Loan statements not Received

Hi

Today I received a letter from RBS saying they hadn't sent me loan statements and notice of sums in arrears notices for the last 4 years but they were now rectifying this by sending me them now. They have enclosed them all. However they did say in the letter they didn't fully meet the requirements of the consumer credit act 1974

However, do I have any rights to request a refund of interest over the period that they didn't send me these documents.

If so does anyone have a specific letter I can send please?

Comments

• DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Hi

Today I received a letter from RBS saying they hadn't sent me loan statements and notice of sums in arrears notices for the last 4 years but they were now rectifying this by sending me them now. They have enclosed them all. However they did say in the letter they didn't fully meet the requirements of the consumer credit act 1974

However, do I have any rights to request a refund of interest over the period that they didn't send me these documents.

If so does anyone have a specific letter I can send please?

You shouldnt have posted the same thread twice.
    Just keep it in 1 place and let the board guides move it if needed.

No harm in asking for a refund in interest, the worst they say is no.
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,834 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 23 May 2018 at 10:11PM
    Consumer Credit Act 1974

c. 39 Part VI Section 77A

This subsection applies in relation to a failure to give a statement under this section to the debtor :

(a) the creditor shall not be entitled to enforce the agreement during the period of non-compliance

(b) the debtor shall have no liability to pay any sum of interest to the extent calculated by reference to the period of non-compliance or to any part of it; and

(c) the debtor shall have no liability to pay any default sum which (apart from this paragraph
    (i)would have become payable during the period of non-compliance.

Write back quoting the above and ask for a refund of interest and any charges that were added.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure