Looking for the silver lining

Comments

• Catching up after my few days away. Congrats on the new Grandson!!

Have you finished now for Christmas?

Metal detector?!:eek: Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,249 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    MTG - it was Christmas Day 2012. One of my friends moved to Filey last year. She loves it - best thing she ever did she says.

Buffy - DD moans ALL the time, nothing is ever right for her.

Beanie I'm sure you can come up with a suitable name for them that is polite :)

Was in Mr T's before 7am this morning, got the rest of the food, still struggled to get things with a use by date of 26 Decenber though. Took it all home, put it away, then went to work. Finished work at 2, went home, took dog on park, cleaned the whole house, finished wrapping presents, had a bath and now relaxing! Phew! Mr SA has done nothing to help.

Plan for tomorrow is to go into town (sheer madness) for a coffee, then DS and other are coming to fetch/deliver presents. No doubt town will be full of blokes buying presents in a panic. Mr SA used to buy my present Christmas Eve (think it's the law for blokes). Nowadays I buy my own and help him wrap it - at least I get what I want. Can't imagine what I'd get if I left him to it.
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • Sun_Addict
    Just missed you Lucky. He's not mentioned the metal detector since thankfully. I've finished now until 5 January :)
  • You cleaned the whole house. WOW.

I couldn't even manage the bloody living room!!

x
    Nevertheless she persisted.
  • Sun_Addict
    It was only a wipe/polish/Hoover/tidy Buffy, nothing too drastic. Only took an hour.
  • Hope you and Mr SA have a lovely Christmas SA xx
    Mummytogirls x

• Sun_Addict
    You and your family too xx

I'm a bit miffed with Mr SA, bearing in mind all the extra food I bought for the Boxing Day buffet, DS had apparently told him they were coming today instead as they are going to DS GF's. He forgot to tell me ;( I'm disappointed as I bought loads of stuff, some which will go out of date on Boxing Day. They said they'll come on Sunday but I think they only said it because I showed them all the stuff I bought. :(

I wanted to go for a nice lunch today, we went in town for a coffee then it started raining heavily so we came back home because Mr SA is so slow we were getting soaked. :(

Christmas Day we usually go to our local pub for a couple of drinks, there's always a good atmosphere. Mr SA doesn't want to go this year. :(

Disappointed :(
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,186 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    :( for you xx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Oh. that is not fair of your son to only tell Mr SA. Surely they know you do all the stuff!!!!!!

I am disappointed on your behalf. Perhaps try freezing some of the food?

I hope I am not talking out of turn here but do your kids actually realise the extent to which you are carrying Mr SA?

I hope so. And sorry if I am out of line.

XXX
    Nevertheless she persisted.
  • Sun_Addict
    Thanks both. You're not out of line Buffy. I really don't think DS realises the true extent. DD is disappointed too as she is back at work Sunday. She says she'll eat some of the food tonight and tomorrow.

Feel fed up sometimes at Christmas because no one ever invites us to theirs and no one wants to come to ours. I think Mr SA puts them off.

Remind me next year not to bother.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family