They're taking my business :-(

1235»

Comments

• I hope you ARE missing something and it's not me who is...

Income tax can be a part of a bankruptcy though. In fact it's probably one of the main factors in most bankruptcies, I'd hazard to guess?
  • silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 46,945 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    I must be missing something. You have earned £20k a year for years and not paid tax on it. How does this fall into your bankruptcy?
    I hope you ARE missing something and it's not me who is...

Income tax can be a part of a bankruptcy though. In fact it's probably one of the main factors in most bankruptcies, I'd hazard to guess?

You are both right. Not paying tax when due will result in hmrc taking action and that may very well leave the (non!) tax payer with no option other than bankruptcy. Indeed hmrc can and does make people bankrupt.

I suspect that more people go bankrupt because they can't pay their tax bills, rather than non-declared tax and subsequent bills, but the net result is the same.
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • maxmycardagain
    maxmycardagain Posts: 5,747 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    interesting

so someone owns (for a period of time) the domain name, which may be worthless alone (unless very attractive if sold on)

someone else designs a website and may hold the copyright/design

the actual trade off the site profits the bankrupt but is specific to the BR

the hosting could be anywhere worldwide

the suffix could be subject to laws in the US or like .NET.... anywhere

methinks the IS is hoping the BR comes up with an offer..........and all the passwords.........lol
    Now we all know how it felt to play in the band on the Titanic...
  • maxmycardagain
    maxmycardagain Posts: 5,747 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    I must be missing something. You have earned £20k a year for years and not paid tax on it. How does this fall into your bankruptcy?

take or make?

costs and personal tax allowances could wipe taxable profits leaving a nil tax to pay
    Now we all know how it felt to play in the band on the Titanic...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure