1/24, Topcashback £4.64, Shopmium £3
    Total £279.03/£2024  13.8%

Make £2023 in 2023
    Water sewerage refund: £170.62,Topcashback: £243.47, Prolific: to 31/12/23 £975, Haggling: £45, Wombling(Roadkill): £6.04,  Chase CB £149.34, Chase roundup interest £1.35, WeBuyBooks:£8.37, Misc sales: £406.59, Delay repay £22, Amazon refund £3.41, EDF Smart Meter incentive £100, Santander Edge Cashback-Fees: £25.14, Octopus Reward £50, Bank transfer incentives £400
    Total: £2606.33/£2023  128.8%

• oceanspirit
    oceanspirit Posts: 1,018 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    silvasava wrote: »
    Sorted some photos for DS1 birthday - found some of my Gran - in every one she has a cigarette in one hand and a drink in the other!!

I think we must have shared a grandmother, lol.
    Decluttering Awards: 🥇
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport