JIL wrote: »
    Now resolved...........
    What is???
  • JIL
    JIL Posts: 8,660
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Sorry maybe I deleted too hastily.
    I booked four days in a holiday accommodation via booking.com when booking it said no changes, if I cancelled I would be charged the full amount. I was really looking forward to the holiday.

Two days after booking and payment had left my account I had an email to say that the room had been double booked, wasn't sure how it happened but would I like to go earlier. Work commitments ruled that out. I asked for a refund but had heard nothing. I didn't know what I should do. If I cancelled via the booking site I was informed I would not get a refund.

Anyway today I received an email confirming, good news " the accommodation has accepted your reason for cancellation and will make a full £300 refund"

I had asked if anyone else had experience of booking. Com and any way to contact.
  • martindow
    martindow Posts: 10,198
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    JIL wrote: »
    Sorry maybe I deleted too hastily.
    I booked four days in a holiday accommodation via booking.com when booking it said no changes, if I cancelled I would be charged the full amount. I was really looking forward to the holiday.

Two days after booking and payment had left my account I had an email to say that the room had been double booked, wasn't sure how it happened but would I like to go earlier. Work commitments ruled that out. I asked for a refund but had heard nothing. I didn't know what I should do. If I cancelled via the booking site I was informed I would not get a refund.

Anyway today I received an email confirming, good news " the accommodation has accepted your reason for cancellation and will make a full £300 refund"

I had asked if anyone else had experience of booking. Com and any way to contact.
    Thanks for putting it back up. There is nothing more annoying than deleted threads that may have been helpful to others in the future!
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    You could have kept the original post and just added resolved to the title.
  • JIL
    JIL Posts: 8,660
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    DCFC79 wrote: »
    You could have kept the original post and just added resolved to the title.

Yes I could have, I had deleted as I didn't want people responding to a question I had resolved.

There's not an instruction manual on how best to do these things. I did what I thought was best at that time, it was only when I saw a post asking "what was" that I gave some further thoughts as to it may have been useful to others and not just me.

I have put the appraised version back up and if anyone is interested today I got a further email from booking, com to say the refund would take between seven and ten days. Considering it took one day to leave my account I am not too thrilled.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure