Untaxed cars

Comments

• CLT1987
    CLT1987 Posts: 8 Forumite
    Thank you for the only reply with a genuinely helpful answer!
  • CLT1987
    Try rummaging through his bins, you might find some useful information.

Great idea, I'll get my marigolds on now! :j
  • CLT1987
    Join a random forum and start a thread about it.

Already done that! Anything else Mr Mc? :j
  • moneysaver
    moneysaver Posts: 824
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 16 May 2017 at 4:35PM
    If he is dodging tax, insurance or mot he should be reported. You are quite right to do so. Cannot stand fly people who do this. I pay all my stuff due on my car & it is not cheap.

There is also a chance they have no Insurance. Would any of the previous posters like to be hit by an unisured driver?

I don't care if he is a dealer as long as he is paying what is due. If he is not, report it.

Moneysaver
  • CLT1987
    moneysaver wrote: »
    If he is dodging tax, insurance or mot he should be reported. You are quite right to do so. Cannot stand fly people who do this. I pay all my stuff due on my car & it is not cheap.

There is also a chance they have no Insurance. Would any of the previous posters like to be hit by an unisured driver?

I don't care if he is a dealer as long as he is paying what is due. If he is not, report it.

Moneysaver

Finally someone who thinks along the same lines as I do. He is not a trader he's a taxi driver who was driving around in a private hire vehicle without road tax on it for least 2 years until recently. The cars arrive and leave without trade plates. Fair enough though as pointed out he could be storing them for someone who is a trader. However it still isn't acceptable for some to flout the law and for those who adhere to it to be penalised.
  • Joe_Horner
    Joe_Horner Posts: 4,895
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    It's not necessarily that the other posters don't agree about people who ignore the rules but - like many posters before you - you've drip-fed extra information after your first post while asking for opinions based on the incomplete story. All the earlier opinions were perfectly valid with what you'd revealed at that point.

There's also the slightly odd question of, since tax disks no longer exist, why you know that these cars are untaxed. We have several neighbours who change cars fairly regularly and, especially in summer, often have unknown cars appearing for a few days parked along the road. Not once have we felt the need, or even curiosity, to check whether any of them are taxed or not!
  • CLT1987
    I checked initially because someone from his house parked an untaxed car in front of my drive for 3 months blocking me out of my own drive and has parked other untaxed cars there for a few days after that. And I knew about the taxi because the council turned up and it was on their Twitter feed about why.
  • Johno100
    Johno100 Posts: 5,259
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    drip.jpg
  • mcpitman
    mcpitman Posts: 1,267
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    CLT1987 wrote: »
    I checked initially because someone from his house parked an untaxed car in front of my drive for 3 months blocking me out of my own drive and has parked other untaxed cars there for a few days after that. And I knew about the taxi because the council turned up and it was on their Twitter feed about why.

So you are looking for revenge for someone else parking over your drive some time ago?

If the cars are on his drive, mind your own business.

If he blocks your drive (leaving the car on the street), report it to the relevant authorities.
    Life isn't about the number of breaths we take, but the moments that take our breath away. Like choking....
  • moneysaver
    moneysaver Posts: 824
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    CLT1987 wrote: »
    Finally someone who thinks along the same lines as I do. He is not a trader he's a taxi driver who was driving around in a private hire vehicle without road tax on it for least 2 years until recently. The cars arrive and leave without trade plates. Fair enough though as pointed out he could be storing them for someone who is a trader. However it still isn't acceptable for some to flout the law and for those who adhere to it to be penalised.

If he is driving them to his address then puts them on a driveway he is breaking the law.
    Keep on reporting him. Sounds like scum to me.

Moneysaver
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport