PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 13 March 2017

Comments

• Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,906 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Morning all. Hugs to everyone who needs them.

Me and the dogs have eaten so time to tackle some of the list and have a walk before the paid stuff.

Have a great day everyone.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,890 Forumite
    Morning all, and hugs all round.

DD feeling sick this morning, so not going to school. I thought there was something up when she wanted cuddles last night :rotfl: So I'm not going to work today and am on my second cuppa. It's a lovely sunny day, so no reason not to peek at the lists, I guess ;)
  • ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,419 Forumite
    Thank you for starting us off this week, Natty. Sorry to hear about your poorly DH and wishing him a speedy recovery. Hope you are soon fully recovered from your virus too. Take care!

I had thought that my diary didn't have a great deal in it for this week. However, closer inspection reveals that although today is completely free, I am out every other evening, Tuesday is as usual taken up with SW and college, I'm hoping to go to my U3A group on Wednesday afternoon, and it's DS3's Master's graduation on Friday :) with a long drive so another full day out - should be fun, though! There is work to be completed this week for college and church, and I do so hope that I can get out in the garden for an hour each day that I'm home.

Today the main job is to do one of the things for church (or at least make a solid start) so Flying-wise I will just aim to complete:
    - Sweep the kitchen floor - if it's bad I will delegate to DH and he can get the hoover out
    - Declutter and wipe the table
    - Degunge the fridge - at the same time checking what shopping we will really need tomorrow: I'm trying to rein in my food hoarding and buy less fresh food at a time
    - S&S the hob & oven
    - Declutter and wipe the units

Hope your eye is improving, skinty - sounds painful :cool: Good luck with your house doctoring.
    Great goal, Master Moo!
    (((Hugs))) to Narc0 re car.

Hope everyone has a good start to the week. (((Hugs))) spoons and sticks all round, as needed x
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,836 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Morning

Thank you for the lsits

Natty, blimey, I'm on my way to wrap you both up in bubble wrap, I hope you both feel a lot better soon. x

So far:-
    Banks checked
    Wm on
    Whole house hoovered
    All bins emptied and cleaned
    various lists made for me to get on with, so see you all later
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,906 Forumite
    Me again, so from the list I've crossed off what I've done:
    Mondays are Marvellous!! - Kitchen and Dining Area
    Level One...

Deweb and polish
    [STRIKE]Sweep[/STRIKE] and mop the floor
    Run WM's and DW's through a clean cycle.. don't forget to scrub out the drawers and filters.
    Level Two
    [STRIKE]Wipe the table[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Wash the windows and sills[/STRIKE]
    Degunge the fridge
    Wash any curtains/table cloths that need it
    Level Three
    S&S the hob & oven
    Wipe the units and large appliances

Extras:
    Declutter any drawers that need a really good decluttering!!
    Declutter and wipe the worksurfaces
    Clear out a cupboard of junk!

And I've got the first of three washloads in the machine, have hoovered downstairs and dusted the dusty bits in the LR. Dailies done too.

Catch you all later.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Aww natty what a nightmare. Boiler man on his way. Waiting call back from doc. Bit worried :o

Will start on list to distract myself I think!
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
  • Duckydo
    Duckydo Posts: 100 Forumite
    I'm in this week! Managed to keep on top of all dailies last week so hoping to do more off of the lists this week.

Hugs to Natty hope you DH recovers quickly, and to Skinty that def sounds painful.

Hugs to anyone else that needs it, off to make a start on the kitchen:)
  • Mumof2_2
    Mumof2_2 Posts: 2,694 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I'm in as much as I can be please. I've actually taken the big step of dropping one lot of the work as my RSI is just really painful if I type all weekend as well and had to realise money isn't everything - if I carry on I won't be able to work at all.

Natty that sounds so scarey re Dave, so glad you got him in on time

Skinty hope your pulled muscle recovers soon - I wonder what on earth happened for you to do that.

Bossy try to relax re waiting for Drs call - I know it's horrid. Thinking of you

Right, got a break in the work so going to crack in with the kitchen now
    Flymarkeeteer: £168 and counting
  • Morning all :)

Thanks for the lists Natty and Valli.

Odd start to the week. Started with a small rash last night which has now spread and covers all of the top half of my body. It looks like hives, going to see the doctor at 11.30. Very itchy, red and sore. Hacking cough still there, and DS making the most of his last few days of being 2 by reminding me how gruesome the terrible twos are!

Big hugs all round. Until I've seen the doctor I won't settle. Bossy - thinking of you x

Going to do a bit of paid stuff for DH and slurp a brew xx
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,890 Forumite
    Quick update so far...
    Level One...
    [STRIKE]Deweb and polish[/STRIKE]
    Sweep and mop the floor - will do later when DD wakes up.
    Run WM's and DW's through a clean cycle.. don't forget to scrub out the drawers and filters.
    Level Two
    [STRIKE]Wipe the table[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Wash the windows and sills[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Degunge the fridge[/STRIKE]
    Wash any curtains/table cloths that need it
    Level Three
    S&S the hob & oven
    [STRIKE]Wipe the units and large appliances[/STRIKE]
    Extras:
    Declutter any drawers that need a really good decluttering!! - I've looked at it, then shut it again....might have to do it next.
    [STRIKE]Declutter and wipe the worksurfaces[/STRIKE]
    Clear out a cupboard of junk! - too many to choose from, will think about it over coffee.

WM x2 run and hung on line. HHI done. Toilets S&Sd. Muddy riding gear cleaned up and sorted.

Bossy - thinking of you. X
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport