Yes Car Credit PPI reclaim

Hi There,

In year 2000 I purchased a car from Yes Car Credit (direct Auto Finance), I strongly believe I was misold PPi insurance on this credit agreement, but dont have an account number etc, is it still possible to send off the paperwork without account details The interest was about 200%, a time when needs must and I didnt realise any different

Comments

• Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,784 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    If sold by the car dealership, or potentially even the finance firm, likely they will simply dismiss it as pre-regulation (started in 2005). Very high chance that so many years later (particularly if it was closed more than 6 years ago) they won't have any records left
  • Morning, I have a similar situation not having the agreement number etc but purchased my car from YCC in 2006.

How would i go about raising a claim without the account details? Also i can find limited information about the company address.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Blueacorn wrote: »
    I have a similar situation not having the agreement number etc but purchased my car from YCC in 2006.

How would i go about raising a claim without the account details? Also i can find limited information about the company address.
    There is unlikely to be any record of this finance twelve years on. You can find out via Google if Yes Car Credit is still operating and, if not, you can approach FSCS-but I doubt you'll get very far with no documentation...
  • Hi there we've purchased a car from yes car credit, this was between 2002/2007. We lost all our agreement details , but lately we received a letter from them , about updating our policy privacy details. And this included our account details do we still av a chance to claim our PPI. This was misold to us as we was not allowed hire purchase on the cars , unless we took out the PPI. Can someone out there please help me .
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Write and ask them.

If they have your details, you can put in a complaint, assuming the PPI wasn't a genuine condition of the HP.

But don't bother if before 2005.
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,784 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi there we've purchased a car from yes car credit, this was between 2002/2007. We lost all our agreement details , but lately we received a letter from them , about updating our policy privacy details. And this included our account details do we still av a chance to claim our PPI. This was misold to us as we was not allowed hire purchase on the cars , unless we took out the PPI. Can someone out there please help me .

Even if post 2005, how are you going to prove this allegation?

They may well have your details on file and perhaps the old account number but nothing else. Worth an ask but as above if it was pre-2005 you have no chance and post 2005 you'd need to come up with better complaint reasons
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure