Vodafone - Another increase whilst in contract

Nesty
Nesty Posts: 492 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
I know there is an official Vodafone complaint thread. Though I think other mobile operators also enforce this practice of a rise whilst, you are in contact.
Absolutely, riles me another inflation rise from Vodafone whilst locked in contract. It's completely disgraceful, Vodafone (I assumes other mobile providers) get away with this practice.
I am not free to leave the contract. They automatically trap you that you have to pay the increase. OK it's not going to break the bank and in T&C's, though the principle of this is disgracful. How does consumer law allow this to keep on happening.
Surely there has to be a law about this soon. If these company want to alter the price of the contract, then an opt out should be allowed.

Comments

• mobilejunkie
    mobilejunkie Posts: 8,460 Forumite
    Nothing new there then.
  • d123
    d123 Posts: 8,621 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Nesty wrote: »
    I know there is an official Vodafone complaint thread. Though I think other mobile operators also enforce this practice of a rise whilst, you are in contact.
    Absolutely, riles me another inflation rise from Vodafone whilst locked in contract. It's completely disgraceful, Vodafone (I assumes other mobile providers) get away with this practice.
    I am not free to leave the contract. They automatically trap you that you have to pay the increase. OK it's not going to break the bank and in T&C's, though the principle of this is disgracful. How does consumer law allow this to keep on happening.
    Surely there has to be a law about this soon. If these company want to alter the price of the contract, then an opt out should be allowed.

Maybe read the contract before you sign up next time, it's not like they don't raise the prices every year...
    ====
  • Go SIM only with Three, they tend to not increase SIM only prices annually.
  • Nesty
    Lucky my daughters contract is up in June and I will be certainly be shifting her away from Vodafone due to her data usage. 3 looks an option as they do unlimited data plan.
  • d123
    Lucky my daughters contract is up in June and I will be certainly be shifting her away from Vodafone due to her data usage. 3 looks an option as they do unlimited data plan.

Just so long as you don't sign up for a contract with a handset from Three...
    Changes to your monthly Price Plan due to RPI.

If you joined us or upgraded your phone or Mobile Broadband plan on or after 29 May 2015, your contract allows us to increase the cost of your monthly recurring charge each May by an amount up to the January Retail Price Index (RPI) rate of inflation. This has been announced for January 2018 at 4% and you'll see this increase on or after your May bill and from then onwards.

www.three.co.uk
    ====
  • Nesty
    d123 wrote: »
    Just so long as you don't sign up for a contract with a handset from Three...

www.three.co.uk

She not getting a new handset. It's something like £70 a month on unlimited with i phone. Gonna get her SIM only, as she can't control her data usage. Then again does any youngster nowadays?!
  • boatman
    boatman Posts: 4,699 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 17 April 2018 at 3:10PM
    She not getting a new handset. It's something like £70 a month on unlimited with i phone. Gonna get her SIM only, as she can't control her data usage. Then again does any youngster nowadays?!
    HOW MUCH!!!??

Be cheaper to buy a car and drive to see her friends...
    Yes, sim only is the way to go.
  • Nesty
    boatman wrote: »
    HOW MUCH!!!??

Be cheaper to buy a car and drive to see her friends...
    Yes, sim only is the way to go.

£70 a month is about 2 series down, not the latest model. The latest i-phone (X), £115 per month on unlimited data. The mobile companies there to make money. charging so much for a decent amount of data tariff, they know the youngsters can't put down their phones and can't live without them.

I have about 5GB a month and don't even use that.
  • d123
    £70 a month is about 2 series down, not the latest model. The latest i-phone (X), £115 per month on unlimited data. The mobile companies there to make money. charging so much for a decent amount of data tariff, they know the youngsters can't put down their phones and can't live without them.

£83 a month for an iPhone X from Three, unlimited min/text/data.

39095_C1_A-0_D51-415_D-_BA3_C-5_D8_DB10_F3_CC6.jpg
    http://store.three.co.uk/view/basket/ContractD07092019T870101
    ====
  • Nesty
    edited 17 April 2018 at 5:12PM
    Thanks sorry I forgot about searching for upfront cost, as I generally don't pay for phones!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure