IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Urgent Help Required: Being threatened with bailiffs for a PCN when ticket states Not a PCN!!

Options
I took my mother to the theatre, parked the car in a disabled bay displaying my mother’s blue badge together with the pay & display fee ticket on the top. I placed them both at an angle for ease of any warden on the front dashboard as required. As I was placing them my mother started to get out of the car and as it was a blustery night I quickly slammed my door rushing round to help prevent an accident and proceeded to the theatre.

Post performance, a theatre usher kindly helped my mother back to the car. On approach we noticed a ticket had been placed on my windscreen. The ticket, red card with a black chevron border showed both date/time directly under which it said !ATTENTION! DOCUMENT ENCLOSED (there was nothing enclosed) with “THIS IS NOT A PARKING CHARGE NOTICE” also in bold underneath that.

As stated, there was nothing other than this card which on the reverse has the company name MyParkingCharge.co.uk together with a serial number and again, the date!

No address stated on the ticket just web address. No Company registration number. No name of the person or ID of the individual who’d written this so-called ticket.

I subsequently visited website to see various photos of my husbands car at various angles plus the disabled bay plus a section underneath saying I owed £60! Their website also quotes a Companies House registration which is solely relevant to Excel Parking. In addition to which, their small print says “it works in the style of Excel” not “for and on behalf of Excel” which I would expect. Plus, In a different area of this MCP website they quote a different Companies House registration number, which after research I found belongs to VCS.

At this stage I phoned DVL who informed my MCP (MyParkingCharge) has no authorisation to obtain drivers details. That said, some days later my husband received a sheet of A4 in the post saying Parking Charge Notice demanding the sum of £100 stating “Parked in a disabled bay without clearly displaying a valid disabled persons badge” This paperwork however clearly shows a picture of their PCN (Parking Charge Notice) which I’ve since been informed by the police is correct, of a yellow notice with a black chevron border clearly stating PCN!

It sadly appears that as I slammed my door in a rush to help my mother, the fee paid receipt blew over part of her blue badge registration number ie “act of God!”

As such, I wrote a lengthy email (plus sending a recorded letter version) to MCP showing all relevant documentation pointing out that the notice placed on the windscreen by the warden, for and on their behalf quite clearly states in bold that it isn’t a Parking Charge Notice and as such there is no monies due! They have also chosen to ignore the vast majority of the letter asking about out of pocket expenses, landlords contract etc, etc.

Last week I received a response email saying my appeal had been rejected. If I wanted to appeal I have no option other than go through IAS (Independent Appeals Service) which again having done further research allegedly appears (according to many reviewers) to be an extension of the same company! MCP will not entertain any other appeal service. Plus have threatened court, bailiffs etc!!!

I have appealed through this required method but they are totally ignoring, failing take on board or comprehend the ticket placed on my windscreen clearly states the direct opposite to a charge notice. Within that appeal I’ve also clarified that I am more than willing to stand before a civil court to present all the relevant facts/paperwork and let them decide.

They are totally ignoring the fact whilst the wind blew the ticket, my mother is a valid blue badge holder they have also made an error and inadvertently put a wrong notice on my windscreen!

I’m in despair, can anyone help me please???

:angry::angry:

Comments

• KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,638 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Is your husband the Registered Keeper?

Wasn't the postal Notice to Keeper addressed to him?

Why did you appeal rather than the recipient of the postal NtK?

Unfortunately if you have appealed in your name as the driver of the car, you and your husband have lost some of the protection offered by The Protection of Freedoms Act.

At this stage there really is nothing you can do other than perhaps complain to the car park owner - the theatre?
    Can they arrange for the ticket to be cancelled?

Meanwhile, perhaps you should read the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread to see the nature of the game you are now caught up in.
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,309 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    The PPC would have to instigate court proceedings, issue a LBC/LBCC/LBA, following the correct procedures (CPR rules) and IF you lost at small claims court, you would then pay up and any CCJ (step before bailiff) that was issued would be wiped out. As advised above in post # 2, by KeithP, have a good read of the stickies to which he kindly provided a link.
  • Mystic-lady
    Options
    Thank you so much... I did go back into the theatre who said it was absurd. A theatre staff member als9 came with me into the Premieer Inn that also shares the site who had the same response!!!!
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Thank you so much... I did go back into the theatre who said it was absurd. A theatre staff member als9 came with me into the Premieer Inn that also shares the site who had the same response!!!!

Did one of them cancel it for you though? One of them employs the ppc so should be able to cancel the ticket.
  • Mystic-lady
    Mystic-lady Posts: 25 Forumite
    edited 7 August 2018 at 11:49AM
    Options
    Hi again, no they said they were both tenants with the car park owners being the third.

I went to the Police (report scam), CBA (unfortunately bloody useless], DVLA who incidentally told me MPC has no authority to obtain personal details of the keeper so as such , implies they have obtained them illegally...to boot, only just been made aware of this site/ forum, I appealed in my name post a NTK arriving in the post. I had parked the car and didn!!!8217;t know where else to turn!

In my original request, I asked for. Copy of the said contract with the landowner together with details...non-forthcoming!

I do not intend to pay them a penny but have to say, even now having read the Newbies ;se
    section re myparkingcharge.co.uk I’m even more confused as I can only see a section re affiliated parking space!

Probably obvious by my confusion, I am not used to using anything like this forum.....so just need it simple terms on what I should do, where should I go or whom to contact next!

Brain dead with worry/confusion for which I wholeheartedly apologise !! Help???; ;):eek:
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,638 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    ...they said they were both tenants with the car park owners being the third.

Did either the theatre or Premier Inn tell you who the car park owner is?

Perhaps the car park owner can help you?
  • Mystic-lady
    Options
    Unfortunately not. I’ve requested the information from these chareletons but of course and as expected nothing was forthcoming!

Incidentally, can I just say a really big thank you for you taking the time to respond to me and all your help which is so very much appreciated!
  • Mystic-lady
    Options
    Unfortunately not. I’ve requested the information from these chareletons but of course and as expected nothing was forthcoming!

Incidentally, can I just say a really big thank you for you taking the time to respond to me and all your help which is so very much appreciated!
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options

When the going gets tough, the tough get going?

Off you go and create mayhem
  • Mystic-lady
    Options
    HELP PLEASE! My sincere apologies for not understanding the forum protocol, nor process fullstop!

I have noticed people such as the likes of myself have been given very sarcastic responses or ridiculed for not being clued up on any of the protocol when faced with these unscrupulous companies ...which is so very upsetting when we can only apologise for our lack of understanding or knowledge... I hadn!!!8217;t heard of anything like this site and was pointed in the direction for help and advice so thought that knowledgeable people who do have understanding would be kind enough to help.

Again, I can only apologise for the fact I am not !!!8220;streetwise!!!8217; or !!!8220;clued up!!!8221; on this but simply beg for someone to help me by using simple layman terms, not jargon which in my instance would be like telling me to read and summarise a book written in Latin when I have no understanding of it!

I was at the stage of having the initial appeal to MCP declined, directed to IAS to appeal, having set the appeal in motion...to having up until 23:59 tomorrow to put my final case forward....

I was at the stage of having already appealed to MCP which was obviously declined to having submitted my appeal to IAS which Is where I!!!8217;m at currently...

From snippets on the site have now obviously become very aware that this was the wrong thing to do but I am where I am with VCS showing all their gumph but as I had a ticket that clearly stated it was not. PCN I do not in my mind have anything to pay...However, now being at the point where I am

Please can someone with a big kind heart tell me, in simple terms, what should I do next if anything?

They say if I don!!!8217;t respond a judgement will be made and the bailiffs notified...if there was no PCN issued ie a clearly defined yellow badge...why am I in this position and what do I do now?

Bless you for taking the time to read & thank you so much for taking the time in helping me...it really is very, very much appreciated!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure