Help needed with halfords

Hi all, I have purchased a dab radio from halfords.
Before I purchased I asked for advice over the phone as to whether the radio I had chosen would fit the car (reg given) and if I needed to purchase anything else, I was told that I would need a cable if I want the steering wheel controller to work. I said we don't use them so that is ok I was also told I would need a dab aerial.

When I went into store I asked the same question, and was given the same answer.

So I purchased the two items and booked an appointment for wefit service.
Two weeks later on appointment day we (myself, wife and four kids) turned up, the fitter took one look and said you need a cable and a facia.
To my surprise I said I was not told this when I asked and I was told that I do.

So I purchased those and booked in again for another week.

On the next appointment we went for fitting and was told the wrong facia has arrived but they fitted anyway and reordered the facia. I was in the Carpark for 3 and half hours for a one hour appointment because they had difficulty and now have received a £60 fine from the Carpark.
At this point the built-in satnav stops working.

I have been back another time to have the facia fitted and to inspect the satnav.

The facia was fitted but the satnav does not work.

I was then promised £15 compensation that has not yet been given. And was told the store manager will ring me the next day with what needs to be done and about the parking charge, this phone call never happened.

I have just had to chase this up and they want me to go into store this Sunday for another inspection.

What should I expect or request them to do?

Sorry for the essay

Thank you

Comments

• LandyAndy
    LandyAndy Posts: 26,377 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    sithmaster wrote: »
    Hi all, I have purchased a dab radio from halfords.

Oh dear
    booked an appointment for wefit service.

Oh dear, oh dear.
    I have just had to chase this up and they want me to go into store this Sunday for another inspection.

What should I expect or request them to do?

Do this and see what they say.
  • foxy-stoat
    foxy-stoat Posts: 6,879 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Try and get back to a point prior to your original visit - put standard head unit back and get a refund + fine from the carpark and go to an actual stereo shop.....or get them to pay for the fine and get your sat nav working again.

Buy cable ties, car air fresheners or bike inner tubes from Halfords....thats about it.
  • sithmaster wrote: »
    I was in the Carpark for 3 and half hours for a one hour appointment because they had difficulty and now have received a £60 fine from the Carpark.
    Thank you

No you haven't. You have received an invoice check out this https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=163

Unless you've already paid it
  • RealGem
    RealGem Posts: 569 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    No you haven't. You have received an invoice check out this https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=163

Unless you've already paid it

Agreed. Do not pay the fine.

It is not the law unless issued by the council or the police.
    Look at it this way... In a hundred years who's gonna care?
  • Manxman_in_exile
    Manxman_in_exile Posts: 8,380 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 8 November 2018 at 10:39AM
    RealGem wrote: »

Are you certain the OP can ignore it? It's not a fine, it's a contractual issue. There are ways the OP can avoid paying the charge, but I don't think ignoring it is the best course of action.

EDIT: If it was Halfords fault that you overstayed (and it seems clear that it was) I'd get them to accept this and get them to cancel the parking charge.
  • I would personally follow the advice of Foxy stoat and Manx man above.
    Regards
  • And I would add another "oh dear".....
  • bigisi
    bigisi Posts: 925 Forumite
    RealGem wrote: »

Oh dear.

OP ignore this stupid response. The correct information was in the post above 'RealGem'.
  • So would it be better to:

A. Press Halfords to deal with the fine

Or

B. Ignore and Keep sweating over letters that may or may not arrive.
  • I accept fine=invoice by the way.....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport