Lidl Mouldy Bread Rolls!

Comments

• angryparcel
    angryparcel Posts: 926 Forumite
    London50 wrote: »
    So the OP did not see they were thick with green mold when picking up a single packet from the shelves yet believes that the shop staff should be inspecting each and every packet when they bring the full trays out from their storage area.

No i think the OP wants the shop to close for a week, so the staff can inspect every single item for mould or damage.
    Mould happens with bread the same with fruit and veg. If it was spotted by staff on the shelf then it would have been removed.
    the reason Aldi and Lidl are discount supermarkets is because they run with minimum staff, normally 1 or 2 on tills and 1 on shop floor, so therefore keeping costs down for customers
  • wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    London50 wrote: »
    So the OP did not see they were thick with green mold when picking up a single packet from the shelves...

I can easily believe that the rolls turned 'thick with green mold' (sic) during the time that the customer was waiting in a queue at an Lidl checkout. ;)
  • London50
    London50 Posts: 1,850 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    wealdroam wrote: »
    I can easily believe that the rolls turned 'thick with green mold' (sic) during the time that the customer was waiting in a queue at an Lidl checkout. ;)

I know the situation, our one has 6/8 manned tills and 8 self service ones yet no matter when I shop there I can bet on queuing longer at the tills than it takes to do a monthly shop:)
  • ARandomMiser
    ARandomMiser Posts: 1,756 Forumite
    I think you should receive 3 children and a two week holiday to Liverpool s compensation.
    IITYYHTBMAD
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    I have a Silverline (Lidl'sbrand) heated pad, which failed while being used, after about 14 months. It has a 3 year warranty, but as it was over a year old I rang CS instead of traveling to a store and being told to call CS.

They said that I would have to deal with the manufacturer but they would contact the to call me. They haven't called yet (three weeks on) despite my ringing CS twice and been told that they had prompted the manufacturer about their lack of response.

I will have to call again (forgot today) and this stress is making my backache, for which I need the pad, worse, so I think I should have a new pad or refund and a fancy garden swing (to relax me) ..possibly with accompanying table and outdoor dining ware...on and a gazebo incase it rains.
  • angryparcel
    teddysmum wrote: »
    so I think I should have a new pad or refund and a fancy garden swing (to relax me) ..possibly with accompanying table and outdoor dining ware...on and a gazebo incase it rains.
    Now you cant have them without a BBQ, so you better demand a BBQ too
  • greatgimpo
    greatgimpo Posts: 1,256 Forumite
    No i think the OP wants the shop to close for a week, so the staff can inspect every single item for mould or damage.
    If it closed for a week, and something is inspected on day 1 of the closure, would it need to be checked again on day 7 before opening? Ad infinitum...
  • angryparcel
    greatgimpo wrote: »
    If it closed for a week, and something is inspected on day 1 of the closure, would it need to be checked again on day 7 before opening? Ad infinitum...
    i would say so as it could have come off in the 7 days waiting for the shop to open
  • angryparcel
    i think it is the individual stores as today i was in my local Lidl as they have great fruit.
    I picked up a net of satsumas and as always i checked them and noticed one mouldy, i formed a member of staff and rather than just take that bag off me they removed the whole box and a few minutes later they returned with a brand new sealed box
  • montyrebel
    montyrebel Posts: 646 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    lovinituk wrote: »
    Don't feed the obvious troll !!

or if we are going to feed them then it has to be mouldy bread rolls and nothing else
    mortui non mordent
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport