IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

UK Car Park Management try very hard to enable Shedule 4.

Options
bergkamp
bergkamp Posts: 356 Forumite
First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
edited 14 August 2018 at 8:42PM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
NTK issued date 12 days after the event, with the sentence;

' This notice is deemed to have been given to you on the second working day after the date of sending above',

added to end of the POFA blurb.

Obviously this means nothing without proof of postage, and the NTK was actually received by the RK 16 days after the event.

The relevant land specified is ' ONE STOP '. Very informative!

The IPC template has been sent with the addition of no keeper liability explanation for them...

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,669 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    OK - but still don't try IAS, you will lose. It's pointless.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    ABOUT ONE STOP
    One Stop Stores Limited is a retail convenience business with over 770 company operated neighbourhood stores and 160 franchisees across England, Wales and Scotland.

So erm which is the relevant land then? I'd suggest that "one stop" probably isn't specific enough to transfer to keeper liability.
  • bergkamp
    Options
    I don't think it is pointless when you have clearly non compliant NTK.

I wouldn't advise any newbie to appeal to the IAS, but getting some up to date ' Independent Adjudicator '

decisions is not a bad thing IMO. If only for the entertainment value of the operator and Adjudicator

comments. :)

The appeal was simply on no keeper liability.

Two points - Out of time NTK, and no relevant land on NTK.

UKCPM try and address the timing point but totally ignore the relevant land issue!

Obviously the appeal was dismissed by 'Independent Adjudicator'....

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nd7jr851cki3bd8/UKCPM_IAS_APPEAL.pdf?dl=0
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    Why did you come here for advice then ignore it?

Spilt milk now!!
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,346 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Bergkamp knows what he’s doing, I think it was always his intention to draw the IAS and operator out on this. He was well aware of the likely outcome, as I read it.

No doubt he’ll confirm.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    Bergkamp knows what he’s doing, I think it was always his intention to draw the IAS and operator out on this. He was well aware of the likely outcome, as I read it.

No doubt he’ll confirm.

You must have mystic powers cos there's nothing in this thread to suggest an agenda like this
  • bergkamp
    bergkamp Posts: 356 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Quentin wrote: »
    Why did you come here for advice then ignore it?

Spilt milk now!!

:huh:. See post 6.

The ' Independent Adjudicator ' is " satisfied as to the location of the contravention"....

So that's relevant land sorted. :laugh:
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    edited 16 December 2017 at 2:56PM
    Options
    I agree with Bergkamp.

It is clearly flawed decisions such as this which bolster the motorists case. A good defence can drive a coach and horses through such an "independent adjudication" in court. Why cannot people see this?
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,346 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    You must have mystic powers cos there's nothing in this thread to suggest an agenda like this

No mystic powers, I just read every thread on this forum and from bergkamp’s other inputs on various other threads, it’s obvious he’s no wet-behind-the-ears newbie.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,669 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options

His other posts recently showed us that bergkamp knows a few scores.

:) snap, Umkomaas!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure