IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

SIP Court case help

Comments

• lafferdog
    lafferdog Posts: 61 Forumite
    Court was manchester, Judges name began with m, mavers maybe?

Claimint rep was Daniel Probert.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,614 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Really pleased that other NEWBIES scan see and learn that a brief defence put in by a newbie before coming here, can still be expanded upon at WS stage, and the case can still be won. This was the defence at the start, then the WS and evidence added to it:
    On the xx xx xx I returned to my car to find a ticket issued for parking on the hatched area of the car park. When I left the car I wasn't sure if the hatched area was in use or valid as it was so worn out and parking there wouldn't have caused any obstruction. I asked a couple of other people parking if they thought it was ok to park there and they agreed it looked fine and they had seen cars park there before.

Further to that there are no markings anywhere in the car park so I assumed they were redundant and not in use. Wrong to assume maybe, but that was the impression I had.

The ticket offered the opportunity to appeal which I did straight away with photos of the area in question. Around 10 days later I received a letter saying I now owed £100, and there was no acknowledgement of my appeal letter, so I wrote back to say I had appealed and resent the original appeal letter.

On the xx xx xx I received a letter from Gladstones Solicitors saying I then owed £150. I was away on holiday for 10 days after this, and then returned to find the Claim Form I am responding to now.

From my point of view I appealed the ticket which I honestly felt was not fair, I have attached images of the hatched area, which I noticed has recently been repainted. If I was to have had my appeal rejected and offered the £60 that is part of their process I would have paid it. However, my letters were ignored and it was escalated to where it is now despite effort on my part to follow their process. The time and effort this has caused me now feels like it out weights any inconvenience I caused leaving my car where I did which is why I would like to dispute the whole amount.

I have attached all my letters of correspondence and the photos that I took that show the worn out hatched area and that there are no other markings anywhere in the carpark which made me think it was fine to park there.

Did the person who appeared actually come from SIP parking? An employee? Did he struggle?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • lafferdog
    I just wanted to add, my overall impression was so different to what I expected. Their representative was a joke, I was surprised how incompetent he came across, it makes me think that they don't really aim or try that hard to win cases but get all their revenue off people who either ignore and lose by default, or they get scared and pay. They must make a fortune and it is a total waste of the courts time.
  • lafferdog
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Really pleased that other NEWBIES scan see and learn that a brief defence put in by a newbie before coming here, can still be expanded upon at WS stage, and the case can still be won. This was the defence at the start, then the WS and evidence added to it:

Did the person who appeared actually come from SIP parking? An employee? Did he struggle?

He was a mess, he seemed a bit shaken up, maybe he had been grilled in the two previous to me. It was close for a second, and I felt he judge was really looking to throw it out, then I had the photo which I hadnt actually submitted as I thought it was irrelevant. But it turned out to be what did it.
  • lafferdog
    lafferdog wrote: »
    He was a mess, he seemed a bit shaken up, maybe he had been grilled in the two previous to me. It was close for a second, and I felt he judge was really looking to throw it out, then I had the photo which I hadnt actually submitted as I thought it was irrelevant. But it turned out to be what did it.

sorry and yes an employee I believe, he was the guy that signed the witness statement. Maybe a fulltime in house rep? He had a big mess file thing going on.:rotfl:
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,614 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 13 July 2017 at 8:47PM
    Hilarious, I seem to recall SIP staff/reps have been reported as rubbish at hearings, before!

Waste of your time. Did you ask for your costs for attending, missed leave/salary for a half day?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • lafferdog
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Hilarious, I seem to recall SIP ones have been reported as rubbish at hearings, before!

Waste of your time. Did you ask for your costs for attending, missed leave/salary for a half day?

I did ask for costs, I had it itemised out, but the judge was unsure and said it wasnt normal, i pushed and he said I would have to have had a pay check to prove my wage, so gave me travel and materials costs, so only £20 but feels like I am fining them back, so really happy with it. Might just frame the cheque rather than cash it.
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    as I have always said about S.I.P

SIMPLE ? = yes they are , definitely !!

INTELLIGENT ? = no chance , thick as p wotsit

Parking ? - more like pillocks if you ask me , lol

I never , NEVER park in a S.I.P. car park , especially not near the arena or apollo

congratulations on your win , hope they lost all the rest too
  • Elysander
    Elysander Posts: 99 Forumite
    lafferdog wrote: »

Sounds very like the SIP employee that I saw at Manchester County Court at the end of June. He seemed to be very muddled and confused. He turned up in a very shabby suit that was stained and the hems of his trousers were frayed. . His shirt was too small for him, his belly was bursting out of it!

Congratulations on your well deserved win. Praise must also go to the regulars who provided you with expert advice!
  • lafferdog
    Elysander wrote: »
    Sounds very like the SIP employee that I saw at Manchester County Court at the end of June. He seemed to be very muddled and confused. He turned up in a very shabby suit that was stained and the hems of his trousers were frayed. . His shirt was too small for him, his belly was bursting out of it!

Congratulations on your well deserved win. Praise must also go to the regulars who provided you with expert advice!

Without the help of this forum I would have been in trouble. can't thank them enough. the effort they put in on here is very inspiring and admirable.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure