Eager Elephant's Effective Everyday Excursion ...

Comments

• Good news re car costs.

I've never had a tumble dryer and never would. My house does usually look like a launderette mind you :o
    5 Year plan. April 2020 to June 2025- CC and mortgage free by time I'm 60
    Currently CC £23,674.36 /£14,895.41/£14315.42
    Mortgage £28,214.65/ £26,254.71/ £25,746.43
    By end 2020 I want CC at £ 19,000.00.
    By end 2021 I want CC at £10,000.00
  • Notepad
    Notepad Posts: 25 Forumite
    My house is the same! Duvet covers over the banisters, clothes hung on doors, airers x 3! But we do have a spare bedroom which keeps it contained and mostly out of sight. We had a tumble drier a couple of years ago but our bill skyrocketed so we sold it and vowed never again.

Glad you're feeling better EE and well done on the payments. And thanks for your help with my queries.
    LBM 01.11.14 :shocked:
    Total joint debt: £22,300k (loan, c.cards, o.drafts) :wall:
    Self-managed DMP commenced 01.12.14 :)
    Estimated DFY: 2018 :o
  • Had an email today from YouGov to tell me I had won some points in the monthly draw so I logged into my account and I was one of the 20 people who won 2000 points.

That has really helped my total, I am now just a little bit under 4000 points.

I have been doing all surveys sent to me so I hope by February I will be able to cash out again.

I always take my surveys as points rather than prize draw entries, obviously the oracle pays in draw entries so they are always worth doing
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 89,816
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    Good news on the 2000 points :j
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Had a busy few weeks - DS turned 18 this week:eek:
    It's so scary as I am 33 (34 next week) but I still think of myself as in my 20's and now I have an adult son.

We had a lovely meal out for 6 of us which didn't cost that much.

I have been buying Xmas presents and DD's birthday present (New Years Day:eek:) and am within budget and have not used the credit cards at all:T

Going to get the food shopping today - not really that much too get as been buying bits for the last few weeks. I will probably stock up on normal food as well so that I don't go near a shop for a few weeks.

DH and I have decided to get each other Xmas presents this year - we have set a limit of £50. I sent him a list of perfumes I would like that come within the limit and some which come within the limit for my birthday so he had a choice. He forgot about the limits so has brought me all of them:rotfl: - on the one hand I am :j but on the other I am :mad:. It is his money though so it's up to him plus I will have 4 rather nice perfumes to wear!!

Last Sunday was the annual turkey cull - we had 7 this year that we had reared (we have others but they are for breeding), they were all boys and quite big! We have sold 3 of them and rest will be for us, a few years ago we sold all but one and then were gutted we did not have more as we grow them for ourselves really so I am very chuffed to be able to have turkey for weeks to come.

Have not made any extra payments to o/d which is at £100 at the moment - just about to do the payday shuffle (10 days early) and then maybe on Xmas Eve I will pay it off as a little present to myself:rotfl:
  • Phew I'm exhausted, I doff my cap to you and all you have managed to pay off despite the ups and downs over the last couple of years.

I hope you enjoy the perfume, I have asked for some this year too from my in laws, funny when I really was frivolous and spent every penny perfume was a necessity and now it is lovely to have.

Well done for not spending on the cards for presents, hope you have a good festive period.

C x
    Loan from Mum £500/£300
    DH computer £270.06/PAID :T
    Kids computer £854.33/46.18 :eek:
    Bike £276.15/118.35
    Overdraft £1192/0 :eek:
    Car £5374.04/316.12 :eek:
  • Merry Xmas to everyone

:xmastree::xmastree::xmastree:

As a Xmas present to myself I have paid £100 to my overdraft and that is now cleared (and no facility as reduced it as I went) so no more monthly charges (except the £2 account fee - it's a 123 account)

I am all excited for the new year ahead and am itching to get planning and clearing my debts and my house.

The problem is it's Xmas Eve and really the family should do something together although everyone is currently doing something separate.

I know that next year I will clear my Halifax credit card and then move on to the Santander one (0% until October 2015).
    Then I will concentrate on savings as my Barclaycard is in default and with a debt agency who I pay £5pm to and as it's interest free I am better off saving the money in an account ready to do a full and final.

Ooh plans, plans, plans - I love planning:rotfl:
  • mary_hinge
    mary_hinge Posts: 1,585
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    Forumite
    Merry Christmas EE :beer:
    Living in a superhero induced haze :A:A
    "You did good Kidda!" :D
  • Sounds like you have some great plans for 2015 and well done on the OD!

All the very best to you for the New Year!

Ellie xx
  • :bdaycake: Happy Birthday EE, hope its a good one _party_.
    Mortgage Jan 2023 9yrs 11mths £61,389 Mortgage overpayment £1867/£3600 Mortgage Jan 2022 11yrs 6mths £69.996 Mortgage overpayment £3132/£3600
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure