Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Comments

• mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    My body shop order I was doing just after midnight last night, not sleeping very well at the moment so I might be joining the Night shift very soon - still thrashing around at 2 in the morning.

I've been contemplating now for weeks the gifts I was getting my sisters. I'd settled on handcream as being practical and most likely to be used rather than saved up for some notional time in the future.
    Ideally I wanted it in a promotional tin and I looked at all of the locctaine and Bromley ones etc, all very pretty but quite expensive. But I thought they wont know these more premium brands.
    I then saw a nice set on the Marks website but it had an unknown French name so I discounted that
    So then it came to me that Body shop would fit the bill - a brand they would know but better than supermarket ones, not a shop they would use themselves so it would have the luxury element.

I found a set of three for £15 so total was £30 less 40% brought it down to £18 - not too fussy flavours so good and functional, sadly no tin, I had to give up on that idea.
    One sister will probably find the price on the web but she wont realise I've got 40% off although she will think I might have got some sort of deal.

So one item ticked off the list
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • ilovetoshop
    ilovetoshop Posts: 3,202 Forumite
    My mistake ... happy birthday silvercar( not gocat) :bdaycake:_party__party_
    One cannot change the past, but one can ruin the present by worrying over the future.
  • cjj_2
    cjj_2 Posts: 6,588 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    Happy Birthday ladies.

tassimo deal on hukd makes them £2 something a pack. hth xx
    Cherish those you have in your life because you never know when they won't be there anymore.

No matter how you feel, get up, dress up & never give up.
  • Yankee candle glitch on boots site, just posted on hukd. Sorry don’t have time to post link, I’m running late
    :happylove Nanny to 2 Cherubs :happylove
  • Good morning lovely peoples :hello:

I just settled down with a coffee and a hobknob to watch The Ashes, and had just taken my first nibble when they stopped play early for the day because of bad light :(

On my DD's Christmas List, she has put "curling wand"
    I know nothing about these :o

So any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thinking of you all :A
    Fighting Recurring Cancer
  • Good morning all, the sun is out :D
    TrulyMadly wrote: »
    I was messing about on Amazon this morning looking at the Yankee Advent calendar and joined Prime by mistake:o

That’s after telling family for years to watch what they subscribe to:o

Anyway I’ve cancelled but we have it for a month.

Should I be taking advantage of anything until then?

Have a look at https://www.vipon.com/instant-deal/index and https://elitedealclub.com/users/login/ (new deals come on the elite one at 10:00 )
    Arthien wrote: »
    If anyone spots a discount for men's accessories in M&S, please shout as I'm after a leather laptop bag. It's one of the few things left on my list for DH but the ones in store aren't shifting because they're all scratched and scuffed, so ordering online is going to be the best option I think.

I know it is not M&S, but have you looked at Bags Etc, I get my handbags from there and they are good quality.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • juju17
    juju17 Posts: 1,266 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Anon wrote: »
    Good morning.

Good news - CS has been updated to resolve the iOS 11 login issue :). The update is waiting in the App Store.

It is about time too - it has been two months since it stopped working! The Waitrose app still isn’t compatible :(.

Anon

Thank you anon....can log in at last! :j
    Keep Moving 2018 challenge.
    January....
    Week 1-4 total 159.44 miles
    Week 5.... 41.66 miles
    Not moving anywhere! House renovations taken over life!!
  • lesliejack
    lesliejack Posts: 2,556 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    bubbs wrote: »
    Never been but i do know with the tickets you can use them again and again within the yr
    Silverstone not far if he is into motor racing?
    BIGGGGGGGGGGGG asda there:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

In Sainsbugs the other day was a Bletchley Park quiz book, see if you would have been good enough to be selected to work there, only £3.99 I think. By the tills. Could make a nice little present?
    Sorry can't remember the exact name, but could probably find out if you wanted me to. x
    essex girl in exile
  • lesliejack
    lesliejack Posts: 2,556 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    aau1 wrote: »
    I just had a look and my east coast offer says it needs to be a 50% discounted Advanced Single ticket. This isn't an option between Edinburgh/Haymarket (at least as far as I can tell) so I'm not going to book

If anyone has an East Coast deal that doesn't require you buy a 50% off ticket then buy a child's ticket from Waverley to Haymarket at 10:28

For West Coast journeys you want a child from Waverley to Haymarket at 10:51

any idea how long before we get the nectar points please?
    essex girl in exile
  • Enterprise_1701C
    Enterprise_1701C Posts: 23,409 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    edited 23 November 2017 at 10:17AM
    Happy Birthday Silvercar :bdaycake::bdaycake:

And to anyone I have missed!
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business