Eager Elephant's Effective Everyday Excursion ...

Comments

• We don't have a Mr M here :( nearest is 17 miles away. Shame really as i'd get a nice discount (thanks to mum working there).

I have to take my dog to the vets tomorrow I forgot to mention it on my diary, reading yours has just reminded me! He has an ear infection I think :( poor little thing he's feeling very sorry for himself after I bathed him and plucked loads of hair out of there :o

Keep going on the mini targets are you doing a new one each month? The stock cupboard sounds a great idea! I used to have one when kerri was doing her challenge on the OS boards, DH kept taking the mick and telling me off for "hoarding" so I kind of just gave up! xxx

Welcome back DFW - the problem with school holidays is that the kids get in the way of important MSE time!!

Oh poor doggy - hope he gets better soon.

My kitten is being a right pain the bottom :rotfl:, it's like having a new born baby who has to be fed through the night - I am feeling quite sleep deprived!!

The target to pay off my Santander c/c started 10 weeks ago as I was so annoyed that I had only paid off £9 in 10 months (or thereabouts) so I had a mad moment and decided to pay it off in 12 weeks:eek:

I think after Xmas I will hit the Halifax c/c - that has double the amount the Santander started at so I might need to allow a bit more time :rotfl:

The store cupboard things is because I really want a pantry, there was one in the house before we moved in but the council knocked it out to put a bathroom in to bring the house up to decent homes standard but I'm thinking the shed (previous outside loo) would be ideal - I have mentioned it to DH who is all for it.
    Just need to clear it out, he can board the roof and paint the walls, then a shelving unit and we are sorted!!

The problem is we don't have many kitchen cupboards so need extra storage for tins and bottles of squash - at the moment I am using our spare chest freezer (switched off!!) which is in the shed but can't do this forever as soon it will be Xmas and the Turkeys will need a home :rotfl:
  • Brogden
    Brogden Posts: 1,173 Forumite
    At the moment I am doing ok with match points so I am happy with the system:rotfl:

Up until a few months ago I hadn't shopped at Morrisons regularly for a few years so didn't even know they did a Xmas bonus thing - I logged on to my M&M card yesterday to check my points and I saw something about Xmas bonus and thought 'ooh what's this?' and there it was!!
    Maybe the staff haven't been told.

Hope Mrs B is a happy bunny today with news of the Xmas bonus :rotfl:

Thanks.

I'm carrying on with the Morrisons Match & More too - even after a bad day with it :mad:

Speak soon.

Brogden x
  • Eager_Elephant
    Eager_Elephant Posts: 4,714 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    edited 9 November 2014 at 2:53PM
    Week 1 £80.01/£75.01 +£5.00
    Week 2 £64.28/£75.01 -£10.73
    Week 3 £56.63/£75.01 -£18.38
    Week 4 £8.26/£75.01 -£66.75
    Week 5 £12.82/£75.01 -£62.19
    Week 6 £81.02/£75.01 +£6.01

Week 7 £70.63/£75.01 -£4.38
    Week 8 £65.93/£75.01 - £9.08
    Week 9 £12.63/£75.01 - £62.38

Week 10 £70.01/£75.01 -£5.00
    Week 11 £235.64/£75.01 +£160.63

Today is the end of Week 11 so just 1 more week to go until my challenge of paying off the Santander c/c ends.

The balance of my credit card is actually only £130 - I have not been counting the minimum payments I have been making so I didn't have to find the full £933.01 from extra payments.

I am hopeful I can pay this off by next Sunday although my statement printing day is Saturday so will try to have it all paid off my Thursday so it shows on Friday ready for me to hopefully have a £0 balance on November statement.

• Today is the end of Week 11 so just 1 more week to go until my challenge of paying off the Santander c/c ends.

The balance of my credit card is actually only £130 - I have not been counting the minimum payments I have been making so I didn't have to find the full £933.01 from extra payments.

I am hopeful I can pay this off by next Sunday although my statement printing day is Saturday so will try to have it all paid off my Thursday so it shows on Friday ready for me to hopefully have a £0 balance on November statement.

I have just paid the last £80 off my credit card:T:T

Fingers crossed that no interest is added when the statement is printed
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,239 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Great news on last payment :j
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Congratulations!!!! Well done for sticking in there!!! What's next?
    Debt - CCV £3792
    CCB £1383 (took a hit for a holiday)

Loan 1 £1787
    Loan 2 £1683
    Total £8601 Was £39302
  • Eager_Elephant
    Eager_Elephant Posts: 4,714 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    edited 15 November 2014 at 10:06AM
    Congratulations!!!! Well done for sticking in there!!! What's next?

Thanks DebtFree and beanie - it's feels great to have paid a credit card off (the only one I have ever cleared was a Capital One card many years ago but that limit was about £200!!

Next will be my Halifax credit card which I will make little PAD's to before Xmas but then after Xmas I will start a challenge to clear it.

Between now and Xmas I will try to get my Santander o/d down - it is only £300 but they now charge £1 per day all month rather than £1 per day up to a maximum of 20days. By my reckoning that is interest of 10% a month so crikey knows what the APR would be.
    The account the o/d is on was my main bank account but when they upgraded me to a 123 account I have changed it to be the bill account as I get cashback each month.
    But it is still my responsibility to pay back so I will reduce it by £50 a time (up until recently you could only ask for increases online but when I checked a few weeks ago you can now ask for reduction)

The Halifax card is a nightmare as well - the APR is now 27.45% (up from 22.45% a few months ago) and the minimum payment is last months interest plus £5 which means some months I only pay off £1-£2:eek: as the interest for the next month is nearly as much as the minimum payment - wonder how much they are making off their customers.
    I do have a LOB transfer on there which is £1100 at 6.52%, the rest of the balance £1200 is at 27.45%.
  • Well done :T
  • I have just paid the last £80 off my credit card:T:T

Fingers crossed that no interest is added when the statement is printed

Well they added £9.05 interest so I paid £10.05 to account for any other interest they may add this month so the credit card is now in credit:T
  • Not much going on here in the EE household - usual expenses relating to school for the kids and food shopping.

I have a new airer - not a heated one, just a normal gate style. I am adamant I will not use the tumble dryer ever again - it's like a competition to make sure all work and school stuff is dry by Monday morning. I then do the non urgent things through the week - 12hrs on the airer near the airing cupboard is enough to get a load dry.
    We are only having the heating on about once a week as the house is still quite warm.

One stupid thing I have done is reverse DH's truck into my car :eek::eek:. My defence is that it was pitch black and I forgot how much swing an L200 has :eek:
    Luckily the only damage is a broken light, the garage looked at it yesterday and they will get me a price to replace it and then let me know. I told him to just do it but he said he better tell me first as they had an older car in recently and the light cost over £200:eek:
    I have money set aside for car repairs so fingers crossed I have enough to cover it.

Thinking ahead to Xmas - we have Relative over and he thinks this is his last Xmas:(. He started mentioning it before he was diagnosed with Parkinsons and I am a bit worried - they reckon people know when they are going to die don't they??
    We will just keep things the same as usual, xmas dinner, TV for relative and board games - he will probably fall asleep as his new medication makes him sleep most of the day but has stopped the shaky legs.
    Relative has brought tons of chocs, biscuits and snacks - he usually does some but this year just seems so over the top. The only thing I have brought so far is a big box of Ferrero Rocher. Plus of course we will get in all the fruit and veg - we usually (accidentally) order a months supply for a week :rotfl: so we shouldn't need to leave the house in the week after Xmas.

DD has written her Xmas/Birthday list which includes a 3DS XL :eek:. DS is a nightmare and also has a birthday soon - he will be 18 :eek: so we usually give him cash as he will start driving lessons asap and will need a car.
    I have been saving £100pm since earlier this year which is for oil and Xmas - we did the oil in the summer so I should be able to cover Xmas presents with the cash I have (family all get a token gift)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure