PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Hot Tub location

Options

Comments

• Logangirl78
    Options
    Ahh you sound like somebody who cares unfortunately my neighbours are incredibly selfish, they took it very personally and have become both verbally and physically abusive.
  • theartfullodger
    theartfullodger Posts: 14,597 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    On eBay: Or down the dump.....
  • quantumlobster
    Options
    OP, go round to your neighbour and casually say, "the noise from your electric sex pond is very distracting. Could you do something about it?"
  • z1a
    z1a Posts: 2,522 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Valegirl wrote: »
    I know this is a relatively old post but my experience has been horrendous . I have lived next to a Lazy Spa that my neighbours have ( late 20!!!8217;s). We have very small gardens . They have had their spa for 3 years and switch it on April to October continuously . The problem is the low level hum that gets progressively worse as they do not clean/ maintain the filter . In fact they barely used it and during the summer the hum penetrated every room in my house - all night and severely impacted our sleep . Visitors to our house wondered how we coped . After 3 spoilt summers and pool parties till 1am at times we finally asked the environemtal health and showed them 100s of recordings . They sent a letter out straightaway . My neighbour promptly went to the online newspapers and accused me of a hate crime against her disabled son . He used the pool possibly twice on his birthday - the rest of the time the pool was the colour of urine and I would not have bathed my dog in it let alone a child . Added to that during last summer they went in the pool 4 times and each time jumped out saying it was freezing . But for a whole six months I had to listen to the pump chugging and vibrating like an electric sub station as their pool is placed on a wood decking . My health has badly suffered and I became ill with cancer due to the extreme stress . As I write now I can confirm that the neighbour on the other side has purchased a lazy spa last week . This is now classed as a low level noise disturbance . I am trapped between two pools and have been verbally attacked by my neighbours who feel I am !!!8220;getting at!!!8221; my neighbour who has a disabled child . This is not the case at all and it has been deliberately used to make me look like a terrible person . My advice is be careful should you complain to the council . Sometimes the fallout is far worse than the original problem .

Cancer, because of stress from neighbours bath! Really?
  • lisyloo
    lisyloo Posts: 29,615 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I;ve had a hot tub for 14 years (for the people who;ve said it;ll go next summer).

A couple of suggestions.
    What you are hearing the filter cycle. The jets/blower is coming on ever couple of hours to cycle the water through the filters.
    They will almost certainly have a control panel, you could ask them to alter the filter cycle so at least its not coming on during the hours that disturb you most.
    A friend of our summer had a similar issue and he was a DIY sort, so he insulated their tub for them. Better insulation is a potential practical solution.

I am suprised you can smell chlorine. Most of the time they have a cover on and even if there us8ng it and you!!!8217;re next to it I!!!8217;m still supris3d that!!!8217;s a big issue.
  • Lioness_Twinkletoes
    Options
    z1a wrote: »
    Cancer, because of stress from neighbours bath! Really?

Stress could cause and certainly exacerbate cancer.

"Stress “could cause cancer”, according to The Daily Telegraph . The newspaper says that research in fruit flies provides evidence that “everyday emotional stress is a trigger for the growth of tumours”
  • z1a
    z1a Posts: 2,522 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options

"Stress “could cause cancer”, according to The Daily Telegraph . The newspaper says that research in fruit flies provides evidence that “everyday emotional stress is a trigger for the growth of tumours”

Never knew that. Every day's a schoolday.
  • Red-Squirrel_2
    Red-Squirrel_2 Posts: 4,341 Forumite
    Options
    according to The Daily Telegraph .

Well, they're the experts! :cool:
  • wesleyad
    wesleyad Posts: 754 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    The low hum can be extremely annoying. When I fitted ours it kept me up at night but my wife never even noticed it. That said its very easy to fix. Due to it's low frequency it easily travels down solid objects, through walls and into bedrooms. So basically if the tub is on solid decking and the decking is attached to the house wall, it will easily come into the house. What we did was simply insulated the pump and make sure it was placed on insulation (very important). This nullified the sound completely (unless you are stood right by it) and costs about £10. Anything will do, polystyrene blocks, inflatable items, just nothing too solid.
  • keithdc
    keithdc Posts: 459 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options

At a guess, the poster that claimed this is not a fruit fly.

Pending confirmation from the poster as to their fruit fly/ human status, can you share some human data?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure