Reclaim CPP article discussion

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Neil wrote: »
    in a last ditch attempt i actually dowloaded your forms and sent them in 2-3 days before the deadline and emailed them the details as well

guess what - they have continued since then to say the documents were not received by the deadline date and therefore they will not pay the claim or look at the request
    As you missed the CPP Scheme deadline and the Ombudsman could not help, it's difficult to see where you might take this for "one more shot"

Sorry.
    Neil wrote: »
    clearly the crooks at CPP were working to ensure many innocent customers did not get compensated by fair means or foul.....mainy foul if i am allowed to be so blunt and frustrated by their blatent methods and tactics
    I'm not sure very many were denied a refund in the manner you were. Certainly many thousands were recipients of full refunds.

I think your problem was only finally sending the complaint three days before the scheme closure. If you write to CPP again, they'll just reiterate what they told you in 2014.
  • Whilst having a clear out for the charity bag I came across documentation for a CPP card and identity theft policy from 2011 which was taken out via my Vanquis card. Now I think back, I remember arguing with them for months that I didn't need some sort of insurance they had added without asking me and eventually got them to cancel it but I think I had paid it for nearly a year by then. I didn't get a letter from them about the compensation scheme even though I'm at the same address as I was when it was added to my account. I know the scheme has closed now but is there any way I can still reclaim as I had forgotten I had it until I found this paperwork so didn't realise I had a claim.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    No. .
  • [Deleted User]
    I know the scheme has closed now but is there any way I can still reclaim as I had forgotten I had it until I found this paperwork so didn't realise I had a claim.
    Unfortunately you no longer have a "claim". The scheme closed three years ago and (with it) any complaint you might subsequently make.
  • Hi All,

Just looking for a bit of help. Was clearing out the filing cabinet (as we have wage slips dating back to 1999). Discovered that my husband had a Topshop card, first opened around 2001 and had paid cpp the whole time. Closed it around 2010. Only have some of the paper work but do not have the exact year it was closed.

From the looks of it he bought an item when first opened it and every other change was insurance. We have never received a letter about joining the reclaim group. I have downloaded mse template but not exactly sure the best way to word the amendments needed in the letter. Also we do not seem to have a copy of the first statement. I would like to make our case as strong as possible. Will it matter that we do not have complete paperwork.

Thank you :)
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Will it matter that we do not have complete paperwork.

No, but it matters that you are three years too late to complain about it.
  • [Deleted User]
    We have never received a letter about joining the reclaim group.
    Unfortunately you are no longer able to "reclaim"regardless of somehow not receiving the letter(s). The scheme closed three years ago and (with it) any complaint you might subsequently make.

Forget about this..
  • Just found out my elderly mother has been paying CPP since 2001, she never received th redress scheme letter, the payments come out of her bank account as a direct debit. How does she know who to complain to in order to make a claim for miss selling. Would it be the bank or CPP.
  • Just found out my elderly mother has been paying CPP since 2001, she never received th redress scheme letter
    Read the earlier responses to the thread, the redress scheme ended some three years back.

You cannot complain that you didn't receive any of the reminder letters and such a complaint will not gain you any refund.

You are far too late. Sorry.
  • Hi all. Hoping for some advice.

I took out a CPP plan in 2004, so before the 2005 date that the redress scheme goes back to. For pre-2005 claims, the advice is to contact your bank to submit a complaint, but I can't recall which bank sold me CPP. I recall it being an opt-out, so was forced on me, but I don't have documentation going back that far.

I thought possibly via Barclaycard or Barclays. Any advice from people who were in a similar situation? I.e. Calling banks to ask if they originally sold me CPP? I've already inquired with every bank I have an account with about ppi using their online forms, but that wouldn't highlight CPP.

(My last ditch attempt would be to use a claims company who may know of a way to process this. So any recommendations over which to use would be appreciated.) Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure