The MSE Forum will be undergoing some maintenance this evening. As a result, some users may experience temporary performance issues. Please use the Site Feedback board to report anything major. Thank you for your patience.

Mortgage free by 2023 (!)

Comments

• Hope you've enjoyed 30 minutes peace DF0D. Hopefully the weather will pick up soon and the kids can enjoy some fresh air xx
    Mummytogirls x

• Hour by hour update here, door is stained both sides now with first coat.. and it's stopped raining enough for DH to get outside to look at progress.

Hopefully just sold two items on book face for £20.

Been thinking about budgets again and those of you that have been in here before will smile when I say I'm binning the savings again.. Realistically I'll never save enough in the time we are paying off debt for it to make a difference and I'd rather just chuck everything at debt.

Sooo CC3 had £23.02 paid off and it's now £899.01 (pleased as I wanted that under £900 this month). Paid some more off CC5, but as I use this and online transactions haven't caught up, I need to see where I am with this, I'm close to the starting point as I stupidly spent on it, but will be stopping spending anything on this that I don't pay off straight away.

I debated again today stopping the Mortgage op's and blitzing the debt, but as all our debt is interest free and will be until it is clear and the mortgage isn't, I'm going to stick at paying them. I just want to see progress and with very little free cash, I need to get used to not having £5 here and there to pay off, don't cope very well with things happening once a month. Will up the selling activity as a means of getting some more ££'s.

Will have an extra £25 floating about each month if that isn't going to savings, but I'm not going to rework the budget until mid April I think when I get a pay rise and then i will do it properly. Will also get the electricity bill generated again as I think we could reduce down for a few months on that but need to see what the winter has done to the credit.

Right must go as the stoopid computer wants to restart and update and it'll crash soon and lose this post if i dont'!
    DFW (08/08) £64,346.53 Gone (02/19)
    MFW (08/08) £118k Gone (09/23)
  • Item delivered ok, so £20 extra in and £10 off the family loan and £5 each off the CC's so signature updated again.

Also bought a 3 for 2 offer for a reusable shopping bag, I am forever getting caught without a bag, but will use the other two for Christmas presents and then just spent the £7.03 I had in Am@zon on another Christmas present that was on flash sale. I'm doing quite well on getting gifts and I'm really hopeful for minimal spends come December..
  • Great news on the plan DF0D. I think its healthy to have a change around with your plans every now and again to keep you on your toes!!

Im glad the weather held off a bit for you xx
    Mummytogirls x

• Weather did hold off for a bit and we managed to get out for a walk around the lanes, I had to rock out my woolly hat, but it was one of those, I don;t care what I look like sessions..

Another £1.69 tracked on TCB so another Am@zon voucher requested.

Off to bed soon, I'm tired!
  • Good nights sleep had by all, let DS sleep on his mattress on our floor and he longer than ever.. maybe co-sleeping is the way forward!!!

Off to buy some plaster board today to start making the inside of the walls look a little nicer and think I'll nip into the £1 shop to get a few things for some crafting now the kitchen is half usuable again.

Why it takes me till half way through the week to actually feel good I don't know. Anyway we have nice things planned now - I even factor in DD's visit to Docs tomorrow to have her cast off in that, just so she can have a normal bath again!
  • Fully understand your no savings, tackle debt plans. I'm sure (I think) I'd need the same mentality for some peace of mind.
    MFW: Was: £136,000.......Now: £61,892.24......
    Mortgage Neutral Deficit: £43,082.90... Mortgage Neutral Savings: £18,809.34

MFiT-T6 #13 - £3,517 of £15,500 (22.69%)
    1% Mortgage Challenge 2022 - £157.59 of £650
  • Dont you think this week has flown by DF0D? Im glad you've got some plans for the next 2 days. Once DD's cast is removed will that be it or will she have to have more ops? xx
    Mummytogirls x

• Thanks SJ!

Sooo weather is dry here thankfully and we got in the garden for a bit. I swept and tidied up some leaves and brambles, the littlies generally let off some steam, they were desperate for lunch outside, but a rain cloud put paid to that. The bulb lasange that I planted last year is coming up lovely, thanks for Ali-OK. I'm looking forward to finishing the garden this year.. just need to save and save for the slabs and then save to DH's man shed!

DH is working on the door again, weather strips are going on today - not sure what else, but I'm sure all essential stuff.

Not much else to report.. will probably snuggle a bit this arvo with the littlies..
  • Hey MTG, we don't know. It might be strapped up again for another week or if it's all healing well, it will be left. She needs to be careful for the next 2 weeks and no PE for up to 4 weeks.. then we just need to see if it has worked - if not and the same thing happens again, the consultant has said he will do the op again (not a preferred option at all).. she may need some physio depending on how stiff her hand is. I'm just hoping she is ok with it coming off as they need to trim her stitches as well and I think once she sees under the case and bandage, she might not be Ok with it..
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport