£1.32 to Mortgage
    £2.00 to savings
    £3.00 to emergency savings
    £2.00 to joint od.
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,100 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    I also had a letter from my unenforceable debt yesterday. They sent some more paperwork, but did not mention whether it was enforceable or unenforceable. They have told me to contact them to make a mutually acceptable arrangement to clear the debt.

I assume from that that it is still unenforceable, so I am tempted to go in for a stupidly low F&F (10%) and see if by some miracle they accept. What do you guys think? I know my EF is allocated at the moment, but I wont need to pay back the tax credits til next year so should be able to rebuild it by then. It's debt number 6.
  • Looking good :D

Also for tax credits remember you don't have to pay it in one go, Maybe a monthly payment would be better than using all your EF?
  • Ouch to the tax credits, hate it when that happens :mad:. I agree that maybe you should pay it monthly rather than lose the emergency fund?

Hope your debt is unenforceable. Do you need to pay them anything if its unenforceable?
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • jwil
    Looking good :D

Also for tax credits remember you don't have to pay it in one go, Maybe a monthly payment would be better than using all your EF?

Good point, thank you :) There's just not much room in the budget so it will probably have to come from savings anyway. Monthly is less painful though!
    Ouch to the tax credits, hate it when that happens :mad:. I agree that maybe you should pay it monthly rather than lose the emergency fund?

Hope your debt is unenforceable. Do you need to pay them anything if its unenforceable?

They can't take me to court and get a CCJ if it's unenforceable, but they can still chase it. I could probably stop paying but I'd be waiting 6 years before it was statute barred, and they can still chase it, sell it on, and there's always a chance the correct paperwork might turn up. I don't want all that hassle, so I'd rather settle it if I can, then I know it's all done and finalised.

I'm going to send the low offer this week, if they accept it, great, if not, I'll carry on paying £1 a month.
  • jwil
    I managed to do 30 listings yesterday for DH so today I'm going to get some done for me. As time goes on, I'm deciding I want less and less stuff, so more is available to go.

I'd much rather do stuff than own stuff now.
  • jwil
    Todays pads:

£1.32 to Mortgage
    £3.00 to savings
    £5.00 to emergency savings
    £4.29 to joint od.
  • jwil
    Todays pads:

£2.69 to Mortgage
    £2.00 to savings
    £3.00 to emergency savings
    £1.51 to joint od.
  • jwil
    Several parcels have been posted today and yesterday :T Always good to see stuff leaving.

Someone is being a pain on ebay, keeps wanting to add stuff to their order and therefore is taking ages to sort. I just want to tell them to get lost!

I checked online for Tax credits and it looks like they've only updated half my updates :mad: so I've redone it and also sent a letter with all changes on it, in the hope that they get it this time! I'd definitely done the changes as the boxes were coming up with the same figures as suggestions when I was typing them in!

My other PPI claim have sent me a paper questionnaire to complete and return to them. It is the exact same questions on the resolver website which were used in my complaint! So I've just copied my answers and sent that back to them.

The other thing to do this week is send off the F&F offer for my unenforceable debt. I can't imagine they'll accept it, but it would be interesting to see what they come back with.
  • abba1772
    abba1772 Posts: 7,746 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Car Insurance Carver!
    Good luck with the f&f offer xx
    NEXT TARGET: Halifax credit card DEC 22 £0 / £4499.12
    POAMAYC 2011 £6378.35 POAMAYC 2012 £5000.78
    POAMAYC 2013 £3480.04 POAMAYC 2014 £4085.14
    POAMAYC 2015 £7565.24 POAMAYC 2016 £8000.90 POAMAYC 2017 £7278.80 POAMAYC 2018 £13208.18POAMAYC 2019 £13309.28 POAMAYC 2020 £15026.05
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure