Orange_Ena Posts: 1,297 Forumite
    Only 7 more working days until I have another week off :T:j

Tuesday
    * NSD
    * £21.50 credit from PA transferred to my overpayments account
    * 2 VO surveys
    * 2 PA surveys

Today
    * £134 for the radiator. It would have been £154 but thanks to the Barcl@ycard "bribe" it's not :rotfl:
    * £3.76 in Asd@
    * £11.25 in M0rrisons
    * 2 PA surveys
    * Youg0v survey
    * VO survey

I narrowly avoided a parking fine today :eek: I went to a fairly new Asd@ for the first time and totally didn't see the pay and display signs. Luckily for me I was only in there 5 mins and despite the parking attendant standing right by my car, he could see the penny dropping and the shock on my face as I realised my error. Profuse apologies followed and no fine issued. What a nice man :T
    Debt Apr 15 - £6895.44 :( Apr 17 - £2500 :) Dec 17 - £560 :) July 18 - £199 :D
    CHEFS challenge (Cruise Holiday Entirely Funded by Surveys) - £685.79
    Every penny is a prisoner :D
  • catriona79
    catriona79 Posts: 855 Forumite
    Amazing news re week off. Very jealous.

And well done for avoiding a parking fine. That's happened to me once too. God, so stressful!!

P.s. I got Prifiteroles in £idl, and they are rather delicious, nom nom. Highly recommended, only £1.99 :)
    * * * Catriona's Credit Card Countdown * * * from -£16k to debt neutraldom - for my debt diary click here
    Barclaycard -£5,867.52;
    mbna1 - 3,009.22
    mbna2 - 1,755.70
    Savings £5,017 MFiT #25 £2,627/£10k; daily interest £5.04
  • Orange_Ena
    catriona79 wrote: »
    Amazing news re week off. Very jealous.

And well done for avoiding a parking fine. That's happened to me once too. God, so stressful!!

P.s. I got Prifiteroles in £idl, and they are rather delicious, nom nom. Highly recommended, only £1.99 :)

Ah only 4 more working days until a whole week off :T:D

Confession time.......I've never eaten a profiterole. I hate cream! Yuck! They do look nice though :rotfl:

Hope you're having a good week :)
  • Orange_Ena
    !Another catch up due. Not done a lot this weekend really. I was expecting a carpenter on Saturday who has let me down. Not the first to do that recently and I'm sure he won't be the last! Nevermind, I've found someone else now so just hope he actually turns up! :o

Thursday 10th March
    * £1.75 in t3sco
    * £1.80 on a chippy tea :p
    * 2 bonus payments of £1.38 and £1.20 from PA :T
    * VO survey
    * I-S@y survey
    * 140SB earned

Friday
    * £19.42 on top up groceries and household bits
    * VO survey
    * 194SB earned

Saturday
    * NSD
    * £20 received from a friend for something
    * VO survey
    * 2 PA surveys
    * I-S@y survey
    * 90SB earned

Sunday
    * £5.26 in H0me Barg@ins on cat food and eb@y packaging
    * 42SB earned
    * £1.69 sweep into my overpayments account
    * £2.00 sweep into my FD savings account
    * 2 more dvds (Notes on a Scandal and Sideways) watched and will be sold / donated

Today
    * £3.34 for lunch
    * £30.03 on fuel
    * £12.38 for eb@y postage but paid myself back from payp@l
    * £19.07 on groceries in T3sco
    * 4 out of 10 eb@y items sold last night so £16.45 total profit transferred to my overpayments account
    * 72p sweep into my FD savings account
    * Youg0v prize draw survey
    * VO survey
    * 105SB earned

4 more days to work before a week off.......10 days until payday........hard not to wish my life away :rotfl::D
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,729 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Orange_Ena wrote: »
    !Another catch up due. Not done a lot this weekend really. I was expecting a carpenter on Saturday who has let me down. Not the first to do that recently and I'm sure he won't be the last! Nevermind, I've found someone else now so just hope he actually turns up! :o

Hi Orange Ena,

Reading this and especially your attitude to get out there and try again straightaway prompted me to call an electrician after the last one let me down. He is coming tomorrow (I hope) Your positive attitude always inspires me.

DIA x
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • Orange_Ena
    Hi Orange Ena,

Reading this and especially your attitude to get out there and try again straightaway prompted me to call an electrician after the last one let me down. He is coming tomorrow (I hope) Your positive attitude always inspires me.

DIA x

Hi DIA

Ah that's very kind of you. Believe me though, I've procrastinated for years when it comes to my house but all of a sudden, I'm desperately trying to get it done so that I'm ready for a lodger! Time is money :rotfl:

Have a great week x :)
  • Orange_Ena
    edited 21 March 2016 at 1:06AM
    And relaxxx, I've got a week off :T:beer::j Hoping the week really drags so I don't have to return to work too soon ;):D

Tuesday 15th March
    * £5.64 on carp snacks in T3sco, needed cheering up after a !!!! day at work
    * £3.60 for the car park
    * VO survey
    * 455SB earned

Wednesday 16th March
    * NSD
    * 2 i-S@y surveys
    * Youg0v survey
    * 110SB earned

Thursday 17th March
    * £37.90 in T3sco. I bought Easter eggs, drinks and snacks to take to my brothers for the weekend. Luckily I've checked my receipt as there are 2 errors. I've been charged for 4 of something when I only had 3 and some yoghurts went through at full price when they were YS so I should be refunded £2.18 in total. Cheeky swines!
    * 208SB earned
    * I-S@y survey
    * Youg0v survey
    * PA survey

Friday 18th March
    * £18.80 for a dental check-up
    * £2.18 cash refund from T3sco, gone in my savings tin
    * £20 on fuel
    * £22 for the cat sitter for the weekend
    * I-S@y survey

Saturday 19th March
    * £17.77 in T3sco, emergency supplies and medications
    * Youg0v survey

Today
    * £23.04 in T3sco on a few groceries and some unnecessary candles and some new drinking glasses, and a few YS things for the freezer
    * PA survey
    * P0pulusLive survey
    * Youg0v survey
    * 135SB earned

Thanks MSE Badger for my 3 year badge :) If only I'd kept on when I first came here I'd be debt free by now :( Oh well, I'll get there by hook or by crook :)

Have a great week y'all :)
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,729 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    You are doing fantastically well Orange Ena, no being down on yourself. Instead look how far you've come :T
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • Orange_Ena
    You are doing fantastically well Orange Ena, no being down on yourself. Instead look how far you've come :T

Ah thanks DIA. Yeah I can't change the past now. Need to remember that I have nearly halved my debt in the last year :)
  • Orange_Ena
    What a week off! I've sadly spent most of it being ill :( I suspect I'll be just well enough to return to work on Tuesday though :(:(:(:p I had a lovely time at the spa with my friend, so relaxing and totally worth the money. Just hope the cashback pays out for an even better deal :D

Anyway, down to business......

Monday 21st March
    * NSD
    * I-S@y survey
    * VO survey

Tuesday 22nd March
    * £1.50 car parking
    * £6.75 lunch
    * £2.00 on cupcakes ;)
    * PA survey
    * I-S@y survey

Wednesday 23rd March
    * £2.25 in C0sta
    * £1.50 car parking
    * £3.59 lunch in Subw@y
    * 2 VO surveys
    * 2 P0pulusLive surveys
    * PA survey

Thursday 24th March
    * £3.79 on lunch
    * £4 in H0me Barg@ins on a few bits
    * £37.22 in T3sco on groceries, medications, cat food, litter and treats
    * £13 in Wilk0s on a new lamp and a few bits. They'd only got one lamp in stock and I want two for my bedside tables so I'm getting another one from a different store tomorrow
    * I-S@y survey
    * PA survey

Good Friday
    * £10 on a 2nd new lamp
    * 50p car parking
    * £3.79 on lunch
    * 2 VO surveys
    * Youg0v survey
    * 185SB earned and a £10 Am@zon voucher redeemed
    * I-S@y 5pts for being screened out. I only need 55pts for a £10 Am@zon voucher :T

Saturday 26th March
    * £6.38 on fruit juice and cheese
    * Relisted 6 items on eb@y and listed 1 new item

Today - hoppy Easter :);)
    * NSD
    * 2 PA surveys

I've eaten out for lunch nearly every day this week! Terrible behaviour! I think it's partly cause I'm off work and this is my holiday and partly because I've been feeling ill most of the week. Must try harder next week.

I've been very slowly clearing the space under my stairs ready for a new sideboard when I can be bothered to go to Ike@. I'm getting my new sofas soon so I need to get a wriggle on and get everything in place. All my junk is now in my bedroom but the rest of the house looks very tidy and minimalist. Did you watch Friends with Monica's messy secret closet? Well that's my bedroom :rotfl: One day my whole house will be tidy at the same time, one day :D:p

What a surprise, the man fitting my skirting boards is trying to rearrange to a day when I'm back at work, therefore delaying the plasterer, decorator and carpet fitter......again. I am cursed :( I am going to start a little black book of tradespeople to avoid. Second thoughts, I might need a big black book :rotfl::)

:):):)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family